Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Jump to content
BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Tamashii

Booster Cards

Recommended Posts

What do you think if booster cards are in a way like this?

A mixture of all 5 elements

Individual element (So you can choose 1 of the 5)

Rarity pack (Certified one or more rare)

...etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So your suggestion is that there are 4 different packs (Nature/Fire/Frost/Shadow) that you can buy? And booster packs wich only certain rarity ? So like an uncommon booster with only uncommon, common with only common etc.. ?

I don't really understand your suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yea it's kinda difficult to explain.

So the first one is basically a random pack.

The second one is a certain element which can be bought.

The third one is a certified pack that each card should have it's rarity. (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare, Promo...) In which, there is a 100% chance to obtain a rare card or higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote='Tamashii' pid='4853' dateline='1436871070']
Yea it's kinda difficult to explain.

So the first one is basically a random pack.

The second one is a certain element which can be bought.

The third one is a certified pack that each card should have it's rarity. (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare, Promo...) In which, there is a 100% chance to obtain a rare card or higher.
[/quote]

i normal booster u always have a 100% chance for a rare card?! If u are lucky ultra rare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote='Groping' pid='4854' dateline='1436871146']
[quote='Tamashii' pid='4853' dateline='1436871070']
Yea it's kinda difficult to explain.

So the first one is basically a random pack.

The second one is a certain element which can be bought.

The third one is a certified pack that each card should have it's rarity. (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Super Rare, Promo...) In which, there is a 100% chance to obtain a rare card or higher.
[/quote]

i normal booster u always have a 100% chance for a rare card?! If u are lucky ultra rare
[/quote]

Ratios for now are :
1st card - 1/5 u get ultra rare and if not ultra rare its rare
2nd card - you have 1/5 chance to get rare and if its not rare its uncommon
3rd card - uncommon
rest is common

As Dexirian said - Its a subject to change and is not written in stone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.
[hr]
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.
[hr]
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote='Ultrakool' pid='5055' dateline='1436880795']
I agree, we should rethink boosters to have the option to choose the edition we want.
[/quote]

I do agree with this because honestly I am going to want my first era cards asap then the other editions. Cards like the harvester is why i play lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote='Tamashii' pid='4837' dateline='1436870233']
What do you think if booster cards are in a way like this?

A mixture of all 5 elements

Individual element (So you can choose 1 of the 5)

Rarity pack (Certified one or more rare)

...etc
[/quote]

I like the Element pack, that would be a great idea for creating certain decks and could save some BFP, even though they could be a bit more expensive since the choice of cards is smaller due to the color match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote='Tamashii' pid='4866' dateline='1436871671']
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.
[hr]
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.
[hr]
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.
[/quote]

Pack should always contain at least 1 rare card, since that card will determinate booster cost. Would you like to spend 250BFP to get 1 uncommon and 7 commons? I would rather buy 250x 1BFP boosters to get 249 commons and 1 uncommon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[quote='Aazrl' pid='6108' dateline='1437033278']
[quote='Tamashii' pid='4866' dateline='1436871671']
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.
[hr]
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.
[hr]
Well, I assume a normal pack won't be a 100% rare card... but should be a 100% of getting at least one uncommon and or higher rarity.
[/quote]

Pack should always contain at least 1 rare card, since that card will determinate booster cost. Would you like to spend 250BFP to get 1 uncommon and 7 commons? I would rather buy 250x 1BFP boosters to get 249 commons and 1 uncommon....
[/quote]

actually on average you will get 1 rare card ( 80% chance on first card & 20% chance on second card)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The way it is now really isn't that bad. I like the idea of having specific color packs which would really help in the beginning. But the ratio's of getting ultra's and rares seems good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not so sure about colour specific boosters. It does help a lot in creating a deck faster, but random cards force you into thinking out of the box with the things you get, unless you have a lot of luck and get a lot from 1 faction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Way boosters are right now, is 1 booster containing cards from all editions, considering the twilight edition provided a better base, I'm pretty skeptical about collection rate from buying boosters in terms of getting what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Battleforge did have boosters for each fraction (Frost/Fire/Shadow/Nature) But AFAIK they were more expensive than normal boosters.
I did not buy one so i dont know how well they did for that one fraction, or if they had random other cards as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just one booster with every card in it is the best option imo. This way you have to be creative with your cards you get. Besides what about two-colour-cards? You can't move them in both of the colours boosters cause that would cause them to be more common than others. And in a seperate booster isn't a good idea either because they would be more rar than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if someone would like to establish specific deck it would be very hard such as pure fire or pure shadow it would take him very long time , I would suggest precise booster for each faction to expedite the process and let everyone enjoy the game .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.