PvE Contest: The Nightmare Shard

Toggy

• 3 weeks later...

@LEBOVIN When you make videos for the next Community Challenge I recommend to talk to the top guys first and ask them what the difficulties were and how they solved them. On a random map like Twilight Shard there are choices made which are not apparent in a single playthrough. As example there's a random change a Twilight Bug heads to the shard at around 1:50. Ignoring the bug will result in a loss if the walls are not defended, that's why two nomades are taking the top route in my playthrough. I think sidenotes like these would add something extra to the replay commentary which already includes sidenotes for the map in general.

I like the videos in general though.

RuneSeeker and gemeiner Lauch like this

I mean the maps are semi random, on my runs to replicate radicalx replay I encounter many times random events that also made it impossible, and I knew it already early in. Given that it is not meant as a guide to Nightmare Shard that works in all cases, but just a showcase of 3 speedrun strategies that worked under their particular circumstances, I dont think it is an issue here, especially cause the twilight bug seems not to always have that effect (in Prits run it reaches the center?!) and also does not always take that route. There are many similar cases, with leeches attacking my orb etc. , ofc I could build air defense towers everywhere if they decide not to fly to the center but then it is kind of a different story. It is then a failproof guide to win u the map, and not a strategy that only works in the best case scenario (if u dont go for the full risk then the speedrun might has room for improvement, sacrificing consistency) all 3 strategies here (and I do stress that in the video) are not recommended to be redone if u expect consistent results.

Nevertheless feel free to provide your thoughts/ guidance next challenge^^

Edited by LEBOVIN

13 hours ago, Mynoduesp said:

@LEBOVIN When you make videos for the next Community Challenge I recommend to talk to the top guys first and ask them what the difficulties were and how they solved them. On a random map like Twilight Shard there are choices made which are not apparent in a single playthrough. As example there's a random change a Twilight Bug heads to the shard at around 1:50. Ignoring the bug will result in a loss if the walls are not defended, that's why two nomades are taking the top route in my playthrough. I think sidenotes like these would add something extra to the replay commentary which already includes sidenotes for the map in general.

I like the videos in general though.

I think Lebo mentioned more than enough details of all the 3 runs that casual players and non-speedruners are able to catch during the video. You can write a seperate guide for your run and upload it here.;) Better be happy that somebody like Lebo invests his time to share and comment replays on a high lvl :hype: No need to recommend him sth. here - the map itself has to much random elements. Thx to Lebo! 

Edited by Pritstift
Metagross31 and gemeiner Lauch like this