UPDATE: BFP Reserves and Boosters

MrXLink

On 9/10/2020 at 1:11 PM, Mynoduesp said:

Small feedback on the booster art:

First of all, I love what you did with the new Amii and Frost/Fire boosters (please coin a name for the last nameless faction or make a pool/event/competition for the community to do so :D).
Secondly, while the new boosters and the single faction boosters show what's inside, older boosters fail misserably. Bandits, Twilight and even Stonekin booster art deserve an update sometime soon (I know this is low prio :P).

image.thumb.png.d6f12e7db94ef2cf9ca1e63bb4e167fd.png

About the booster content window:
I like that you're able to search for card and also that the fist cards shown are colourless/legendaries. Since ppl like to see primarily shiny and secondarily actual data I'd move promo cards even above colourless cards. And if it's not too much trouble add a dropdown to sort by either name or rarity

image.thumb.png.020bc3072865b137238cfb87e8173283.png

A bit off topic here as a reply to an announcement, I think it would be better if you create a separate topic for it

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...

Having played a couple of days with these mechanics, i fully approve of these. 

It's nice that you can miss days, dodging the feel that modern games give. However, more important is the ability to buy so many boosters!

It's a little sad that long time play doesn't pay of hugely, as we tend to play much. Aren't these promo rates too high btw?!

Thanks for bringing this awesome game back again!

I have a simple question and maybe someone can do the math for me. There are achievements (with rather good rewards) for depleting the BFP reserve below 100, 50 and 20 BFP.

How long will it take with the current system do do these achievements if we are asuming a full reserve at the beginning and a constant play time without any pauses and the normal refill rate of the reserve?

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 4:46 AM, MutterTeresa said:

Thanks for bringing this awesome game back again!

I have a simple question and maybe someone can do the math for me. There are achievements (with rather good rewards) for depleting the BFP reserve below 100, 50 and 20 BFP.

How long will it take with the current system do do these achievements if we are asuming a full reserve at the beginning and a constant play time without any pauses and the normal refill rate of the reserve?

Thank you very much!

It takes very long time to go below 100 BF reserve.

Probably 90-120 minutes after your complete your 45 daily minutes.

That's too long IMO.

8 minutes ago, macabi said:

That's too long IMO.

Faster time the reserve goes down means less bfp will be given out overall ?

1 minute ago, Ultrakool said:

Faster time the reserve goes down means less bfp will be given out overall ?

That was not the issue.

The question from @MutterTeresa was in relation to winning a booster by achieving BFP reserve going bellow 100, 50 and 25.

He wanted to know how long does he needs to play in order to achieve that. 

My answer was - very long.

I would suggest decreasing that time, at least for going below 100 BFP reserves.

1 hour ago, macabi said:

That was not the issue.

The question from @MutterTeresa was in relation to winning a booster by achieving BFP reserve going bellow 100, 50 and 25.

I would suggest decreasing that time, at least for going below 100 BFP reserves.

Well it would be stupid if everyone get so much boosters for nothing.It took me about 3-4 hours to get my reserves under 25 and i think its good system,bcs if reserves drain like normal everybody would get that boosters so easy and where is enjoy in that?

Ladadoos likes this

3 hours ago, macabi said:

That was not the issue.

At what point the game becomes 'too much easy'?  The guys made everything possible to be on the side of casual gamers that cannot play as much as others and tried to make the experience smooth for them as well since they can't pay up to catch up as in every other game. 

But here we are talking about 4 hours around of gameplay. If you can't even afford to give 4 hours of gameplay on a random day of your choosing  then I am sorry but how much easier do you want the game to become? 

Helping people with time issues is one thing, making the game a bit tonned down to assist the fact that p2w is removed is acceptable and demanded obviously. But dismissing the entire community of hundreds to be on the side of the few that can't even afford a few hours ONCE to get the boosters, then we shoot the game in the foot ourselves.

Ladadoos likes this

Yep, the point is that these are achievements, not straight up free boosters. You only need to get below those thresholds once, and then never again. Maybe you've not managed it in the past couple of weeks, I know I haven't, but that doesn't make it a bad system. I'm sure at some point in the next few months/years we'll be able to dedicate the time to do this.

Saying "it's to long" is like saying you should only need to play one match with the various deck types to get the mini booster that comes with the top tier of those achievements, and just devalues it. As a casual player myself, I think the team have done an amazing job reworking the system - for playing 45 mins a day you likely get 50%+ of the rewards of someone who plays every single hour of the day.

Metagross31, Ladadoos and Volin like this

5 minutes ago, RubySauce said:

I fgeI feel the issue with the achievement is that it takes way too long to reach below 25 bfp. At that low of a reserve, the recharge rate is almost as fast as how much you drain. I played games of about 17-20 minutes, giving me about 13 bfp. But the reserve also gained like 8 bfp at that point..

Yes, I agree, it can be very frustrating for those who try to make the free booster achievement thinking they are going to make it after hours of gameplay only to be disappointed later.

Either make that achievement achievable or get rid of it.

Edited by macabi

9 minutes ago, macabi said:

Either make that achievement achievable or get rid of it.

Or we realize that achievements are supposed to remain what they are: achievements. Not every achievement is for everyone and just because some players cannot finish it, is absolutely no reason to get rid of them. If anything, I would consider the reserves achievement to be the best achievement we have thus far. I have read so many players who had as goal to complete this achievement and felt rewarded once they did so. If achievements are too easy they stop being rewarding or have any meaningful impact. Plus you totally defeat the purpose of having said achievements.

There are different achievements for different people. Calling this achievement not achievable is very unfair, especially considering more than 15% of players have already completed it.

DrPsy, MephistoRoss, RayG and 3 others like this

2 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

Or we realize that achievements are supposed to remain what they are: achievements. Not every achievement is for everyone and just because some players cannot finish it, is absolutely no reason to get rid of them. If anything, I would consider the reserves achievement to be the best achievement we have thus far. I have read so many players who had as goal to complete this achievement and felt rewarded once they did so. If achievements are too easy they stop being rewarding or have any meaningful impact. Plus you totally defeat the purpose of having said achievements.

There are different achievements for different people. Calling this achievement not achievable is very unfair, especially considering more than 15% of players have already completed it.

In order to go below 100 BFP reserves a player has to play around 3 hours straight. 

If I do that I will end up hearting my hand since I am not young any more,  so for me this achievement is unachievable.

If your goal is to make certain achievements very hard to achieve then I guess you achieved your goal.

I view achievements more like quests, not too hard to achieve once you put your mind to it.

In any case, I don't think there is anything unfair about expressing an opinion.

50 minutes ago, macabi said:

If I do that I will end up hearting my hand since I am not young any more,  so for me this achievement is unachievable.

Well, I am sorry to hear that that happens to your hand, but for many players it does not. Like I mentioned there are different types of achievements, and this one simply isn't for you then. Luckily there are many other achievements that you can complete. 

53 minutes ago, macabi said:

If your goal is to make certain achievements very hard to achieve then I guess you achieved your goal.

My goal is to have different types of achievements (measurement and completion achievements of different difficulty levels) for different stages of the game (early game, mid-game and late game). That way everyone has something.

56 minutes ago, macabi said:

I view achievements more like quests, not too hard to achieve once you put your mind to it.

Well, achievements work very differently from quests and they also have different purposes than quests.

57 minutes ago, macabi said:

In any case, I don't think there is anything unfair about expressing an opinion.

I never stated that expressing an opinion is unfair. I said it is unfair to call this achievement unachievable in general and that it should be removed because very few players cannot complete it, especially considering already 15% of the current players completed it.

A friend of mine and me did that achievement (below 25bfp) 2 days ago. It took us nearly 8 hours, doing expert 4 player maps and Rpve 7-maps without a break.

Would i do it again? Hell no. But thats what achievement are meant to be right? Stupidly laborious without much gain except for a feeling of accomplishment. 

Metagross31 and Strider like this

On 12/30/2020 at 9:41 AM, macabi said:

That's too long IMO.

It took me 7.5-8 hours to do so. Same for one of my friends. 

At the moment your reserve becomes depleted - you start to receive less bfp. At 28 I had 7 for 28min play (Titans Standard)