Was there a change within the anouncement of getting a Promo from a booster?

Flrbb

Those 2 anounced promos from my first picture were very close together (within one game I was in, so two promos within less than 20 minutes. but I guess it was like max 5 minutes apart), also I did not even open the options inbetween. I am not aware of an short key to change this anouncement. Maybe there might be the possibility for hitting an unknown key-combination twice, but honestly I suppose there is a bug in here somewhere. But as this happend just once it will probably hard to trace.

BFsetup.jpg

@Flrbb Either I am missing something or I believe you do not understand what those settings mean. The first option determines whether or not you see promo announcements and how you see them (only chat or also with pop-up text in the middle of your screen). The second option determines whether or not the server announces you received a promo (whenever you receive a promo). here you can either not announce, announce with your name or announce anonymously. So the difference from the two people in your screenshot is that the first has "announce without name" and the second one has "announce with name". Also, as this is a post in the bug report section, please try to stick to the bug report format next time.

Edited by Ladadoos
Zyna likes this

What surprises me in the screenshot provided is that in one instance the announcement is anonymous and <likely small amount of time> later, the name is shown. I doubt the setting was changed by @Flrbb as he clearly seems confused (probably didn't know it existed) and the setting name is pretty self explanatory. Perhaps that's the bug he is trying to bring forward?

1 hour ago, anonyme0273 said:

What surprises me in the screenshot provided is that in one instance the announcement is anonymous and <likely small amount of time> later, the name is shown. I doubt the setting was changed by @Flrbb as he clearly seems confused (probably didn't know it existed) and the setting name is pretty self explanatory. Perhaps that's the bug he is trying to bring forward?

It is not a bug though. Whether it says "A player got a promo [...]" or "Boemien got a promo [...]" is determined by the settings of the player who opened the booster. So in the first message, the player had "Announce without name" for the setting "Announce Promo Drops", and for the second message the other player (Boemien) had "Announce" for the same setting.

Ladadoos likes this

Originaly, this was not a bug report. I was confused why (within like 5 minutes) the format of the anouncement changed (without me doing anything inthe settings).

With me gaining knowledge about this behaviour in here, now this is a bug report. I know that there is a template but as a) I cannot reproduce this bug and b) I can contribute to this forum wirh my mobile it is way to complicated to use that...

3 hours ago, Flrbb said:

Originaly, this was not a bug report. I was confused why (within like 5 minutes) the format of the anouncement changed (without me doing anything inthe settings).

With me gaining knowledge about this behaviour in here, now this is a bug report. I know that there is a template but as a) I cannot reproduce this bug and b) I can contribute to this forum wirh my mobile it is way to complicated to use that...

Please explain why this is a bug.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:03 PM, Ladadoos said:

Please explain why this is a bug.

Because I did not changed my settings. The two different styles of the anouncements should not be visible within a single screen capture.

2 hours ago, Flrbb said:

Because I did not changed my settings. The two different styles of the anouncements should not be visible within a single screen capture.

As I expected and mentioned in my original reply. That does seem weird, if you changed the settings this would hardly be confusing at all.

3 hours ago, Flrbb said:

It is not about your settings, it is about the settings of the player who opens the booster. 

So two different players who open a booster can have different settings (one announces his username and one doesn't) resulting in different messages for you. 

4 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

It is not about your settings, it is about the settings of the player who opens the booster. 

So two different players who open a booster can have different settings (one announces his username and one doesn't) resulting in different messages for you. 

that solves the mystery! :)

you may close this now :D

26 minutes ago, Flrbb said:

that solves the mystery! :)

On 7/2/2020 at 4:43 PM, Zyna said:

It is not a bug though. Whether it says "A player got a promo [...]" or "Boemien got a promo [...]" is determined by the settings of the player who opened the booster. So in the first message, the player had "Announce without name" for the setting "Announce Promo Drops", and for the second message the other player (Boemien) had "Announce" for the same setting.

That is literally what Zyna said here. Anyways, I am glad this is solved and will close the thread now.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use