Skylords Marketplace Journal (SMJ)

Maze

5 hours ago, Maze said:

I will update the main post later today to clearify some things.

I updated the main post. Please bare with this current and temporary setup until I can provide better accessibility to you all. Sorry again...

17 hours ago, Loriens said:

It says ingame that there are 175 common cards, while on the site it's only 171.
Is it correct that these lost 4 cards are: promo Snapjaws, promo Swamp Drake, Santa Claus and Easter Egg?

That is correct. I split the promos into their own rarity group, as they sort of have their own rarity when you get them from boosters, an it kind of fits better for the auction website.

But you can just filter for Promos and count the rarity symbols in the corner of the card.

Also, Promo Snapjaws are not yet available on my site, but I will add them at a later date.

Loriens likes this

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the site a little bit and you are now able to see the current lowest buyout price for any card on the cards page (mean/min/max are still missing).

I noticed a lot more QoL annoyances, like:

• the table resetting the price sorting when page/cards per page changes
  • needing to go back a lot of pages when the max display value is adjusted
  • extremely long loading time of the general cards information to be able to filter and sort the cards, even on the card specific page, which doesn't really need the whole data.

I know the cause of all of these, but the time investment to fix these things isn't worth it, as I am rebuilding the site from scratch, as I mentioned before. I hope you can live with all the issues that the site currently has until the new site is finished. :)

Volin and Mynoduesp like this

• extremely long loading time of the general cards information to be able to filter and sort the cards, even on the card specific page, which doesn't really need the whole data.

There was quite the simple solution to this and I managed to decrease the load time of the site by around 15 sec to about 3 sec. It was only a minor adjustment needed, so I should have done that sooner...

Edited by Maze
Volin likes this

Hey Maze,

Here goes my suggestion for SMJ and the Bot - something very useful IMO. Many people are not-so interested in the details of trade or a long time chart, but I see many, many people using SMJ to check if a card is being manipulated right now. So my suggestion is that the site could give manipulation warnings when a card goes 200% (or 300%?) of "mean value of min.". The page could use some simple warning symbols like a traffic light, yellow if a card goes 150% and red if it goes 200%.

The bot might even put automatic warnings as a message for those who are interested. Well thats my 2 cents, no idea how hard it would be to implement, but I would find it very useful and hopefully others too.

Maze likes this

7 minutes ago, Kapo said:

Hey Maze,

Here goes my suggestion for SMJ and the Bot - something very useful IMO. Many people are not-so interested in the details of trade or a long time chart, but I see many, many people using SMJ to check if a card is being manipulated right now. So my suggestion is that the site could give manipulation warnings when a card goes 200% (or 300%?) of "mean value of min.". The page could use some simple warning symbols like a traffic light, yellow if a card goes 150% and red if it goes 200%.

The bot might even put automatic warnings as a message for those who are interested. Well thats my 2 cents, no idea how hard it would be to implement, but I would find it very useful and hopefully others too.

Not a bad suggestion, I thought of adding something similar in the overhauled version, like putting an indicator how the price developed over the last week or so with a simpler short term preview graph from which you could make out price manipulations.

I also recently noticed that calculating the mean values over all prices isn't very usefull, as the Amii Monument steadily increased in price since the game launched and the mean price isn't representative anymore, for example. I will need to overthink the whole price datastructure anyways, so let's see what is possible. :)

Not sure about the bot though, since the bot only sends notifications if your personally set criteria are met. Or where exactly would you put a warning message?

Maybe switch to a mean price in the last month or so.

About the message, this clearly shows I haven’t thought it all the way through. My vision was just a visual clue or warning when big shifts occur.

On a sidenote, a system like that might discourage some traders to manipulate prices too much, because the card (not the trader!) is called out semi-publicly. 

Edit: BTW, a warning mechanic would be a fantastic addition to the "Deals" section too. At the moment manipuleted priced cards show up very likely to be deals.

Edited by Kapo

Exciting news, I bought a domain and verified my account for the current hoster. This means that you don't need to switch between links anymore.

Here is the link to the site: http://www.smj.cards/

Please note, that I haven't bought a SSL Certificate yet, so https://www.smj.cards/ won't work, and the site is marked as not secure, but since it's just a reference to the hosting link, there shouldn't be an issue. If you would rather use a "secure" link, you are still able to use https://smj.herokuapp.com/ which my domain points at.

Edited by Maze

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Kapo said:

Small detail I noticed: Satanael [P] uses the Card Art of Satanael [R]. Tried to clear the browers cash but that didnt help.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:29 AM, Maze said:

Known issues:

• I used the available cardbase dataset as a startingpoint and adjusted it to fit my data structure, this means that some images weren't available so I picked (somewhat) related images, these are:
  1. Easter Egg (Promo) -> Santa Clause (Promo)
  2. Revenant's Blessing [G] -> Revenant's Blessing [R]
  3. Satanael [P] -> Satanael [R]

If you look closer on some cards, the displayed info is no longer correct as the cards have been changed with the first balancing patch .... but to fix that the card base needs new images I suppose.

Edited by LEBOVIN

I think it's preferable to focus on the actual functionality of the site.

It is not supposed to be a cardbase, it's supposed to give data on the AH.

As such, if anything, it needs to be made as "patch proof" as possible. As in, remove any information from the card previews that might likely get changed and isn't necessary.

Meaning: power cost, abilities, damage type and raw stats. Leave the name, rarity, type, orb requirements, edition and affinity. Some of these might get changed anyway but by streamlining the information on the cards the site becomes less prone of becoming out of date by patches. It would be a bunch of work now but less workload in the future.

Or just leave it as is. Again, it's not meant to be a cardbase in the first place so it's not that important if the infos are out of date. Up to Maze which option he can get around to.

Volin likes this

17 hours ago, Kapo said:

And I thought I'm helpful, sorry for wasting your time by not reading closely enough =)

No Problem, I am glad there are still people out there trying to contribute. :)

12 hours ago, Cocofang said:

I think it's preferable to focus on the actual functionality of the site.

It is not supposed to be a cardbase, it's supposed to give data on the AH.

As such, if anything, it needs to be made as "patch proof" as possible. As in, remove any information from the card previews that might likely get changed and isn't necessary.

Meaning: power cost, abilities, damage type and raw stats. Leave the name, rarity, type, orb requirements, edition and affinity. Some of these might get changed anyway but by streamlining the information on the cards the site becomes less prone of becoming out of date by patches. It would be a bunch of work now but less workload in the future.

Or just leave it as is. Again, it's not meant to be a cardbase in the first place so it's not that important if the infos are out of date. Up to Maze which option he can get around to.

Good point. I'll see how I would want to incorperate it. I already did some streamlining of the data, but not to the point where I am satisfied with it.

5 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

He sources the information and images from the cardbase, hence I said the card base needs to be kept updated, then he hasn’t to do anything either :)

I sourced the raw information from the cardbase once, but adjusted it myself, as there were quite a lot of errors. The only reference that I kept is the image link, as I couldn't be bothered to handle the images otherwise.

All of this might change soon, as I plan to invest more time in April into the overhauled website and implement all the new tools that I have learned over last few months, so be patient for a few more months. :)

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2021 at 6:00 PM, Ca7 said:

It would be also nice to know the average booster value sans the promos.

Is now added, I just replaced the average mean value column with it, as I probably won't add the mean values again (in this current version at least).

On 5/25/2021 at 7:12 PM, Metagross31 said:

Just a minor thing: The price for Promo Snapjaws is not yet tracked :)

Is now added and I will add the prices from when they were made tradable at a later date as it is a bit more work. :)

1 hour ago, CrispyChicken said:

no cards/table shown in view "cards -> display as table"

Thanks for pointing that out, forgot to add the Snapjaws Promo in a dataset that the table view uses.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:30 PM, Maze said:

All of this might change soon, as I plan to invest more time in April into the overhauled website and implement all the new tools that I have learned over last few months, so be patient for a few more months. :)

I seem to have overestimated myself there. :( But things have calmed down a little after starting a new job and moving to another location and I think I learned an even better toolset on my job that I can implement in the new version (mainly backend stuff). So I hope to make more progress while applying the things I learn on the job in this new version. :)

And BTW, I usually also post updates regarding the site on my Discord server that also allows you to use my Price Notification Dicord Bot, but you don't need to make use of the bot and can just join for the site updates, which I post a bite more regularly over there than here on the forum: ;)

Metagross31 and Ca7 like this

Hello

I just discover your website and I'm impressed and thankful for your work. I have an idea regarding a temporary mean price ( maybe last 30 days ) that could make a more accurate price of the card, as at the beginning the card prices has bigger volatility as well as boosters has been discounted by extra 100 bfp which clearly have an impact on cards prices. That temporary mean price could be reveal for each card as well as booster evaluation, for example I run a spreadsheet to evaluate nature booster estimated by current price at time was 544 bfp (same as your website) but mean price evaluation was 457 bfp that quit big difference. I think this could help many people to make mind which booster to buy/or not.

Regards

S.Kowza

Maze likes this