Refresh button

PrincessKenny

:thinking: how often you want to click it?

Does it refresh too fast for your internet connection? (for me this one, because it is hard to see anything between these spamy refreshes)

Or do you want to click it every second?

13 hours ago, Belormoroth said:

Please?

Untitled.png

While the world map is open it refreshes every 10 seconds right now. I don't think a refresh button is necessary. I understand your frustration though, so I added a refresh each time you open the world map.

As an alternative to the worldmap, I personally would like one lobby overview list where you could see all open game lobbies at once (that also refreshes each x seconds). Preferably with filters for difficulty, amount of players and an option to exclude specific maps.

This would really help when you want to find an open lobby for any map on expert difficulty for example.

PrincessKenny likes this

On 8/24/2020 at 9:10 PM, MephistoRoss said:

As an alternative to the worldmap, I personally would like one lobby overview list where you could see all open game lobbies at once (that also refreshes each x seconds). Preferably with filters for difficulty, amount of players and an option to exclude specific maps.

This would really help when you want to find an open lobby for any map on expert difficulty for example.

I agree. This map is confusing anyway and far away from story campaign shows. Simple list or table of maps sorted by number of players would be more useful.

Edit: What do You think about something like this:

Maps1.jpg

or this:

Maps2.jpg

Edited by Belormoroth

4 hours ago, Belormoroth said:

Maps1.jpg

Unlike what Kubik claims, adding the feature like how it is depicted by this image is quite easy.

MephistoRoss suggested this a while back too, we just haven't really looked at it (because of having other priorities). I also don't necessarily see a reason why not to add it at some point. 

PrincessKenny likes this

6 hours ago, Belormoroth said:

Maps2.jpg

I'd like this too, but here are my additions:

- Dropdowns for specific maps (for more than 1 open lobby) to prevent unnecessary clutter
- A searchbar (for mapnames like MephistoRoss mentioned)
- A difficulty filter (like MephistoRoss mentioned)
- PvP in seperate tabs
- Add the community maps section (with again a dropdowns per map) below the "official" maps 

Additionaly I would not replace the worldmap and keep it as the default tab. As clunky as it is, it's just Battleforge in a nutshell.

Maybe this can be done when adding additional "official" maps becomes a thing. I'm looking forward to it :D

Edited by Mynoduesp
PrincessKenny likes this

1 hour ago, Mynoduesp said:

I'd like this too, but here are my additions:

- Dropdowns for specific maps (for more than 1 open lobby) to prevent unnecessary clutter
- A searchbar (for mapnames like MephistoRoss mentioned)
- A difficulty filter (like MephistoRoss mentioned)
- PvP in seperate tabs
- Add the community maps section (with again a dropdowns per map) below the "official" maps 

Additionaly I would not replace the worldmap and keep it as the default tab. As clunky as it is, it's just Battleforge in a nutshell.

That's the point. Idea that can pretty grow with aditional ideas :3

But world map would be just unnesesery and leaving it will (in my opinion) double requests to server so make problems. Maybe it won't i have no idea :P

Also missing tabs and things: i have made these jpgs simple and quick just to visualize it ;]

oh EA was not that much stupid :D the worldmap spam the server only when actually open, so having another window with list would not cause any issue with this. And server can handle much more than few 1000s requests anyway :)