New Quest - Play 4 Ranked PvP Games

macabi

I would like to expand on previous issue I mentioned in this thread:

In order to promote Ranked PvP games which are hard to find these days I would like to suggest a new quest:

"Play 4 Ranked PvP Games" where the reward is one Booster (instead of 75 BFP).

Such quest will bring many players to the Ranked PvP arena and losing PvP rank won't be an issue any more.

Is 2v2 PvP ranked available to us?

I never tried it so I am not sure if it is an option.

That could be a separate quest, but first we need to bring players back to the 1v1 Ranked PvP. 

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

:thinking: and why you think people would play ranked for the quest, and not sparring?

Because this quest would specifically be for "Dueling Grounds (Ranked PvP)" and NOT for "Sparring Grounds(Unranked PvP)".

We already have a general quest for PvP (Ranked and Unranked).

However, most people play Unranked, making it hard to play Ranked PvP.

Playing Rank PvP is the fastest way to gain rank which allows us to get to rank 10 where we can upgrade our Ultra cards all the way to level 3.

As I said in previous thread, I have been playing PvE one hour every day for the past 3 months, and I only managed to get to level 8.

I have been playing "Advanced" campaign and level 7 random PvE.

I managed to get to level 10 a month ago with Ranked PvP but I lost that rank fast for not being able to find rank games, despite trying every day.

Right now I am skipping that PvP quest every single time. If there are two quests, and I would get the second PvP quest after rerolling the first PvP quest I would be forced to troll around in PvP. I would just stay AFK or build towers.

Would it really improve the situation if we get more trolls in PvP?

4 hours ago, macabi said:

I have been playing "Advanced" campaign and level 7 random PvE.

You will need higher difficulties to reach higher ranks. Some Expert maps are really easy, you could start with them.

1 hour ago, Halis said:

Right now I am skipping that PvP quest every single time. If there are two quests, and I would get the second PvP quest after rerolling the first PvP quest I would be forced to troll around in PvP. I would just stay AFK or build towers.

You will need higher difficulties to reach higher ranks. Some Expert maps are really easy, you could start with them.

I don't understand what Ranked PvP got to do with trolling...

It's true that the vast majority of players who play Ranked PvP are expert players.

However, a booster reward for Ranked PvP will bring in many new players, and then the Ranking match up between players will work much better.

Also, Ranked PvP gives a great deal of gold which will benefit new players with their quest of upgrading their cards.

I played Battleforge from day one to the very last day (2009-2013) on a daily basis.

IMO, PvP is where most of the fun is.

PvE is fun at first but then after a while it gets boring and tedious.

If we want players to stick with the game longer, then give them PvP quests with booster reward.

I cannot beat "Expert" maps.

Which maps are easy to beat on Expert?

3 hours ago, Halis said:

Imagine how I feel trying to skip every rpve, campaign, and multiplayer pve quests...

Edited by Eirias
Kubik likes this

Which maps are easy to beat on Expert?

Alone: (plenty of tutorials online )

• King of the Giants, add more players and it gets more boring
  • Siege of hope, 15 minutes of doing nothing tho
  • Encounters with Twilight, literally doable with tutorial deck
  • Soultree (with amii monument)

Together (as 2 with 1 experienced player)

• Dwarfen Riddle
  • Guns of Lyr
  • Sunbridge
  • Crusade

Together (as 2-4)

• Bad Harvest Speedrun (3-4 min style)
  • Ravens End
  • Titans (less people possible but gets harder)

Not saying the other maps are hard either but those above are harder to lose even when mistakes are made.

General advice: Share orbs >> 1 player on t4 is better than 2 on t2

Edited by LEBOVIN

2 hours ago, macabi said:

I don't understand what Ranked PvP got to do with trolling...

Let me explain again: you can complete the PvP quest much easier and faster by trolling than playing. Just build some towers and wait 2:30 minutes.

It's true that the vast majority of players who play Ranked PvP are expert players.

I did not say that, but I did not see the many good PvP players online anymore. Eirias was recently often online tho.

I played Battleforge from day one to the very last day (2009-2013) on a daily basis.
IMO, PvP is where most of the fun is. 
PvE is fun at first but then after a while it gets boring and tedious. 
If we want players to stick with the game longer, then give them PvP quests with booster reward.

That's your opinion, but my opinion is different

I cannot beat "Expert" maps.

Playing all day easy Maps is easy of course. Try harder maps and you could get more fun ;)

57 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Imagine how I feel trying to skip every rpve, campaign, and multiplayer pve quests...

Feels terrible, I guess. Do PvP players sometimes use the testserver to play?

4 minutes ago, Halis said:

Let me explain again: you can complete the PvP quest much easier and faster by trolling than playing. Just build some towers and wait 2:30 minutes.

I did not say that, but I did not see the many good PvP players online anymore. Eirias was recently often online tho.

That's your opinion, but my opinion is different

Playing all day easy Maps is easy of course. Try harder maps and you could get more fun ;)

Feels terrible, I guess. Do PvP players sometimes use the testserver to play?

I cannot imagine players play 2 minutes of PvP just for the reward and not for the fun of it.

What is the point of having more cards if the player doesn't enjoy playing with them?

I believe most players enjoy PvP and play for the fun of it.

In any case, the developers can require a 5 minute minimum play time to qualify the game for the quest.

They can also require 5 or even 6 Ranked PvP games to satisfy the quest that gives a booster.

The developers can even restrict the quest to 2v2 PvP rank games (4 or 5 of them) with 10 minimum game time per each game (to win a booster). 

I always enjoy playing challenging games but I don't like it when it is too challenging.

For that reason I play Advance and Level 7 random.

18 hours ago, macabi said:

I cannot imagine players play 2 minutes of PvP just for the reward and not for the fun of it.

You need to broaden your horizon. That's exactly what I did, when I had less BFP :)

What is the point of having more cards if the player doesn't enjoy playing with them?

Having fun with the cards in PvE

I believe most players enjoy PvP and play for the fun of it. 

Most players do not play PvP ;)

In any case, the developers can require a 5 minute minimum play time to qualify the game for the quest.
They can also require 5 or even 6 Ranked PvP games to satisfy the quest that gives a booster.
The developers can even restrict the quest to 2v2 PvP rank games (4 or 5 of them) with 10 minimum game time per each game (to win a booster). 

That will not change the result. I would play PvP exactly as long as I need to finish the quest with minimal effort.

I always enjoy playing challenging games but I don't like it when it is too challenging.
For that reason I play Advance and Level 7 random.

The fun part is to master the maps which you could not beat before

I realize that many players enjoy PvE more than PvP.

However, there are many players who like PvP more than PvE, myself included.

In the Battleforge days there were many Rank and Unrank PvP games to be found, so I would like to see those days again.

That is the reason I suggested booster reward for PvP.

Players can play PvE on their own, but that is not possible for PvP.

Therefore, PvP requires extra incentive, and hopefully more players will learn to enjoy PvP.