Game won't start after last update.

Wiseguy_1

I try to launch the game but it sends an error:"Could not start launcher process. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I have changed nothing, moved nothing, added nothing. Thought about uninstalling and reinstalling but I don't know if it will work or if the problem even requires that and is simpler than that. Any suggestions?

This should be fixed by adding "BattleForge.exe" and "Launcher.exe" as exceptions for your anti virus.

22 hours ago, chickennoodler said:

It says detecting settings on mine, then after that, the game window displays black only andcrashes afterward everytime. And now I can't touch the ingame settings now because the in game screen  blackscreen now.

Wonderful

Please try to edit the "config.json" in your C:\Users\{WindowsUsername}\Documents\BattleForge\ folder. Try changing "fullscreen": false to "fullscreen": true. I hope this fixes the crash.

That's not a setting in the config json.....

It says fullscreen "0". Here is my Config json.

I just reinstalled whole game, same problem, it says autodetect settings. Last time I clicked okay, this time I clicked cancel. It goes full screen log in screen, glitches, then forces you out of window. I try clicking it again, it's glitchy gray, kicks you out. Tab previews gltchy gray.

I also get no logs because I can't even get past log in screen. Wonderful

config.json

Shit, need to add that clicking cancel to auto detect now gives more awful fun times.

The log in screen now automatically goes full screen, then glitch kicks me out and it shows up as a tab on the taskbar, but no window or anything etc. You click it, Full screen login screen, then you get kicked out and it's a tab on taskbar again.

Honestly, I can't even get to options before it kicks me.

Edited by chickennoodler
added some more

20 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

Our server was down for a little while, could you try again please? 

i tried again same thing keeps giving different msg like access denied or cant find the file specified  and after that it delete the updater by it self. 

I have the same problem as the OP. However, it worked last night repeatedly. When I woke up this morning it indicates a file or directory is corrupt. I can note that the patcher is v0.8 and that it is constantly downloading the launcher.exe file. (BattleForge folder is whitelisted) As I said, it worked last night, no changes to my computer or updates, but now it Battleforge won't work. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use