rpve Twilight Deck

Timer

Back in the day I always wanted to use Twilight, so now with the given opportunity I designed a pretty good deck I use in rpve 9 (rpve 6 is just too easy and not gold efficient anymore)

(most cards don't cost a lot so it's pretty easy to build)

image.thumb.png.77754ca5861c44d7476a7a78fa5ea1ed.png

Tier 1

- Nomad (green) and Mine pretty much carry up to the tier 3 camp depending on the map

- Eruption just in case a lot of units survive the Mine

- Thugs if my base gets attacked while waiting after my Nomads died (S counter)

Tier 2

- Vilebloods to rush the spawn buildings

- Oink, Surge of Light an Ravage just to support them

- Spirit Hunter in case there are flyers (don't have any Skyfire Drakes yet)

Tier 3

- Twilight Creepers (Purple) in mass just demolish bases with their spit attack

Tier 4 and beyond

- Abomination and Skycatcher as the core (some Creepers for extra damage vulnerability)

- Breeding Grounds

- Shrine of War for void manipulation

- Healing Gardens + Regrowth in case the units take damage

- Earthshaker for that pesky Willzapper on Twilight maps

- Ice Crystal, Revenge and Twilight Pestilence (blue) for damage reduction (both T4 units are blue affinity)

-> 20% + 25% + 50% = 90% damage reduction (can't go higher than 90%, i think it's additive), the units basically can't die

Bandits

- just Oink the Windhunters

Stonekin

- only the Crystal Fiends early on are annoying, use the Nomads ability and Eruption if necessary

Twilight

- annoying but Earthshaker deals with the Willzapper

- just Oink the Wrathgazers before they swallow your units

Lost Souls

- abuse the mines and rush with a lot of units if the tier 2 and 3 camps become difficult

- maybe use Protector's Seal, although it doesn't help against in the early game

The hardest struggle I've experienced is tier 2 and tier 3 camps being in close proximity or Lost Souls being more difficult to deal with than usual

Everything after the availability of tier 3 is easy to beat by just spamming the spells and having fast void return (unless the other players leave the match)

I'd like some feedback as this deck isn't perfect, it can be a struggle getting to tier 3

Edited by Timer

Hi! Cards i don't find that strong in your deck: spirithunters, twilight creeper and frost crystal. Cards i would always consider in a fire/nature RPVE deck: hurricane, thunderstorm and cluster explosion (red). And because you have shrine of war and therefor the powercost of a spell doesnt really matter you could also consider playing armageddon.

16 hours ago, SunWu II. said:

Hi! Cards i don't find that strong in your deck: spirithunters, twilight creeper and frost crystal. Cards i would always consider in a fire/nature RPVE deck: hurricane, thunderstorm and cluster explosion (red). And because you have shrine of war and therefor the powercost of a spell doesnt really matter you could also consider playing armageddon.

First of all thanks for the feedback!

I've never really considered hurricane in rpve, although its use as cc could come in handy in non-lost souls maps

The spirit hunters themselves should be replaced by a better tier 2 unit as lost souls map with their L/L units are quite a force to deal with

Twilight creepers have always been a lifesaver in all sorts of tier 4 camp struggles, removing them would most propably give me even more problems in the early game

I'll try implementing hurricane and thunderstorm instead of frost crystal and spirit hunters, maybe I'll have an easier time early on (as for cluster explosion, at the time I have no need for damaging spells in the late game, but as soon as I can afford it, I'll propably try using it as most people have recommended it so far)

That is what i use:

grafik.thumb.png.06e9cede5fa19efe3ea3626b185e6ce6.png

It is a vastly different approach to rPvE as a whole. While most players, especially beginners are mostly focused on units and then a couple of support spells and buildings, it is generally faster to focus mostly on spells and do not use that many units and buildings that bind power - both options are viable though.

A spell heavy deck allows you to start clearing much faster as it requires only really void manipulation, 1 t4 unit and about 100 to 150 power in your power pool. It is also a bit harder to execute, as the risk of getting burst down by camps and incomes is given at any moment. While SoW greatly offsets that risk compared to other types of void manipulation it is still there.

Maybe to go into specific choices i would make for cards you did not seem to consider and were not yet mentioned by SunWu:
I do like to Sunstriders to at least have some kind of anti air, even if it is not great, it is generally good enough with nomads tanking. Also one s-unit in t1 helps greatly against spellbreakers on Lost Souls map, to avoid taking damage and therefor trapping incomes and the like.

As mentioned i do avoid units, so i only use 1 t4 slot. At the end of most games i rarely have more than 2 Abominations, generally never more than. If you do not feel safe and have fear of maybe losing your army, I would recommend taking 2nd Abomination and remove twilight warfare.
While Healing gardens are nice, they do bind power again and Equilbrium does essentially the same job in terms of additional healing to regrowth while not binding power.
Breeding grounds is not really necassary  when you only really use it for 1 unit anyways, so might as well skip it.
Healing support is not really necassary until t3 or t4 as you can generally any camp with just mines nomads and oink, with maybe a vileblood, lavafield or eruption for harder camps. When you die due to Lost Vigils or the like, in my experience ravage or Surge of Light rarely ever make a difference. It makes it easier to clear some but if you play well around your units strengths and the cc mine, oink and lavafield provide you wont find an issue with any camp. Lost souls you might need to have to first clear all the buildings and most ground units if there are vigils but as mentioned heals generally wont help you with that much anyway. Mine and Lavafield i also like to use in later stages of the game to clear out smaller incomes and leftover units and have that way a higher impact on the game compared to especially Ravage.
Stacking damage reduction is in my experiences never really necassary. Aagainst Lost souls all the buffs get disenchanted most likely anyways, especially in later camps where that might come in handy and on all other maps just twilight pestilence is more than enough.

3 reasons for disenchant: You need it on Twilight maps where multiple willzappers are in the base, otherwise your earthshaker will run out of charges too fast or you use cards like Inferno on a single building which is not optimal and if you run into Nyxia you need it to disable her aura for 1 Abomination so you at least have the possibility of killing her. Also super usefull against the Windhunters on stonekin and bandit maps.

Damage spells are somewhat self explanatory, that is the main damage source of this deck afterall, i mostly use purple cluster explosion for the early bases as the damage is enough to mostly take those out. I do also like to use the ability of abomination to clean up camps and incomes to safe on charges of important spells where possiible and speed up the clear. Note that this ability is op against melee bosses, as the effect does work on them despite their leader immunity.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to keep your unit focused style i would probably use Sunstrider instead of thugs still and then remove ghost hunters flat out. Would still cut the damage reduction down to just twilight pestilence and add thunderstorm and Cluster Explosion as well as Inferno. If you want to keep Ravage or Surge of Light that is fine, I would probably prefer SoL over Ravage, though cut at least one and add Lavafield. Healing gardens you definetly get value out of with that many units, it does slow you down massively though if you play 2x SoW and 2x Healing gardens. I would personally always go with Equilibrium, but that is probably a wash and comes down to preference.

53 minutes ago, Treim said:

If you want to keep your unit focused style i would probably use Sunstrider instead of thugs still and then remove ghost hunters flat out. Would still cut the damage reduction down to just twilight pestilence and add thunderstorm and Cluster Explosion as well as Inferno. If you want to keep Ravage or Surge of Light that is fine, I would probably prefer SoL over Ravage, though cut at least one and add Lavafield. Healing gardens you definetly get value out of with that many units, it does slow you down massively though if you play 2x SoW and 2x Healing gardens. I would personally always go with Equilibrium, but that is probably a wash and comes down to preference.

Completely agree with Treim, just want to add a t2 flavour into this:

Gladiatrix (Nature), she is a strong choice, kinda weak on the HP side, but with Oink and Surge of Light (and of course Mine and Eruption) they clean out any t3 camp up to rPVE9, even Lost Souls. Do requires some practise but once you get the hang of it the damage output they do is awesome and also they target air units! Actually, it will in most cases take you easily to t4. Trick is to Oink the enemies and then target one enemy at a time with all Gladis (depening on camp 3-5 ones are needed), then they die quickly. Another trick would be to Oink most of the camp and take out the spawn hut then back out and leave a Mine behind to clean out/severly injure the ground troops then turn around and finish them off!

Though she is not a Twilight creature, but still very useful...

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
typo

• 7 months later...