We have a release date: December 18, 2020!

Ladadoos

I've been away for a while because of the release reset. I came back yesterday after having a craving to mess about in the Forge. I came to the forum to see if somehow I'd missed a certain feature I'd never noticed before that enhances my messing about considerably: click on a card in the marketplace and play it in the Forge. I found

- Added ability to click on cards in the marketplace in order to play them in the forge.

in the patch notes.

This is just brilliant. I can see my beloved alternate Razorleaf properly again. And all the other fancy cards but Razorleaf is the one I've missed. My other favourites are standard cards included in the starter deck or cheap enough to buy in the market but premium Razorleaf was out of reach. Thank you so much.

12 minutes ago, Psymantis said:

This is just brilliant. 

Then I think you will be happy to know that we added this window that shows the content of each booster.... which allows you to also click on the cards to spawn them. So you don't even need to rely on the card being in the marketplace (except for santa claus and easter egg).
image.png

42 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Then I think you will be happy to know that we added this window that shows the content of each booster.... which allows you to also click on the cards to spawn them. So you don't even need to rely on the card being in the marketplace (except for santa claus and easter egg).
image.png

That's where I first encountered it. That's a cool feature as well but seeing any model in the Forge is something else. ;p

Missing the dislike button, regarding the above post.

You knowed about the rules, you accepted them and then you broke the rules -willingly and knowingly

Imo it would be unfair to reset bans and I see NO reason for it.

24 minutes ago, BIGBOY said:

I don't know your personal life, but maybe you have some issues, who knows what's going on. You do not show kindness. I think most of your stuff is living in his own reality, life sucks etc. 

This alone is rude - and reason enough...

DrPsy, fiki574, RuneSeeker and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, BIGBOY said:

Hi.

Are you going to release players from ban and give them opportunity to start again after final reset? Does not matter what he/she did. Lets say multi-accounting for a reason.

But its very unfair if you don't. It's not a tragedy. Plus you have corona virus and so many F.... lockdowns and dead people... Only thing that makes me happy is Joe winning the US election.

I think, to be fair, you should give people chance, all of them. I also created some accounts but could not play, i do not remember passwords etc.

If there was old times, like professional stuff was managing this game/forum they would have given chance to everyone. But now, old forumers want to create very strict rules and they try to be professional Moderators and Admins. 

Its hard to get ranked PVP matches why you want people to leave the game.

IMHO  you take things very seriously and maybe too personal. I have a feeling, that you treat things like real crime, suing them and punishing.

I don't know your personal life, but maybe you have some issues, who knows what's going on. You do not show kindness. I think most of your stuff is living in his own reality, life sucks etc. 

This is the best you've come up with? Ask us for forgiveness, and proceed to be utmost rude and insulting?

200 IQ play.

RuneSeeker and DrPsy like this

Those are the most incoherently rambling posts that I have ever read, no joke. So many completely irrelevant if not downright cringe remarks. Actually this song in written form.

Okay, so let's take this seriously for a moment.

No doubt some people that were previously banned for multi accounting would actually embrace a new chance after release and never do it again. But for others it would just be an additional incentive because now any progress they make by farming BFP on multiple accounts would be permanent.

People squeezing the most amount of BFP they can out of one account is one thing. But imagine what it would do to the crucial early days after release if you invited people back in again that massively inflate BFP amounts on the server by grinding multiple accounts, even if only for a few days. There will definitely be a surge of multi accounting after release, why give chances to previous multi accounters too? It's just more workload for the moderation to ban most of them again.

If anything, somewhere down the line, a few months after release after the economy got more stable, the team could lift pre-1.0 multi account bans to give them that chance. But they are busy enough at launch as it is. No need to also invite known offenders back in, a lot of them will try either way.

Are you suggesting the people that disagree with you are new accounts paid off with virtual gaming cards? What are you even talking about? How does that ... what? It doesn't make any sense, I can't. :lol:

>I will tell you later why.

Please don't.

>Donuld

This has to be a troll account, please. For my sanity, please be a troll account.

Metagross31 likes this

I haven't really tried it since open beta started, as a lot wasn't working then and with the incoming reset I didn't want to invest to much time. But now that the reset is finally coming, and reading the progress you made, I am really greatful for your work and that you made it possible to play this gem again. (Especially after Blizzard took away WC3).

One question I have though, is how strong are your servers? While I don't expect a flawless first day when many players try to login simultaneously, will there be enough capacity to support x-fold of player numbers compared to the stress tests? Or is capacity calculated moderatly, and increased depending on player numbers.

1 hour ago, OuhYesPlease said:

One question I have though, is how strong are your servers? While I don't expect a flawless first day when many players try to login simultaneously, will there be enough capacity to support x-fold of player numbers compared to the stress tests? Or is capacity calculated moderatly, and increased depending on player numbers.

The current server should easily be able to handle at least 1k players, very likely quite a bit more (currently 100-150 at peak).

OuhYesPlease likes this

Guys just found out this few days ago, as i looked for “battleforge” cause i remembered how amazing this game was when it came out and me young and fresh trying on xp in that time, incouldnt continue. And after years, (now) i found that some awesome people actually bringing it back! 
long story short

all the respect for the devs, and thank you for bringing back this masterpiece, and a small-piece of childhood! 

thank you!

Ps.: keep up the good work, and why not to expand this? New maps, cards? Just askin.

MrDanilov likes this

On 11/4/2020 at 11:22 AM, Thingol said:

That is actually an amazing idea. There is a new model that needs a voice sample of like 5 seconds and gives an almost perfect reproduction. Here is the link to the paper and a link to examples of what this does. I think this is the github repository of the implementation.

Holy crap this is awesome. I hope this reaches the map makers, but otherwise I might just bug them about it anyway.

i am very happy to see the release date! thank you very much for your hard work! playing this game was lots of fun. if you ever make new cards and are for some reason in need of illustrations for them, then let me know.

I forgot to ask: Is there any hope of an offline playability? I have REALLY shitty internet sometimes here.

Edited by shroomion
gemeiner Lauch likes this

21 hours ago, shroomion said:

Here is another idea: Use the upcomung release date to boost your patreon (if that is legal) maybe give every patreon supporter a cosmetic bonus at the release or something.

We are not allowed to give anything in game (this includes cosmetics) as a form of a Patreon reward as we do not own the game, it goes against the law.

Metagross31 likes this

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic