We're Releasing Q4!

MrXLink

5 hours ago, Mynoduesp said:

It does matter. Do you remember old BF with preorder promos? Do you rememver how fucked the market back then was? 

Yes, I remember.

Promos were very expensive costing thousands and even 10,000+.

More or less like today, but today they are cheaper because you can get them in boosters.

Other than that, I didn't see any issues with the market. 

On 8/10/2020 at 12:19 AM, MrXLink said:

final reset

What's the goal in reseting our accounts?

If you don't implement any new content worth playing, it will just frustrate players who have reached the point of having a decent card base to have fun playing with, and building decks... If you want to fight against reselling abuse in the shop, you won't be successfull. Once those abusers have a bit BFP farmed after a week or 2, you have your problem back again.

Good to know its the "last time" the accouns will be reset, but i reached everything in the game and still have fun playing arround with diffrent decks.... How do you intent to keep players like me, who will just get frustrated of losing everything (Ranks + Cards) and getting nothing in advance? I'm not sure if i want to play months again to get a decent card base back again, to build up fun decks without any big changes to the game (e.g. new campain, new big card base, new PvE maps, higher rPvE player number, ...).

Anyway. Thx for all the work you've done so far.

Pritstift likes this

59 minutes ago, GevatterTODdy said:

Good to know its the "last time" the accouns will be reset, but i reached everything in the game and still have fun playing arround with diffrent decks.... How do you intent to keep players like me, who will just get frustrated of losing everything (Ranks + Cards) and getting nothing in advance? I'm not sure if i want to play months again to get a decent card base back again, to build up fun decks without any big changes to the game (e.g. new campain, new big card base, new PvE maps, higher rPvE player number, ...).

We have always made it clear that we are in a testing phase and that there would be definitely one reset on release. We also told people to not play if you would be disappointed or frustrated if you lose progress. At the end it was your decision to still play the game, so there is not much we can do about your situtation. That being said, there will be card balance changes (like there are now) and new cards (mostly for existing PvE units) probably not too long after the release. There will also be more community challenges, and possibly maps if we can find someone willing to properly learn map making and helping the project out officially.

Totylcf, Mynoduesp and Zyna like this

On 9/2/2020 at 11:21 PM, GevatterTODdy said:

What's the goal in reseting our accounts?

If you don't implement any new content worth playing, it will just frustrate players who have reached the point of having a decent card base to have fun playing with, and building decks... If you want to fight against reselling abuse in the shop, you won't be successfull. Once those abusers have a bit BFP farmed after a week or 2, you have your problem back again.

Anyway. Thx for all the work you've done so far.

Well, most importantly because they decided on that a long time ago and people are expecting it to happen. It was public knowledge, I am actually surprised some people committed to this beta version unaware. You can't just flip flop on big things like that, you have to show integrity with your announcements.

It's supposed to be a fresh, new start for everyone equally. Signifying the end of testing and an actual re-release of the game.

Personally I think that the economy is doomed either way because the community will be small and a handful of market manipulators can easily corner certain sectors. It has been done in much more complex games with much larger playerbases. However the changes to charges will probably shake up the value of non-single charge cards. Also the new BFP system might be able to nudge the market a bit. We will see.

Either way, that a final reset was going to happen was decided years ago and the decision stood firm. It's pretty normal that once a beta is over everything gets wiped for the big release so people can get into the release-version on equal footing progress wise.

20 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

Personally I think that the economy is doomed either way because the community will be small and a handful of market manipulators can easily corner certain sectors.

We will likely incrementally make some changes to alleviate (but likely not completely get rid) of market manipulators. A likely first step will be to add information about the prices of cards ingame, so people can decide whether or not to buy the card.

What do you mean by that?

Strictly speaking there is no real price for cards unless you sell them directly in an official capacity and therefore set a limit to its market value. There is the relative rarity of a card compared to other cards and there is supply and demand. Also its usefulness.

What are "prices of cards"? The average price over the last 30 days? Median? A graph? Something like this?

59 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

What are "prices of cards"? The average price over the last 30 days? Median? A graph? Something like this?

I kept it purposely vague because what exactly we are doing is not decided yet. The point being, the players will have some information about the pricing of a card, enough to tell whether or not a card is worth to buy or not.

Totylcf likes this

9 hours ago, Phased said:

I suggest a BFP cap of 10k and max 5x of each chargeable card, this way you can receive cards from boosters even though you have 4, and you cannot hoard anything, anyway, what's the point of accumulating wealth after getting all cards .. ?

you wanna say, at one day in future i have like all cards 5 times, and than i send 4 enlightments to my friend, or sell them, because i know i will get enlightment in the next boosters cuz its the only card i dont have 5 times? Sounds stupid

1 hour ago, letsplaytrib00n said:

you wanna say, at one day in future i have like all cards 5 times, and than i send 4 enlightments to my friend, or sell them, because i know i will get enlightment in the next boosters cuz its the only card i dont have 5 times? Sounds stupid 

That pretty nailed it

On 9/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, Ladadoos said:

We will likely incrementally make some changes to alleviate (but likely not completely get rid) of market manipulators. A likely first step will be to add information about the prices of cards ingame, so people can decide whether or not to buy the card.

You can introduce a new quest that offers 75 BFP for selling 25 cards in the AH.

This will encourage many more players to put their cards for sale, as well as try selling their cards at a reasonable price.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:44 PM, Ladadoos said:

I would do it so that you can buy a maximum of 4 cards from one card in the auction house. (you only need 4 for max uprade). The cards from the booster can stack, but if you already have 3 shamans, for example, you can only buy 1 and if you have 4 or more, you cannot buy any more at the auction house. That means even if you have 4 pieces and put them in the AH, you cannot buy 4 new ones directly, but only when they are sold. 

You also have to set a limit on the number of cards that can be sent, if one already has 4, another cannot send him cards of the same type. thus that is also taken out. If he only had 3 cards he would get 1 sent to him. Not more because you just don't need them.

translated by Google

9 hours ago, macabi said:

You can introduce a new quest that offers 75 BFP for selling 25 cards in the AH.

This will encourage many more players to put their cards for sale, as well as try selling their cards at a reasonable price.

A daily quest based on selling cards will not be added. Anyone who has a tight inventory with only cards they use will be forced to sell cards purely for this quest, which sounds like a horrible idea to me. And no, simply rerolling that quest should not be the solution to this problem.

5 hours ago, S4litos said:

I would do it so that you can buy a maximum of 4 cards from one card in the auction house. (you only need 4 for max uprade). The cards from the booster can stack, but if you already have 3 shamans, for example, you can only buy 1 and if you have 4 or more, you cannot buy any more at the auction house. That means even if you have 4 pieces and put them in the AH, you cannot buy 4 new ones directly, but only when they are sold. 

You also have to set a limit on the number of cards that can be sent, if one already has 4, another cannot send him cards of the same type. thus that is also taken out. If he only had 3 cards he would get 1 sent to him. Not more because you just don't need them.

I personally don't like the idea of having so many different limits everywhere (limit on number of cards owned, limit on number of cards sent etc.). I would much rather change the marketplace to alleviate this problem.

20 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

I Personally don't like the idea of having so many different limits everywhere (limit on number of cards owned, limit on number of cards sent etc.). I would much rather change the marketplace to alleviate this problem.

I mean not no limit the number of cards owned. You can have 4+ cards, but you can not buy them on the market when you have already 4. You can still stack them from the booster. You don't need more, and the only reason to want to buy more would be to drive up the price. We want to deprive the price drivers of every possibility.

You can also send as many cards as you want, just not more than 4 cards minus the number of one type that he already has. 

If person A wants to send 4 Shaman cards and 4 Windweavers to person B. Person B already has 1 Shaman and 3 Windweavers. Could person A only send 3 Shamans and 1 Windweaver to person B. This also includes all the cards in the mailbox so that several letters are not simply sent.

• Ladadoos changed the title to We're Releasing Q4 https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/6862-were-releasing-q4-2020/2020!
  • Ladadoos changed the title to We're Releasing Q4!
  • Zyna unpinned this topic