Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
MrXLink

Announcement: Kubik's departure and progress going forward

9 hours ago, Chibiterasu said:

How much work in percent did Kubik do in this game up untill now? And I don't talk about stuff like planning things for release because that only matter if we ever reach that targeted release state of the game.

"How much work in percent" is really hard to estimate. In relation to now, earlier progress in the game was much "harder", around the time of when the backend needed to be coded from scratch, and reverse engineering to be able to enter a match. Also several tools were made to help with this development. After most things were "figured out" there was a total rewrite of the server in a different coding language. This all happened before Kubik even joined the team. Kubik later did a lot of rewriting code to increase performance and stability. We, the team as a whole, have always been and are still always grateful to every single dev that has poured his time, hard work and dedication into the project. 

9 hours ago, Chibiterasu said:

So I really need to question his stubborness when he would rather let the main developer leave this project instead of relent to some design ideas that might not originally be supposed to be in the development.

To explain the situation in further detail, we were having a team meeting two weeks ago, and things seemed to work well, we were giving feedback on ideas about the new BFP system, everything seemed to go well. About a week and a half ago, Kubik announced that he would no longer be willing to work in the same team as MrXLink, demanding either Link's departure from the team or threatening his own. We tried our darndest to convince him, and tried to steer discussion towards resolving issues, Kubik basically made it clear that he wasn't interested in that discussion, and stood firmly on his choice that we either had to oust Link or he will leave himself. Kubik was unwilling to work with Link, unwilling to compromise on his personal feud towards Link he made the decision to put that before the team and the project.

40 minutes ago, Kubik said:

Team chose MrXLink over me with words that: "it is much easier to find a capable developer, than any designer, so MrXLink can not leave because then there would be no one to design the BFP system. And even if it would end up the oposite way and MrXLink would leave, they would not like me for kickim him out." 

Nobody said it would be easier to find a developer than a designer in the meeting and it really wasnt about who is more valuable. We didnt choose MrXLink over you, the whole point was that the team didnt want to choose between any of you at all. We wanted you both to stay. We emphasized on clearing issues so we could keep working together as a team, but nevertheless you made the decision to leave yourself.

Ultrakool, MrXLink and Shalade like this

43 minutes ago, Kubik said:

That is very hard question to determine, percentage of what?
If it should be percentage of code used it would be very close to 100%, anything else I have no idea how would you like to measure it.

Most probably not. Team chose MrXLink over me with words that: "it is much easier to find a capable developer, than any designer, so MrXLink can not leave because then there would be no one to design the BFP system. And even if it would end up the oposite way and MrXLink would leave, they would not like me for kickim him out." So only option I see is to continue without MrXLink, and SR team.

You called out MrX for lying and deceiveing, and now you're doing it yourself. Just as you would say, dictionary definition of a hypocrite.

We didn't choose anything, you just refused any kind of discussion before one of you leaves.

MrXLink and Shalade like this

3 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

You called out MrX for lying and deceiveing, and now you're doing it yourself

What of that is lie? Close to 100% rewite? MrXLink said that it is easired to find a developer, because the team already found multiple developers in the past, and that no one in the 4000 active player is capable of doing game design.

If you chosing from 2 options, then saying not option A automatically mean option B.

I just wonder of MrXLink keep any statistic how many developers he get from active development already. (because I know I was not the only one)

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

What of that is lie? Close to 100% rewite? MrXLink said that it is easired to find a developer, because the team already found multiple developers in the past, and that no one in the 4000 active player is capable of doing game design.

If you chosing from 2 options, then saying not option A automatically mean option B.

I just wonder of MrXLink keep any statistic how many developers he get from active development already. (because I know I was not the only one)

"Team chose MrXLink" - I'm refering to this, no one chose anyone because you were constantly interrupting the discussion with "who leaves, me or you", refusing to even remotely try to sort things out in the almost 3h long meeting, when we all finally got together and started more indepth talks. You're again making it look like you're innocent and was forced out, when in fact you voluntarily left without anyone chosing MrX or picking sides. I'm pretty sure everyone stated they would not be picking sides, everyone wanted to sort this out. Well, everyone except you.

I also don't understand what's your play with this, win over people so you can take shots at us even more?

Here's a statistic for you: I know only of a one single developer that caused this much drama and aftermath after, what looked like, normal parting ways.

Shalade, Ultrakool, MrXLink and 1 other like this

Where you get it was 3 hours long? I was not part of that meeting then because my phone battery run out after about an hour. Maybe you should replay the recoding if you have it, but I think Ultrkools exact words was "I can not imagine continuing without MrXLink".

I was trying to work with MrXLink for long enough (2 years) and I just give up after that long.

How many times I interupted discussion about that topic, if you have the recoding and I did it even once please make it public and shame on me, but you can not do because I did not interupt discussion about this at all. But I pointed out this topic few times when you changed topic to how to fix MrXLink's system.

10 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

I also don't understand what's your play with this, win over people so you can take shots at us even more?

I just answered to you accusing me of lying.

7 hours ago, Kubik said:

Maybe you should replay the recoding if you have it, but I think Ultrkools exact words was "I can not imagine continuing without MrXLink".

lol no

Posted (edited)

First: Thank you all for getting the game running again!
After 10 years i was finally able to enjoy this gem again with my friends. This was a fucking wholesome experience for me. Thanks <3

Please give yourself some credit and put your names in the launcher, credits or put special tags in-game, so players know, who they are dealing with, give thanks.
As someone who just plays i had to dig in the forums to get a glimpse of who is working on the game. I doubt that a large percentage of players
partake in the community and most of them just come by to check the FAQ or get the client running. So most people are not going to know who you are...

as for getting knee deep where i don't belong, but care:

@Kubik I didn't know about your efforts. Thanks for your work. I hope you stick around. People can't be changed but you can chose what you focus on.
You made them choose because you know that you put in a lot, a whole lot of hard work the past years that couldn't be accomplished by the rest of the team in that time frame*. I believe you deserve respect, lack credit and should be known for your efforts.
You can't expect the team to understand your struggles if you don't express your position.
The teams position to keep@MrXLink  instead of you is not about them choosing him above you or thinking that your work is less worth than @MrXLinks.
It's them not understanding what you are expressing and keeping the vision of Skylords alive. You see option A, B
There is also C, rate your action as arbitrary by not understanding you and choosing to keep you both if you want thus resulting again in B, but
its not B since you have to option to keep working. Only a fool throws away this much work because of emotions, which * clearly you are not...

Edited by rodnocle

if it will be released with MrXLink's system in the form I last seen it, I do not want my name anywhere near that.

I did not throw out anything, except 2 years of unsuccessfu cooperation with MrXLink.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Kubik said:

if it will be released with MrXLink's system in the form I last seen it, I do not want my name anywhere near that.

I did not throw out anything, except 2 years of unsuccessfu cooperation with MrXLink.

@Kubik Okay i understand your point. This system makes no sense.

Edited by rodnocle

Posted (edited)

I as a player.... and supporter of this project, would like to point out that we do not need to see the dirty laundry aired in public.  I would request that All Mods / Devs keep this to the private forums the mods can see.

This is not what we need to see.

Edited by Darian DelFord
Treim and Astrovador like this

22 hours ago, Darian DelFord said:

I as a player.... and supporter of this project, would like to point out that we do not need to see the dirty laundry aired in public.  I would request that All Mods / Devs keep this to the private forums the mods can see.

This is not what we need to see.

I agree that it is pretty rough to see these kind of discussions out in the wild, instead of sticking to private channels, but I understand the reaction coming from the moderation team, given that Kubik, from what I've read both in Discord and in the forums in the last months, is prone to beginning arguments and pointing fingers with no form of etiquette, throwing any professional speech off the figurative window.

Excluding the work he has done in the project, it is normal to have creative discrepancies with other team members, especially when comes to a game that a lot of this community loves and appreciates, but throwing a tantrum at every step of the way, and doing so in public channels, with no regards to the rest of the team's opinion, is unprofessional, and paints the development team in a really bad light, let alone asking the team itself to choose between two of its members.

It's unheard of in other game restoration projects, and of course unacceptable in any development team in any company in the world.

fiki574 and MrXLink like this

Posted (edited)

Want to quickly thank Kubik for his great work. His openness, friendliness and willingness to communicate (towards me at least, cannot assess the climate in your team)
and the hard work he put in this project. 

But the others are right, the dirty laundry should not be aired in public. Clarifies this in private and remains professional. 

Wish you all the best on your further ways Kubik.

Edited by ImperatorSK