Crashing with Latest Update

aclundar

Hi All,

Since I installed the latest update, the game crashes when I start a multiplayer PvE game.  The games works when I launch a single player game, but when trying to play a multiplayer game it crashes when the map loads.  I suspect it has something to do with the patch I downloaded today as it was working in multiplayer last night.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

NAME: Multiplayer Game Crash

DESCRIPTION: Since I installed the latest update, the game crashes when I start a multiplayer PvE game.  The games works when I launch a single player game, but when trying to play a multiplayer game it crashes when the map loads.  I suspect it has something to do with the patch I downloaded today as it was working in multiplayer two nights ago.  

REPRODUCIBILITY: Yes.  The game crashes every time while trying to launch a multiplayer game.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: Sorry....Didn't capture a screen shot

LOG: Attached

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: None

_log_proxy_0.log

_log_proxy_1.log

_log_proxy_2.log

_log_proxy_latest.log

Could you please be more specific about whether this happens to only campaign or rPvE matches? I see in your logs you are using OneDrive and that it is having issues reading the rPvE map generated stored there. OneDrive is known to cause issues.

Edited by Ladadoos

Thanks.  I moved my files off of one drive and moved them local.  That didn't help.  I also uninstalled my C++ version (x86) and installed the version you suggested.  Attached are two screen shots of the error message I get when the game crashes.  I was also able to confirm that campaign matches work, but the rPVE matches always crash.  Let me know if you need more information.

Skylord error 2.PNG

Skylord error.PNG

13 hours ago, Skippydamule said:

I can answer for him, we were playing together. It was a rPVE.

But, it worked the day before on rPVE. It was after the latest patch.

There were no changes in the random map generation. @aclundar Could you please check that your Documents\BattleForge\randommap folder is not read-only? The game needs to be able to write to that folder.

6 hours ago, aclundar said:

I checked.  They were read only.  I change them to full access.  Still having the crashes with rPVE maps.

I guess you can try renaming/deleting the Documents/BattleForge folder, so it generates a new folder when the game starts. Can you please double check that your files are NOT on OneDrive? We did not change anything about this in the last patches, so with most certainty this was not caused by any recent change on our side.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use