Re downloaded the game on my new Laptop, when i log in with my account i have to create a new user

Salamaren

I know the title is long but it says everything. i had to replace my old laptop and now after I redownloaded the game, when i log in with my Account, it wants me to create a new Username, start from scratch all that stuff. Wich is fine, but when i enter the Name I used before, Salamaren the name alredy exists. Is that just an error with the database? I dont mind going with a different username but if its possible to restore the old account then I would very much like to do that ofcourse. I havent been playing for two months and wasnt able to keep up with the game so could that be a problem aswell? Were there some local files I should have tried to save and copy?  

Ofcourse I am aware that the anem could really be used by someone else, buuuut usually thats not the case in whatever place I use it to create an account ^^

Edited by Salamaren

Hello Salamaren,
I have taken a look at the name and it is tied to another account and not this one. Did you forget your password and make a new account at some stage and remembered the login for this account? We have a few options on how we can solve this. Firstly we can either link the in game account to this forum account, or you can use your other forum account to carry on playing on that account with that name or just restart on this one you have now. Please note whichever account you pick to not use we will delete entirely.

Kind Regards,

Kiwi

Ok thank you for the response. In that case I might ahve made this account first, forgot about it and now that i wanted to redownload the game I used this account since thats usually the gaming account/email I use for this. It might also explain why i had to reset the password and couldnt remember the one i used in combination with this email adress. I will try out what I think is my other account. I will give you a heads up if it is indeed my other account.

Yes, I probably forgot that i had this one. I heard about the project in 2017 and then i didnt check on it for a while. I probably just forgot I made this account and then just made a new one when i heard the game was released for stresstesting and open beta.  I tried to answer yesterday after logging in with the other account but the site didnt load for me >.>  

I thank you again for the help and if you want to delete one of the accounts, you can delete this one.  I'm glad this could be resolved so quickly ^^ I apologize for the mix up on my end.

• Kiwi locked this topic