Karosuke

Hi everyone,

while I was writing suggestions for twilight hag and mutating maniac I figured I might also share my thoughts on the rest of the bunch. I tried to play the faction as exclusively as possible and to be honest... they could need a hand here and there but they are not as bad as most people think. I should mention that I'm not a speedrunner or pvp pro or anything like that. I mostly play rpve 8-9 and sometimes a little pvp with friends and ofc some missions for quests and fun. So my experience might be a little one sided but twilight is the faction I played the most by far. Since the transform mechanic is generally way too expensive except for some gimmicky stuff I'll try to keep it out of this.

So lets hop into it and start with t2.

1. Deathglider

Dies way too fast for what it is... the only ranged t2 that twilight has. And for 60 power not as spammable as it would be neccessary.. so either up his hp to something around 450+ or decrease his power to 45-50

2. Twilight Brute

Really good stats, though slow and nothing but raw numbers. If you compare him to enforcer he will loose due to enforcers charge. But his stats are not the point. His ability could be at least consicerable if it wouldn't run out or costs less power. It can be considered a eruption-ish way to use it but its way slower and easy to outmanouver. So either make the mark last infinitely or reduce the power to 25-30

3. Twilight Minions

If Deathglider might serve as a true s-counter they are fine as they are. If not, changing them to s/s might be an option.

4. Slaver

Stats and ability are alright. His cost on the other hand is nowhere near reasonable. I'd wish for 65 but 70 might be more fitting.

5. Vileblood

Stats are fine. But if you compare it to sth like mountaineer... maybe reduce his cost to 120.

6 Twilight Curse

Has anyone ever used that card? :D Its a useable counter to stuff like mounty aggressor or skyfire. But like with lots of other twilight cards I think the cost is just too high. 90 is still a lot but that would make it at leat a little more appealing.

On to t3:

I have already talked about Twilight Hag and Mutating Maniac in different threads that I linked. Twilight Creeper is absolutely fine the way it is.

1. Treefiend

Well.. cost. Just that. His nature original costs 30! power less. Aside from him not really fitting anywhere (sadly) his cost should be lowered to at least 130. But honestly.. I don't really know what to do with him :/

2. Twilight Warfare

The idea behind the card is nice. A wrecker-rallybanner-like effect that gives either lifesteal or a soft-siege to all friendly creatures. But the radius is way to small to be really effective. By putting the range up to 30-35 it might maybe be worth the power... because the opponent might just run away or heal his unit.. or cc yours.

And t4:

1. Abomination

Solid card. Actually I think this is a pretty good example of what twilight cards should be like. Raw Power with average cost but clunky. No buffs needed I just mentioned him as an example.

2. Nightshade Plant

Again comparing the unit to its original counterpart. The ability is somewhat alright though loosing t4 units is generally not that good. It also won't happen that often because twilight aims to have their units close to unkillable. They also do not really need another l-counter. My suggestion would be giving him siege and reducing his cost to 240.... makes it even more like grimvine but at least adds some purpose for playing him.

3. Skycatcher

I will leave his terrible hp aside since he can be considered a supporter. But the cost of both his abilities are terrible. Also the range of his aura forces him to go into melee where he might just die off if you dont have both affinities using their abilities at the same time. Infection costing 0 and impairment costing 80 while also increasing the range to match his attacks would be my suggestion.

4. Twilight Pestilence

Really good card imo. Just make it reusable every 20 seconds to keep up the effects.

It is actually a lot that needs to be improved for twilight imo. They work ok at the moment but there is a reason almost noone uses them...

Honorable mention: Hatecaster. Extremely nice card. Fits the faction really well.

Loriens likes this

On 5/28/2020 at 8:11 PM, Karosuke said:

If Deathglider might serve as a true s-counter they are fine as they are. If not, changing them to s/s might be an option.

6 Twilight Curse

Has anyone ever used that card? :D Its a useable counter to stuff like mounty aggressor or skyfire. But like with lots of other twilight cards I think the cost is just too high. 90 is still a lot but that would make it at leat a little more appealing.

Yes, it's useful, for example if you play Twilight deck in rPvE you can simply curse Lost Vigil, Manabeast or Windhunter so cleaning base becomes easier. Also I think it can be useful in 2vs2 or 3vs3 - with purple affinity you turn flying enemy into weak bug. For example one of my Twilight rPvE deck. image.png

3. Twilight Minions

Dont forget that after transformation they provide +50% for any friendly S units 

Slaver.
Stats and ability are alright. His cost on the other hand is nowhere near reasonable. I'd wish for 65 but 70 might be more fitting.

In fact right now it's one of the worst L counter on this level.

Edited by Loriens

• 2 weeks later...

I rather tend to use the minions that buff all twilight units before attacking big camps... I had also ran both affinities to buff my t1 leftovers. As for slaver, I tend to look at him as a mix of a unit and a weak eruption. For PvP thats garbage. Haven't tried if its considerable transforming him into a vile or sth to get it off. Maybe a good pvp player can test this or give some insight.

Yeah for rpve10 curse seems legit. But for 9 and beyond you dont need it and in pvp it only was useful for the mentioned situations.

@your deck:

First of all: Woohoo strikers <3

I go into a different direction though..

TL RPvE9

Maybe this sucks for 10. Dunno

Loriens likes this

Twilight also doesn't have any Tier 2 Ranged Units, and they REALLY need some sort of Twilight Tier 2 tower besides their only Tier 2 Tower, which is a Support tower that is Subpar to abysmal for damage and Knockback. Not helped by the fact that Red has Some of THE WORST tier 2 towers and Orb restrictions on them, and Green just doesn't have Tier 2 Towers besides Living tower, a Two Green orb tower.

Also, no Tier 2 Swift unit of theirs, but that was probably originally intended for the Twilight Raptor by EA on the Behind Enemy lines map.

We could probably do with some more Twilight Tier 3 units (some sort of Twilight Tier 3 Large or XL Ranged and Melee units would be cool, and some flying units) and Reworking the Transformation gimmick is honestly Worthless and would need a rework to cost or the Problems with the mechanic. Because Transforming cards to other cards for Power cost premiums when Green, A color that gives 25% Power discounts for Breeding grounds exists is Janky and confusing.

(Why does transforming Eat up a Card charge when It costs so much? Where does the Power even go? Does the Bound power for the original creature return to Void Power? So confusing.)

As for void, if I'm correct, the old units power goes into void and the new unit binds power equal to the amount needed to transform into it. If this one dies a percentage of the transform cost goes into void and so on. Twilight does have a ranged t2.. death glider.

I think the idea of why transforming costs a charge might be "you get an undazed unit cheaper where the old was".. consider it a breeding grounds to go :D still too expensive though I agree.

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2020 at 7:11 PM, Karosuke said:

3. Skycatcher

I will leave his terrible hp aside since he can be considered a supporter. But the cost of both his abilities are terrible. Also the range of his aura forces him to go into melee where he might just die off if you dont have both affinities using their abilities at the same time. Infection costing 0 and impairment costing 80 while also increasing the range to match his attacks would be my suggestion.

That is my main card in deck and sadly I'm thinking about changing it just because how his abilities are useless.

To be honest I have used aura once. When i saw range i just laugh and never used it again. I will probably change these drakes to something more durable.

• 2 months later...

Btw, Twi can use Wheels and shrine of mem or war and Mo statue. And breeding grounds...... And Earth shaker, Curse of oink, cc.

And enlightenment batariel. Primeval watcher etc

Hilarously, if you have the right spell loadout, their t4 armies can afk farm any t4. Skycatcher low hp doesn't matter then, their Siege and abilities become gravy on top.