Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Jump to content
BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
MrXLink

We're Releasing Q4 2020!

Recommended Posts

if they do 

On 8/26/2020 at 1:56 AM, macabi said:

Bummer. :thinking:

During Battleforge days promos were given as rewards.

So How about one promo to  all those players who helped with Beta testing all this time?

 

if they do, i hope the card isnt tradeable!

Waiting for the release, lets go :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, letsplaytrib00n said:

if they do 

if they do, i hope the card isnt tradeable!

Waiting for the release, lets go :D

Why not?

It shouldn't matter if it is tradable.

Edited by macabi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, macabi said:

Why not?

It shouldn't matter if it is tradable.

It does matter. Do you remember old BF with preorder promos? Do you rememver how fucked the market back then was? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mynoduesp said:

It does matter. Do you remember old BF with preorder promos? Do you rememver how fucked the market back then was? 

Yes, I remember.

Promos were very expensive costing thousands and even 10,000+.

More or less like today, but today they are cheaper because you can get them in boosters.

Other than that, I didn't see any issues with the market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 12:19 AM, MrXLink said:

final reset

 

What's the goal in reseting our accounts?

If you don't implement any new content worth playing, it will just frustrate players who have reached the point of having a decent card base to have fun playing with, and building decks... If you want to fight against reselling abuse in the shop, you won't be successfull. Once those abusers have a bit BFP farmed after a week or 2, you have your problem back again.

 

Good to know its the "last time" the accouns will be reset, but i reached everything in the game and still have fun playing arround with diffrent decks.... How do you intent to keep players like me, who will just get frustrated of losing everything (Ranks + Cards) and getting nothing in advance? I'm not sure if i want to play months again to get a decent card base back again, to build up fun decks without any big changes to the game (e.g. new campain, new big card base, new PvE maps, higher rPvE player number, ...).

 

Anyway. Thx for all the work you've done so far.

Pritstift likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GevatterTODdy said:

Good to know its the "last time" the accouns will be reset, but i reached everything in the game and still have fun playing arround with diffrent decks.... How do you intent to keep players like me, who will just get frustrated of losing everything (Ranks + Cards) and getting nothing in advance? I'm not sure if i want to play months again to get a decent card base back again, to build up fun decks without any big changes to the game (e.g. new campain, new big card base, new PvE maps, higher rPvE player number, ...).

We have always made it clear that we are in a testing phase and that there would be definitely one reset on release. We also told people to not play if you would be disappointed or frustrated if you lose progress. At the end it was your decision to still play the game, so there is not much we can do about your situtation. That being said, there will be card balance changes (like there are now) and new cards (mostly for existing PvE units) probably not too long after the release. There will also be more community challenges, and possibly maps if we can find someone willing to properly learn map making and helping the project out officially.

Mynoduesp, Totylcf and Zyna like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

There will also be more community challenges, and possibly maps if we can find someone willing to properly learn map making and helping the project out officially.

😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I cant believe its finally happening. I totally wish I could have stayed up to date but my computer took a massive dump! >.<

 

GOOD JOB EVEYONE!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2020 at 11:21 PM, GevatterTODdy said:

What's the goal in reseting our accounts?

If you don't implement any new content worth playing, it will just frustrate players who have reached the point of having a decent card base to have fun playing with, and building decks... If you want to fight against reselling abuse in the shop, you won't be successfull. Once those abusers have a bit BFP farmed after a week or 2, you have your problem back again.

Good to know its the "last time" the accouns will be reset, but i reached everything in the game and still have fun playing arround with diffrent decks.... How do you intent to keep players like me, who will just get frustrated of losing everything (Ranks + Cards) and getting nothing in advance? I'm not sure if i want to play months again to get a decent card base back again, to build up fun decks without any big changes to the game (e.g. new campain, new big card base, new PvE maps, higher rPvE player number, ...).

Anyway. Thx for all the work you've done so far.

Well, most importantly because they decided on that a long time ago and people are expecting it to happen. It was public knowledge, I am actually surprised some people committed to this beta version unaware. You can't just flip flop on big things like that, you have to show integrity with your announcements.

It's supposed to be a fresh, new start for everyone equally. Signifying the end of testing and an actual re-release of the game.

Personally I think that the economy is doomed either way because the community will be small and a handful of market manipulators can easily corner certain sectors. It has been done in much more complex games with much larger playerbases. However the changes to charges will probably shake up the value of non-single charge cards. Also the new BFP system might be able to nudge the market a bit. We will see.

Either way, that a final reset was going to happen was decided years ago and the decision stood firm. It's pretty normal that once a beta is over everything gets wiped for the big release so people can get into the release-version on equal footing progress wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

Personally I think that the economy is doomed either way because the community will be small and a handful of market manipulators can easily corner certain sectors.

We will likely incrementally make some changes to alleviate (but likely not completely get rid) of market manipulators. A likely first step will be to add information about the prices of cards ingame, so people can decide whether or not to buy the card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by that?

Strictly speaking there is no real price for cards unless you sell them directly in an official capacity and therefore set a limit to its market value. There is the relative rarity of a card compared to other cards and there is supply and demand. Also its usefulness.

What are "prices of cards"? The average price over the last 30 days? Median? A graph? Something like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

What are "prices of cards"? The average price over the last 30 days? Median? A graph? Something like this?

I kept it purposely vague because what exactly we are doing is not decided yet. The point being, the players will have some information about the pricing of a card, enough to tell whether or not a card is worth to buy or not.

Totylcf likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest a BFP cap of 10k and max 5x of each chargeable card, this way you can receive cards from boosters even though you have 4, and you cannot hoard anything, anyway, what's the point of accumulating wealth after getting all cards .. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Phased said:

I suggest a BFP cap of 10k and max 5x of each chargeable card, this way you can receive cards from boosters even though you have 4, and you cannot hoard anything, anyway, what's the point of accumulating wealth after getting all cards .. ?

you wanna say, at one day in future i have like all cards 5 times, and than i send 4 enlightments to my friend, or sell them, because i know i will get enlightment in the next boosters cuz its the only card i dont have 5 times? Sounds stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There already are people that have all cards fully upgraded with maximum charges, and still have lot of cards too man times, they have no use for these cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, letsplaytrib00n said:

you wanna say, at one day in future i have like all cards 5 times, and than i send 4 enlightments to my friend, or sell them, because i know i will get enlightment in the next boosters cuz its the only card i dont have 5 times? Sounds stupid 

That pretty nailed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.