Construction Hut - Ability Maintenance not working properly

Mynoduesp

DESCRIPTION: The aura-ability Maintenance of the Construction Hut does not work as intended. The base construction time of any building is 20s (except monuments and those with either half-time or quater-time rapid construction as example Makeshift Tower or Ice Barrier respectifly). The keywords used to extend and shorten constructiontime are longer (from outside of monument/energy well proximity: "[...] will take 50% longer!") and faster (from Construction Huts ability Maintenance: "[...] will be constructed 50/55% faster [...]"). These keywords are important to differentiate from slower and shorter, since they will be calculated differently.
As example, an effect holds 10 seconds. If the effect should be extended to 15s there are (at least) two different ways to achive this:

• 50% increased effectduration = 10s * (1 + 50%) = 15s
  • Effect expire 33% slower = (1 - 33%) / 10s = 15s

This in mind, construction time is calculated as follows:

TIME = BASE * (1 - PENALTY [%]) / (1 + BONUS [%])

Now to the bug or as I call it "where the mess named Maintenance" beginns:
The expected constructiontimes of a basic building are:

• Base constructiontime = 20s
  • Construction outside of monument/energy well proximity = 30s
  • Construction inside of 50/55% Maintenance aura and outside of monument/energy well proximity
    • 50% = 20s
    • 55% = 13.3s
  • Construction inside of 50/55% Maintenance aura and inside of monument/energy well proximity
    • 50% = 19.4s
    • 55% = 12.9s

The ingame values are:

• Base constructiontime = 20s
  • Construction outside of monument/energy well proximity = 30s
  • Construction inside of 50/55% Maintenance aura and outside of monument/energy well proximity
    • 50% = 15.3s
    • 55% = 16.5s
  • Construction inside of 50/55% Maintenance aura and inside of monument/energy well proximity
    • 50% = 10.3s
    • 55% = 11.2s

These numbers come from me timing these construction times over and over again and taking averages. Additionaly, I did not mess them up, U3 Construction Hut which is supposed to add 5% construction speed makes its slower, however U0-2 Construction Hut is allready way stronger than intended with an approximated construction speedboost of 95% (!). U3 Construction Hut reduces it to an approximated construction speedboost of 80%. I tried to come up with an explination how this is possible for litteraly hours, here's what I came up with: It's a complete mess.

REPRODUCIBILITY: Consistant.

SCREENSHOTimage.thumb.png.db67092a52b1ca614359fbefdd8daa3e.png

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I'd be happy if you can fix the math in the game, but I'd be happy with a dirty solution where the equation doesnt get touched but different values are provided to match the description of the card/ability.

Have fun with the mess. :)

3 minutes ago, Kubik said:

:D if the values get changed it also change them on card description.

And MrXLink said no card changes before release so everyone can play the same old game after release without any changes.

Now im really interested in how the fuck?! they managed to code this ability without breaking something, it might have been just luck tbh....

I've just skimmed over your report, but your formula for deriving the expected construction time seems way to complicated.
Looking at the times you measured ingame, I think a formula the game might use is:
U0-U2 normal
ProductionTime * 0.5
20 * 0.5 = 10

U0-U2 dazed
ProductionTime * 1.5 * 0.5
20 * 1.5 * 0.5 = 15

U3 normal
ProductionTime * 0.55
20 * 0.55 = 11

U3 dazed
ProductionTime * 1.5 * 0.55
20 * 1.5 * 0.55 = 16.5

I will test this later today and read your post in detail. If U3 is really slower than U0-U2 though this should be easily fixable.

:D if the values get changed it also change them on card description.

And MrXLink said no card changes before release so everyone can play the same old game after release without any changes.

Like you said, there will presumably be no card changes before release. However, this does not mean that there will be no card changes upon release or after release.

Also, the values the game displays in the card description can be different from the ones that the game actually uses for calculations.

Edited by John

"easily fixable." :thinking: maybe, but that would be card change.

MrXLink was quite clear about this that for some unspecified time after release there still be no changes, untill everyone will get chance to experience the unchanged game after release.

11 minutes ago, John said:

U0-U2 normal
ProductionTime * 0.5
20 * 0.5 = 10

U0-U2 dazed
20 * 1.5 * 0.5 = 15

U3 normal
ProductionTime * 0.55
20 * 0.55 = 11

U3 dazed
 20 * 1.5 * 0.55 = 16.5

You might be right, I guess I gave the original coder too much credit.... I excluded this possible solution because I consistantly messured more than 10/15, 11/16.5 sec but that might just be me. :^)

The right equation is this with no doubt (not as complicated as in the excel screenshot):

ProductionTime = BASE * (1 - 50% [if dazed]) / (1 + BONUS [%])

(The rapid construction ability of a couple of buildings will add just another factor, either 0.25 or 0.5 for the two different abilities.)

Edited by Mynoduesp

• 3 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, Zyna said:

ProductionTime * 0.5
20 * 0.5 = 10

U0-U2 dazed
20 * 1.5 * 0.5 = 15

U3 normal
ProductionTime * 0.55
20 * 0.55 = 11

U3 dazed
20 * 1.5 * 0.55 = 16.5

Why x 0,55?? 

Its 55% faster not 45% 

So it needs 0,45 the time to build

U3 normal 

PT x 0,45

20 x 0,45 = 9

U3 dazed

PT x 1,5 x 0,45

20 x 1,5 x 0,45 = 13,5

1 hour ago, S4litos said:

Why x 0,55?? 

Its 55% faster not 45% 

So it needs 0,45 the time to build

U3 normal 

PT x 0,45

20 x 0,45 = 9

U3 dazed

PT x 1,5 x 0,45

20 x 1,5 x 0,45 = 13,5

That's the whole point, it's bugged (hence why this is a topic in "Report a Bug"). I provided the values the game actually uses. It's supposed to be 0.45, but the original developers put 0.55 by accident.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use