Frequent disconnects on unstable internet connection

Dallarian

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zyna changed the title to Frequent disconnects on unstable internet connection
  • 1 month later...

My game froze twice today and wouldn't resume after that.

The first time it happened I checked my internet and noticed it was down.

However when my internet resumed after a few seconds my single player campaign game remain frozen.

My second game was 1v1 ranked game.

After the game froze, I was still able to communicate with my opponent via in-game texting and his game didn't freeze.

My conclusion is - that once Internet is lost and regained the game remains frozen and unable to resume gameplay.

This is NOT how it used to be.

During Beta testing my game froze here and there but it always resumed within a few seconds and sometimes even after a whole minute.

Testing this issue should be easy.

Simply start playing, then disconnect the internet cable, then plug it back in and see if the game resumes. 

Edited by macabi

• macabi changed the title to Game Freezing and Remains Frozen
12 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Game should not resume as there is no reconnect feature, game resuming before was when internet would still be plugged in but it freezes I think

Actually, I can confirm that in the past when I lost my Internet for a few seconds the game froze and then resumed.

Also, how is it I was able to communicate with my opponent while the game was frozen if it wasn't for the game to be able to re-connect?

Edited by macabi

We never had a reconnect feature. We have game and forge servers, and you likely lost connection to the game server which meant your game froze. You were still connected to the forge server (which handles for example chats), which means you were able to still chat.

7 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

We never had a reconnect feature. We have game and forge servers, and you likely lost connection to the game server which meant your game froze. You were still connected to the forge server (which handles for example chats), which means you were able to still chat.

Would it be possible to add a re-connect feature?

Internet connections sometimes go in and out fast, and it would be a shame to lose some daily awards after 30 minutes of gameplay just because Internet connect was lost for a few seconds.

• 1 month later...

I was in the middle of a match when everything just stopped, the game wasn't frozen but everything stopped moving, it's as if the mission was frozen, I thought I maybe lost internet but chat seemed to be working fine(though I don't think anyone could see my messages) and I also couldn't leave the match, if I click leave match and then ok nothing would happen, only option was to close the game, I don't know what would cause this.

Went into a match after restarting the game but only for 5 minutes and it was working, I didn't want to try longer as having to quit the game when I only needed like 20 seconds to finish the mission really bummed me out.

_log_proxy_latest.log