A serious concern

Laze

Greetings devs and fellow Skylords.

It's good to be back playing one of my all time favorite games. Maybe someone here played and remembers me from back in the day, I was a top 20 player named Withia :)

First off, I'd like to express my admiration and gratitude to the devs and anyone else involved in the project for trying to revive this game...

That being said, I have some serious concerns about the current progression system of BF:Reborn. The whole reason why EA scratched the game seven years ago, was because very few was willing to grind and/or pay big money to progress in a reasonable amount of time. At the end we were only few players left.

Understand that PvP is the main and lasting appeal of the game, and to play that, you really need most cards and upgrades, and seeing that you are no longer able to pay money to get the cards you need/want, the whole process is gonna take a lot longer, which is really bad, especially when new players down the line joins the game and is matched against experienced players with more upgrades and cards/card charges.

So if this project is to not suffer the same fate as it did seven years ago, you really need to either make all cards and upgrades available in PvP or make the progression system A LOT faster. I for example had ALL cards and charges within the first 6 months of playing, sure I spend a fair amount of money on it, but it is necessary for PvP, and that is no longer an option. Maybe you could even award BFP through donations, I realize this might violate your contract with EA, but does it really if the money goes in the donation pool?

I would be more than happy to support this project with monthly donations, but I don't really see the point in doing so, if the project is doomed to fail and/or there is no one to play PvP on equal terms with.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely an old BattleForge veteran who really wants this to work out :)

Snooze, Deadman and RedBomble like this

I agree, there has to be a way to progress faster in this game.

I am a student and work most of the week. There is often not that much time to play and i am not able to complete quests everyday.

An easy fix would be the Pay to progress factor (it is not pay to win) even if you cant officialy take money for ingame content you could outsmart this by selling points on your website and with these points were able to get card packages.

I really dont see a big problem in the money for content factor, but if you cant imagine a world where this ever happens, I would highly suggest you to speed up the progress.

The game in its core is awesome but EA messed it up, please dont make the same mistakes only because u want to hold tight on your guidelines.

RedBomble likes this

Thank you for bringin this up, i have been feeling the exact same way!

The slow progression really held me back from playing, so far. Especially since i am a pvp-player at heart.

Since there is no monetary gain to be had from this game, theres also no reason to stretch out the progression to tempt players into microtransactions. All that is left are the people who love to face off with great decks and some, who like to collect cards. I think a bit of a relief for the Pvp-junky who is lacking time and/or motivation to grind for his precious deck is needed!

Really hope these concerns get taken into consideration.

Stay safe everyone

1 minute ago, Kubik said:

:thinking: did you see the new :bf: system? it will slow down (at least for wast majority of people).

Please specify if possible

Snooze likes this

The problem is that i dont have time to play every day. It also doesnt help me when i have a day off and can play for many hours because when my bfp cap is reached i wont get any more points.

There should be a solution like i give you 10 bucks you give me cards i can play pvp or you make all cards for pvp available for free so you dont have to grind that much. The system is just to time consuming

39 minutes ago, Snooze said:

The problem is that i dont have time to play every day. It also doesnt help me when i have a day off and can play for many hours because when my bfp cap is reached i wont get any more points.

There should be a solution like i give you 10 bucks you give me cards i can play pvp or you make all cards for pvp available for free so you dont have to grind that much. The system is just to time consuming

There are many systems of catch-up mechanics that are in place that mean you don't need to play everyday, and will still earn BFP at a decent amount. We however also have to take into account, that players who play everyday feels sufficiently rewarded for doing so, to keep server population and therefore player engagement high. Also, there exists no hardcap on BFP earnings in the new system.  All those changes are now live in the test server. The issue right now is, we need to have a batch update with all these new features to the live server, or we risk the whole server breaking, if we forget some file dependencies etc. 

1 I disagree pvp is only appeal. Atm we have a growing map making community that creates new content. 

2 the reason that many not play pvp is not that u get cards to slow but there are too less low elo enemy's. And starting VS veterans is painful. 

3 u not need all cards to play pvp just one deck, and you should be able to get a decent starting deck after idk... one month?! 

4 real money is our of discussion, cause the game is not property of Sr. 

5 I hope that the planed achievements system give an early boost of cards. 

@Ultrakool

We didn't here something of the achievementsystem since ages. Would be awesome if we could get an update on this. 

Kind Regards 

Edited by Karl Lavafeld

5 hours ago, Karl Lavafeld said:

1 I disagree pvp is only appeal. Atm we have a growing map making community that creates new content. 

2 the reason that many not play pvp is not that u get cards to slow but there are too less low elo enemy's. And starting VS veterans is painful. 

3 u not need all cards to play pvp just one deck, and you should be able to get a decent starting deck after idk... one month?! 

4 real money is our of discussion, cause the game is not property of Sr. 

5 I hope that the planed achievements system give an early boost of cards. 

@Ultrakool

We didn't here something of the achievementsystem since ages. Would be awesome if we could get an update on this. 

Kind Regards 

1. I didn't say it was the only appeal, just the main appeal. Ive alreday completed everything there is to complete in PvE, even most maps Ive played solo and I'm sure others has as well.

2. Well unupgraded decks and even bad decks certainly doesn't help.

3. Well you need more than one deck depending on the meta. And I don't think you can get all 4 charges for 20 specific cards within a month, considering the prices in the auction. I mean for example a Shaman for 700 BFP and then you need 4 of them (and yes all charges are crucial in PvP) and a single booster with 8 random cards costs 450 BFP... I've played 2 days now and all I got is 125 BFP, so it would take a long time to get a decent deck with all charges.

4. I am aware of that, but the BFP could be considered a gift, if the donation money goes strictly to the donation pool, where it will not be profits.

5. Something needs to be done thats for sure otherwise I don't see this lasting, like it didn't last for EA and their progression system was significantly faster because you could just buy the cards you needed.

I don't mind grinding for gold and upgrades, but grinding for random cards you need 4 of, thats just never gonna work :/

RedBomble likes this

24 minutes ago, Laze said:

but grinding for random cards you need 4 of, thats just never gonna work :/

You can sell your boosters to to other players and use the bfp to buy the cards you need directly from the auction house. Compared to counting on random luck to get certain cards thats's of course a gamechanger.

9 hours ago, SunWu II. said:

You can sell your boosters to to other players and use the bfp to buy the cards you need directly from the auction house. Compared to counting on random luck to get certain cards thats's of course a gamechanger.

Considering the outrageous prices on cards in the auction house that would still take a long time.. Most common cards cost 20+ BFP where they should only cost 2 BFP like they did seven years ago. I do understand they have more value now, because the market is starved with the lack of the option to buy cards/boosters, but thats my point, this is killing the game at least for those who wan't to play PvP.