Skylords Reborn Community Challenge #2: New Map "Rise of a Demon" - Win Harvester Promo and much more!

LEBOVIN

artwork.thumb.jpg.450c62f9ff9b0300263c3d3c8377cbfe.jpg

Hello fellow Skylords,

Check out the new awesome map Rise of a Demon available in the community map section! The map and scripts have been created by "Emmaerzeh" and "LEBOVIN". 

minimap.jpg.a4ae17599350bff414ead5744420e703.jpgDescription:

It is a 1 player PvE map set on a bandit island. The player takes control of a demon which gains progressively more abilities over time. Defeat all enemies on the map to win the match. We recommend enabling subtitles in the options menu before the game.

Card Restrictions:

On Expert difficulty, the card Shadow Phoenix is not allowed. Using it results in a default loss.

Competition:

To further promote the map, it will continue the tradition of community challenges.

Competition period: 01 July 2020 – 18 July 2020 Competition is over!
Prizes will be given out on 19 July 2020

Prizes:

• Fastest 1 player run:              Harvester Promo
  • Second fastest 1 player run:   Harvester
  • Third fastest 1 player run:      Batariel (Red Affinity) + 1 Booster

Besides this, everybody else to complete the map in less than 20 minutes (and hands in the replay as proof) will receive a Booster Pack as well. Voluntary donations during the competition might increase the prize pool even further.

Additional Rules:

• The competition uses the map version "PvE_Rise_of_a_Demon.pak", uploaded in-game.
  • The map has to be played on Expert Difficulty.
  • The top 3 replays will later be published and attached to this post and might be uploaded to YouTube with explanatory commentary.
  • Play on the main server, or the replay might be corrupted.

Participation Guidelines:

• To participate, you may not violate any of the rules above. 
  • Make your final valid replay (file format is .pmv) available to us via Discord before 19 July 2020 UTC+1 (Emmaerzeh#0240 or LEBOVIM#4557). You can also find us on the official Skylords Reborn Discord Server.
    • You can update your replay submission during the time of the competition any number of times.

Known Bugs:

• Replays of community maps sometimes do not show up in the game Replay viewing selection. This issue has been reported to the developers and will soon be fixed. Until then a workaround is to open another lobby of a Community Map first and then go to the Replay viewing selection again. Alternatively, restart the game. If the replay there shows the gear as an indicator of being broken or outdated, try again later and make sure you have the original map file "PvE_Rise_of_a_Demon.pak" file in your C:\Users\<username>\Documents\BattleForge\map folder. (Auto)saved replays can be found alongside the same path in the folder […]\replays. Renaming them can help as well.
  • If you try to play the community map whilst ur game is set to French or Russian and nothing happens at the beginning of the game, delete the map in your map folder and download it again. If it still does not work contact us.
  • If you find any other bugs, report them to us via Discord.

Final Ranking:

These are the best currently submitted speedrun times. To foster competition early on it is more fun if you tell your best time right away and do not wait until the last second. Of course, both ways are allowed.

1. Pritstift 		10.21
2. Treim 		10.44
3. Loriens 		11.22
4. ducarev 		11.41
5. RadicalX 		14.52
6. Wanky 		16.45
7. Bozzah 		19:08
8. DieBieneMaya 	38.12

Download:

• The map can be downloaded in the Community Map section in-game, named "Rise of a Demon" (german: "Aufstieg eines Dämons"). Make sure to have older or duplicated versions deleted.
  • Winning replays are attached in a later post of mine!

We wish you the best of luck and lots of fun!

Karl Lavafeld (Emmaerzeh) and LEBOVIN

Edited by LEBOVIN
updated ranking
Irolum, Ponni, Pritstift and 8 others like this

If you want people to submit results early (and esp so people have an idea of the time to beat) maybe you can set a specific time to tally results, like midnight in GMT+0, and send some small reward for whoever has the current best time by each daily deadline?

First, very nice initiative and an excellent map!

37.19 is my first try on this map (or actually second...because Harvy died in the first try...) so there is a time everyone most likely can beat...

I won't post the replay because, well, it sucks... ?

// Ponni

Emmaerzeh likes this

@ Eirias Oh it is really optional, I mean sub 20 min is already defined as should be "doable". And if u provide the resources to dish out those mid-challenge rewards, we surely could give more rewards (like weekly winners).

1 hour ago, LEBOVIN said:

Of course, would be kind of weird if you had to hand in your replay to participate and then we could just copy it and claim ur prize...

Didn't expect anythinge else of you two, just wanted the confirmation :D 

honestly not found a way to keep the Harvester alive and at the same time get a decent army to support him. so far frost seems to be the best bet with Home Soil and so on. so im quite excited for the result other people got and hope we get to see their plays and learn from them.

Edited by Genesis23

1 hour ago, Genesis23 said:

honestly not found a way to keep the Harvester alive and at the same time get a decent army to support him. so far frost seems to be the best bet with Home Soil and so on. so im quite excited for the result other people got and hope we get to see their plays and learn from them.

Did you notice that the harvester has a built in healing ability?

10 minutes ago, LEBOVIN said:

Did you notice that the harvester has a built in healing ability?

i did, but the Bandit dragons paralize him instantly and generally take the match in the NPCs favor (i absolutely hate those things.) combined with the frailty of both Harvester and Batariel its not easy for me to keep him alive, at least i didnt manage yet.

But the mission in general is hilarious, the idea is superb and much better than the map "Mo" which was probably the main inspiration here. and then the added abilities and even a form change. just proper comedy that was.

4 minutes ago, Genesis23 said:

i did, but the Bandit dragons paralize him instantly and generally take the match in the NPCs favor (i absolutely hate those things.) combined with the frailty of both Harvester and Batariel its not easy for me to keep him alive, at least i didnt manage yet.

You can try to summon the skeleton warrior army before you run in and have them in front of Harvester/Bata to tank the paralyze of the dragons.

Loriens likes this

1 hour ago, Genesis23 said:

"Mo" which was probably the main inspiration here. and then the added abilities and even a form change. just proper comedy that was.

The main inspiration is rpg s in general. Or f.e. war craft 3 rpg custom maps. keep on , you can do it. try other tactic. Kind regards

Loriens likes this

Thanks for creating the challenge. Was a lot of fun to work out a strategy for the map even if I didn't push my strategy to the asbolut maximum. I am excited for some of the replays and how other people solved this.
In my opinion it is a little bit disappointing that so few people participated, especially considering how many good PvE and rPvE players decided to forgo the map. Nonetheless great job to the team and all participants. Hopefully there will be more challenges in the future with a bit higher participatioon :)

Loriens, Pritstift and LEBOVIN like this

19 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

The challenge is now over, card prizes have been sent out. Booster Prices will be send out by Skylords Reborn Staff today. Thanks to everybody who participated :)

Boosters have been sent to all participants.

Emmaerzeh and LEBOVIN thank you for hosting the tournament! And thanks to everybody who participated.

LEBOVIN, Emmaerzeh and Loriens like this

To highlight different strategies, I have uploaded 3 speedrun videos.

Fire T1 Start: Pritstift 

Shadow T1 Start: Treim 

Nature T1 Start: RadicalX

Emmaerzeh will upload Loriens replay on the Community Channel as part of the Series Let's Play Community Maps.

Attached you also find all final replay submissions of the participants. Again thank you all for being part of the event!

Best regards,
LEBOVIN

Edited by LEBOVIN
Emmaerzeh, Loriens and Ladadoos like this

• 2 weeks later...