OP Card(s)

ChimBlade

[quote='Navarr' pid='4824' dateline='1436867879']
No card will be removed from the game. We can talk about how to fix certain cards which are too strong in any way but I have not read any good reason for a card to be OP in the whole forum atm.
[/quote]

I've yet to met someone that can explain me why curse well is not broken and why he likes the card or how it adds any skill/fun/thrill to a T3 fight.
Please tell me how you delt with defensive stonekin or lost souls who only turtled to T3 to use it's OPnes. Let's say you are fire/nature, have no power disadvantage and all you have to do is break through that timeless one/shield building/glacier/kobold/AoC/grigori/silverwind defense. How to not get cursed well to a disgracing, slow death.
And save me from that ,,you can play it yourself'' crap. You ether didn't play in 2013 or you are ignorant if you were decently ranked and say curse well is not OP.

Sorry if i raged a bit, but if i hear one more player saying:,,everything's totally balanced'' and then see him playing lost souls with as much broken/Op cards/combos as possible i lose my faith in mankind.

curse well is broken and adds nothing to the game. it only promotes defensive laming in t3. this is the only card in the game which is so bad that i doubt it could be saved somehow. i agree on removing this nonsense from the game.

For somebody it is lost souls for somebody its shadow - I hate personally fire the most,but to be honest - why removing ANY card from the game, since it is originally its aspect ? Even tho some cards dont have such wide spectrum of usage I still disagree.

[quote='Oops' pid='6322' dateline='1437067093']
For somebody it is lost souls for somebody its shadow - I hate personally fire the most,but to be honest - why removing ANY card from the game, since it is originally its aspect ? Even tho some cards dont have such wide spectrum of usage I still disagree.
[/quote]

i'll explain it to you: this is not some ,,oh lol this card i never seen before is so strong lol!''-complaint
We are talking about a card that some of the best and experienced players - who know and tested every freking card - found to be a) OP b) completly unneeded + c) broken (a concept disturbing other well balanced concepts)
I do not want to be disrespectful but you seem like a player that hasn't totally discovered the widths of PVP balancing and is just concerned he will miss out on something. Let me tell you: Not playing curse well you are not missing out on anything but a broken one click well destruction (i guess you already noticed that in PVP it should take skill to destroy your oponents wells/orbs or otherwise there's somehow a lack of fun/justice)
And if you wonder why nobody hated curse well in 2010: A lot of patches were designed to nerf T3 (nastyshatter and such things), and lowering the overall T3 OPnes of course led to new cards standing out as OP.

[quote='SunWu II.' pid='6339' dateline='1437068166']
[/quote]

i'll explain it to you: this is not some ,,oh lol this card i never seen before is so strong lol!''-complaint
We are talking about a card that some of the best and experienced players - who know and tested every freking card - found to be a) OP b) completly unneeded + c) broken (a concept disturbing other well balanced concepts)
I do not want to be disrespectful but you seem like a player that hasn't totally discovered the widths of PVP balancing and is just concerned he will miss out on something. Let me tell you: Not playing curse well you are not missing out on anything but a broken one click well destruction (i guess you already noticed that in PVP it should take skill to destroy your oponents wells/orbs or otherwise there's somehow a lack of fun/justice)
And if you wonder why nobody hated curse well in 2010: A lot of patches were designed to nerf T3 (nastyshatter and such things), and lowering the overall T3 OPnes of course led to new cards standing out as OP.
[/quote]

You obviously didnt get my spot - what I was trying to say is ,that when you do not find any usage in it doesnt mean that everybody won't.(i dont use it too but why would i remove since its unique by itself ?)
Let it like it is without unneeded flaming around.

[quote='Oops' pid='6354' dateline='1437069448']
[...]
[/quote]

[...]
[/quote]

You obviously didnt get my spot - what I was trying to say is ,that when you do not find any usage in it doesnt mean that everybody won't.(i dont use it too but why would i remove since its unique by itself ?)
[/quote]

So you did get my point ? Because i wasn't saying ..i don't want to use this card.'' I basically said ,,nobody should use this card because it ruins PVP from time to time.''
You know...this thread is about overpowered cards !?

[quote='SunWu II.' pid='6360' dateline='1437069676']
[...]
[/quote]

[...]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So you did get my point ? Because i wasn't saying ..i don't want to use this card.'' I basically said ,,nobody should use this card because it ruins PVP from time to time.''
[/quote]

Okay...
Still its more of a fun to prevent it or deal with it no ? :)
I just fear that when one card gets erased, it will continue - eventually up to screaming noobies with words ''Its op, how to counter - nerf plz'' you know ?

[quote='Oops' pid='6371' dateline='1437070279']
[quote='SunWu II.' pid='6360' dateline='1437069676']
[...]
[/quote]

[...]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay...
Still its more of a fun to prevent it or deal with it no ? :)
I just fear that when one card gets erased, it will continue - eventually up to screaming noobies with words ''Its op, how to counter - nerf plz'' you know ?
[/quote]

When you reach a certain level in PVP the fun comes with close duells on an even skilllevel, eventhough i gotta admit it's fun to win against an OP card/combo, the definition of OP implies that you won't win against it very often. What will instead happen is you getting frustrated losing against players that only won because of this card/combo.
Im also against removing cards from the game, this card is an exception, though, because it's a PVP-only card and has no design that anyone would miss in any way (mabye abusers will cry a tear)
You could also nerf it by giving it 400 power cost, i don't care, the card is like i already explained doing far more bad than good.

[quote='SunWu II.' pid='6376' dateline='1437070645']
When you reach a certain level in PVP the fun comes with close duells on an even skilllevel, eventhough i gotta admit it's fun to win against an OP card/combo, the definition of OP implies that you won't win against it very often. What will instead happen is you getting frustrated losing against players that only won because of this card/combo.
Im also against removing cards from the game, this card is an exception, though, because it's a PVP-only card and has no design that anyone would miss in any way (mabye abusers will cry a tear)
You could also nerf it by giving it 400 power cost, i don't care, the card is like i already explained doing far more bad than good.
[/quote]

And now - since ''the definition of OP implies that you won't win against it very often'' - is it really that OP ? (a mere question, I do not remember exact mechanics of Curse Well besides that it destroyed a well)
But you are right afterall.

I also agree that curse well was overpowered. Especially since it really only helped decks with an already very strong t3.

I certainly don't agree with getting rid of ANY card for reasons stated above, but it could use a nerf to be all but unusable. 400 power is too much, but 250 might do. That way it's theoretically possible to play in a match, but if you have 250 power to spend just to kill one well in t3 you're going to be A). punished hard or B). a poor sport because you could have ended this a long time ago.