We're Releasing Q4!

MrXLink

:thinking: so if you already have card you would like to buy for someone you would need to remove the upgrades from it to be able to send it, and then find out they are no longer in action and you need to ask the person you send them to to send them back because you can not buy new one? :D

3 minutes ago, Kubik said:

:thinking: so if you already have card you would like to buy for someone you would need to remove the upgrades from it to be able to send it, and then find out they are no longer in action and you need to ask the person you send them to to send them back because you can not buy new one? :D

Why can't the person buy himself? Why should you buy for other people? You can also just send them the BfP and that's it.

1 hour ago, S4litos said:

I mean not no limit the number of cards owned.

I understood what you mean, and in my opinion it is unnecessarily complex and I can also see players finding it to be confusing. And to some degree you are adding a limit to the number of cards owned, since you can't have more than 4+ of each by just trading. 

So I still prefer to change the marketplace (add any limits there) than to add limits to your inventory. But feel free to maybe start a "how to decrease players buying all cards and selling expensive on marketplace" suggestion thread.

You will get that under control;)

I think it's good that the release is soon there you can see how far the game has come. And I think it's good that there is a reset. I would also reset the speedrun times. Noone wants the old speedrun times where they did use bugs. Speedrun without buguse is what i like. 

16 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

So I still prefer to change the marketplace (add any limits there)

Why not just a maximum of 2 per card type im AH? 

On 9/15/2020 at 7:21 PM, Cocofang said:

Well, most importantly because they decided on that a long time ago and people are expecting it to happen. It was public knowledge, I am actually surprised some people committed to this beta version unaware. You can't just flip flop on big things like that, you have to show integrity with your announcements.

It's supposed to be a fresh, new start for everyone equally. Signifying the end of testing and an actual re-release of the game.

Personally I think that the economy is doomed either way because the community will be small and a handful of market manipulators can easily corner certain sectors. It has been done in much more complex games with much larger playerbases. However the changes to charges will probably shake up the value of non-single charge cards. Also the new BFP system might be able to nudge the market a bit. We will see.

Either way, that a final reset was going to happen was decided years ago and the decision stood firm. It's pretty normal that once a beta is over everything gets wiped for the big release so people can get into the release-version on equal footing progress wise.

I am a bit disapointed with your reasons. Let me explain: As i heard of Battleforge Reborn i was excited.
Because i thought if this is a huge success in playernumbers EA or another company
would take a second look and make a battleforge 2.

What you are basicly saying is that the only reason for a reset is that you announced it years before.
There are no technical reasons.

Please remind yourself:
By starting a wipe you are reducing the playerbase even more. There will be less player playing. Why ?

On the programming level this project is a huge success, but it fails on the player count.
To get many players playing doesn't seem to be a goal for the Battleforge Reborn Project.

I am more and more afraid that this project will be a grave stone for this genre.
Because any CEO who decides to make a new game and takes a look and have this question in his head: 
If Battleforge for free can't be success, how can a battleforge 2 for money be one ?

And thats just sad. But thx for your effort.

Edited by Hans275

3 hours ago, S4litos said:

Why not just a maximum of 2 per card type im AH? 

I have not put much thought into what solutions exactly yet. This will come up in the future though.

3 minutes ago, Hans275 said:

To get many players playing doesn't seem to be a goal for the Battleforge Reborn Project.

It is not a goal as of now because the game has not released yet. We have mentioned numerous times that once we release, we will actively try to promote the game. Whether this will or will not bring players is left to be seen.

2 hours ago, Hans275 said:

Please remind yourself:
By starting a wipe you are reducing the playerbase even more. There will be less player playing. Why ?

the problem with not doing a wipe is that currently it is in a kind of beta version(to get everything back up and running again), so any bugs and the like found and/or exploited will be wiped out before the final wipe but if they dont do the final wipe then some people are going to get a massive advantage from bugs and the like they found durring this period(finding them to get them removed)

16 hours ago, Hans275 said:

I am a bit disapointed with your reasons. Let me explain: As i heard of Battleforge Reborn i was excited.
Because i thought if this is a huge success in playernumbers EA or another company

What you are basicly saying is that the only reason for a reset is that you announced it years before.

Please remind yourself:

On the programming level this project is a huge success, but it fails on the player count.

I am more and more afraid that this project will be a grave stone for this genre.
Because any CEO who decides to make a new game and takes a look and have this question in his head: 
If Battleforge for free can't be success, how can a battleforge 2 for money be one ?

Lots of claims, none of facts.

There are technical reasons for the reset, which have been discussed internally and externally since the start of the OST 2 years ago. Don't jump to conclussions about something you have no clue about.

Can you supply your statement that the reset will result in even less players? Cause I'm aware of few 100k+ YouTubers that are just waiting for the release to happen to start playing. Now imagine how much players they could bring. I'm also aware of certain Polish and Russian communities, each with few thousand members out of which maybe a few hundred plays while rest waits for release.

To get many players playing doesn't seem to be a goal for our project? Lol what? Bold statement, won't even try to give a proper response.

Grave store for this genre? Lmfao, yea, we did that, not EA and other Triple-A greedy companies. A simple community revival was the nail in the coffin.

Lots of nonesense in your post, but hey - this is the Internet, right?

Edited by fiki574

11 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

Lots of claims, none of facts.

There are technical reasons for the reset, which have been discussed internally and externally since the start of the OST 2 years ago. Don't jump to conclussions about something you have no clue about.

Can you supply your statement that the reset will result in even less players? Cause I'm aware of few 100k+ YouTubers that are just waiting for the release to happen to start playing. Now imagine how much players they could bring. I'm also aware of certain Polish and Russian communities, each with few thousand members out of which maybe a few hundred plays while rest waits for release.

To get many players playing doesn't seem to be a goal for our project? Lol what? Bold statement, won't even try to give a proper response.

Grave store for this genre? Lmfao, yea, we did that, not EA and other Triple-A greedy companies. A simple community revival was the nail in the coffin.

Lots of nonesense in your post, but hey - this is the Internet, right?

Wow, so thousands of players will join after the reset, that you are sure of? How will the servers cope with that?

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
multiple typos... : /

5 hours ago, Ponni said:

Wow, so thousands of players will join after the reset, that you are sure of? How will the servers cope with that?

// Ponni

I'm sure for at least a couple hundred. Few thousand is a best case scenario.

We hope all will go well and are prepared if it doesn't, but only time will tell, it's hard to give a prediction on that since the most concurrent players were around 200ish number.

1 hour ago, fiki574 said:

I'm sure for at least a couple hundred. Few thousand is a best case scenario.

We hope all will go well and are prepared if it doesn't, but only time will tell, it's hard to give a prediction on that since the most concurrent players were around 200ish number.

Well then i hope you don't blew it.

fiki574 likes this

I believe fiki is right that many people don't play because they wait for the reset to happen. Maybe enough to cause a problem if they all want to play after the reset, maybe not. I've seen triple A games having problems with a big spike after a big patch or release... so even if it causes problems the first days or weeks after the big reset i wouldn't think bad about it. Spikes go, people adjust, and the devs have proven to be able to adjust. I'll be waiting to find out :)

On the other hand... the devs said many times before it's not to make money. If few people or thousands play or millions is not the point. It's nice to have a big community for better matchmaking. But to be able to play it properly not bugy is the main point. Not to make money or impress a CEO of a company or making the game one of the most played or famous games. Every single one being able to play this is a sucess. It doesn't need big numbers. It ain't a press many like buttons project. Why is anyone focused on big numbers anyway these days? Get the feeling we loose sight of what's important, the inside, but that a big topic going outside this topic XD

Anyway this project is a huge sucess anyway. The few times i played it, it was more stable than the original game and that is above being a simple revival. Great work and my deepest respect... or a billion inflation likes worth for you guys if that's how you roll :P

fiki574 and VolvoxGlobator like this

On 9/27/2020 at 5:37 PM, Hans275 said:

Please remind yourself:

If "the integrity of the dev team depends on whether or not they are true to their word" alone isn't enough reason for you, I don't know. Building trust is of the utmost importance of fostering a positive long term relationship between players and devs.

Besides, this game is already, factually dead. This is a pretty surprising revival that somehow got an "OK, whatever, just don't monetize it" from EA. You are talking about the studio that killed Dead Space out of sheer greed and incompetence because earning loads of money from a niche market wasn't enough. It had to be ALL the money from EVERYONE. So don't worry. This project here changes absolutely nothing about anything as far as big publishers are concerned.

But hey, since the entire model is based entirely on what essentially is a lootbox, maybe we will see these type of games again. Depends on how greedy a publisher gets and how far they think they can push it. Then again, lootboxes are a naughty word these days after EAs Star Wars debacle. Slimy publishers even try to score good-boy points by proudly proclaiming that their game has none (even if it's monetized out the ass in other ways).

Also, I can build up the argument from exactly the opposite angle as well: A fresh start encourages people to join and play because it gives an even playing field and nobody has literal years on anybody else. And as korsbaek said, it won't be unfair towards new players that missed potential "exploit early, exploit hard" scenarios in the unfinished, wonky version of the game. I am sure during the years of development there were some quite profitable exploits that are now fixed.

Edited by Cocofang
fiki574 likes this

Wow I can't believe you guys actually did it...Congrats!!! This was my favorite RTS and you guys brought it back....amazing!

I am curious if there will be a way to earn the promo cards after launch.

I'm glad I read this thread. I was about to go nuts and then saw a reset was coming...:P . I wasn't surprised though, this is a beta after all.

Thanks again.

Edited by Tigorus

Currently i barely have time to play (And i don't think it gets any better), but as soon as the game is released im jumping back in and try to keep up and catch up to the pvp players. Hopefully it will be a fair grinding system for players who rarely play, I usually only have time on the weekends now.

Have a great day, soon we see us in the Forge :).

20 minutes ago, ImperatorSK said:

Currently i barely have time to play (And i don't think it gets any better), but as soon as the game is released im jumping back in and try to keep up and catch up to the pvp players. Hopefully it will be a fair grinding system for players who rarely play, I usually only have time on the weekends now.

Have a great day, soon we see us in the Forge :).

With the new composed level 120 PvP decks there will be no grind required in order to play PvP :)!

6 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

You can earn promos from boosters. They currently have a 0.5% to drop from the top-left card in a booster.

Nice, so anyone can earn. 

Personally I'm going to keep playing so I have a plan of attack at launch. I remember (kind of) what cards were good but not why lol.

Are you guys planning on selling card packs and BP for real money or just keeping it earnable through in game means only?

2 hours ago, Tigorus said:

Are you guys planning on selling card packs and BP for real money or just keeping it earnable through in game means only?

Earning real money is a little trickier than usual. It will very likely never have any ingame transactions.

56 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Earning real money is a little trickier than usual. It will very likely never have any ingame transactions.

Ah o.k. Hmmmm Are there going to be means to earn BF faster after launch? Right now it feels like you can earn enough BF to buy a pack with like 2 hours of play with daily bonus but your next 2 hours of the same day would offer about a third of that. I know I'm trying to catch up to what I had from o.g. version a.s.a.p. but right now roughly a pack a day or so seems punishingly slow. Are there other ways to earn BF now (or planned) that will help with this?

Just now, Tigorus said:

Ah o.k. Hmmmm Are there going to be means to earn BF faster after launch? Right now it feels like you can earn enough BF to buy a pack with like 2 hours of play with daily bonus but your next 2 hours of the same day would offer about a third of that. I know I'm trying to catch up to what I had from o.g. version a.s.a.p. but right now roughly a pack a day or so seems punishingly slow. Are there other ways to earn BF now (or planned) that will help with this?

Theoretically speaking, you can get a booster after 45 minutes of gameplay + 2 quests. Depending on how strategic/lucky you are, you can complete this in less than one hour for sure. Besides achievements that help the progress in the beginning (and throughout your progression), we are not necessarily planning on handing out multiple boosters a day, no.

Oh yeah I can totally work with that. I just remember buying a bunch of BFP back in the day to have a nice pool of cards to sell or trade to get me the cards I needed. This still works just at a slower pace. I'm just happy to be playing a game I loved and thought I'd never play again, so thanks for that!!! 

On a somewhat related note, I have an achievement last night that was at 4-5 progression that simply wanted me to do one more quest to receive a pack that changed this morning after the patch to have the same requirements of 5 quests (and was still 4-5) but now only offers 12 BP...is that intended?

6 minutes ago, Tigorus said:

On a somewhat related note, I have an achievement last night that was at 4-5 progression that simply wanted me to do one more quest to receive a pack that changed this morning after the patch to have the same requirements of 5 quests (and was still 4-5) but now only offers 12 BP...is that intended?

Yes, this is intended. It may seem like a big reduction, but this is only one part of the formula. We will be adding many more quests and achievements soon, this achievement was already "balanced" with the still-to-add achievements in mind. So if you think it suddenly rewards less, I encourage you to wait for our quests/achievements update.

• Ladadoos changed the title to We're Releasing Q4 https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/6862-were-releasing-q4-2020/2020!
  • Ladadoos changed the title to We're Releasing Q4!
  • Zyna unpinned this topic