PvP Rank Drops too Fast

macabi

As you all know, it is very hard to find Rank PvP games at certain times.

I try to play Rank PvP every day with long wait times between games.

Despite that, in some days I cannot find any games.

The best time for me to play is in the evenings after 7 PM Eastern time (US).

I don't have much time to play earlier than that.

The problem is - my PvP rank drops a lot on days that I am unable to find games.

As a result of that I dropped from level 10 to level 3 in a short period of time which is preventing me from upgrading some of my ultra rare cards.

Therefore, would suggest slowing the rate of rank decrease for PvP.

A 1000 point decrease a day for not playing PvP should be sufficient.

I would like to change this suggestion to a report of an existing issue that needs to be resolved.

I must say this issue is very frustrating because it prevents me from upgrading my Ultra cards.

Something needs to be done about this.

While I agree the wait times are a tad long especially attempting to complete the quests.  I agree with you but for a completely different reason.

HOwever if memory servers you can achieve Rank 10 in PvE and upgrades your cards.  Once upgraded you should not lose the upgrade.

With the current ranked participation 30 games per month are too many in my opinion. I think it is good to have an activity check, but I still think 15-20 games per month should be more than enough to see, that a player still participates in the ranked que (even during EA times the amount of games required to get back to full activity was much lower). Finding opponents is really hard and you really need to grind alot to even see your "true" rank on the leaderboard.

13 hours ago, Darian DelFord said:

While I agree the wait times are a tad long especially attempting to complete the quests.  I agree with you but for a completely different reason.

HOwever if memory servers you can achieve Rank 10 in PvE and upgrades your cards.  Once upgraded you should not lose the upgrade.

I have been playing one or two PvE games (campaign and Random) every day for the past 3 months mostly on Advance.

Yet, I have only reached level 7 which prevents me from upgrading Ultra cards.

This means that leveling up on PvE takes too long.

11 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

We are also thinking about removing/lowering the rank requirement for upgrades. 

That would work too.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, macabi said:

I have been playing one or two PvE games (campaign and Random) every day for the past 3 months mostly on Advance.

I saw good players getting Gold 3 in a week

19 hours ago, macabi said:

I am not sure what you are trying to say.

With rank Gold 2 you can already buy all upgrades. You can reach that rank within a week:

On 4/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, macabi said:

11 hours ago, Halis said:

With rank Gold 2 you can already buy all upgrades. You can reach that rank within a week:

The problem is - I have hard time finding Rank games.

I try every day and some days I can't find any games, and my PvP rank keeps dropping because of that.

I play after 6 PM Eastern Time (US) and at that time almost nobody plays rank.

I managed to get to Rank 10 with PvP but then I dropped to rank 3 because I couldn't find any ranked games for over a week.

It seems like most players are in Europe.

I don't mind the rank going down, but perhaps we can still keep a little difference?

Common -  uncommon -  rare -  ultra rare

U1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

U2 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

U3 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

(numbers = rank)

Edited by LEBOVIN

37 minutes ago, LEBOVIN said:

I don't mind the rank going down, but perhaps we can still keep a little difference?

Common -  uncommon -  rare -  ultra rare

U1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

U2 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

U3 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

(numbers = rank)

Any reason why?

Boring to have em all the same, also my wikitable remains purposefully,

Secondly the rank is too low anyway. its reduced from 170k xp for most expensive upgrade now down to 5k xp.

At this point u can remove the entire limit, as everybody will have the rank requirements met but not the actual gold to get the upgrade

Edited by LEBOVIN

I really like that all cards have now the same requirements for all cards. I rarely saw a player, who understood the old system with different ranks for different rarities.

The rank is pretty low, but I think that is intentional

Ofc it is intentional but, you know just aswell that when it is this low, it is not necessary to have the rank restriction at all, cause the player doesn't have the thousands of gold required to actually upgrade the ultra rares, and has no way to get the gold besides playing which automatically puts his level above the rank restriction. Keeping a feature, that after the proposed change, has no practical relevance anymore, is what might be confusing for players.

Edited by LEBOVIN

So if I understand it correctly this change is to "remove" the exp level restriction for the higher rarity upgrades. 

I'm not an expert about the best ways gathering gold or experience, but in my experience normal pve maps (on expert) are good to get experience and the easiest way to get gold in a short time is by playing rpve. Maybe it's faster to get gold by playing certain normal pve maps on expert as well if you speedrun them, but for me removing the higher experience restriction feels like removing the main purpose to play normal pve maps (other than quests). 

As I said I'm not an expert on the best ways to gain gold/experience, but as a casual player I thought this was the main strategy.

3 minutes ago, oehoi said:

easiest way to get gold in a short time is by playing rpve

Only beginners play rPvE to get gold :p The easiest way to get gold is to play GoL position 1 & 2 (You basically stay T1 for 10 minutes and get 10k Gold)

1 hour ago, oehoi said:

So if I understand it correctly this change is to "remove" the exp level restriction for the higher rarity upgrades. 

I'm not an expert about the best ways gathering gold or experience, but in my experience normal pve maps (on expert) are good to get experience and the easiest way to get gold in a short time is by playing rpve. Maybe it's faster to get gold by playing certain normal pve maps on expert as well if you speedrun them, but for me removing the higher experience restriction feels like removing the main purpose to play normal pve maps (other than quests). 

As I said I'm not an expert on the best ways to gain gold/experience, but as a casual player I thought this was the main strategy.

We also don't want to force people to play PvE and wait so long to be able to upgrade U3 cards.

macabi likes this

but isnt this somefing that also was in Old BF? i think its ok that "new" players or player without a Rank can upgrates every card. For me its sounds like somone is Cry about nothing. For me its also like that next time comes a player that think its unfair to not have all cards for PVP or PVE, so u give next all cards to all users, just cause some people want that?

AND pls dont get me wrong. Rank is Dropper super fast true. but like RadicalX sayd, half of the drroping rate sould be fair aswell.

/wanky

ps: just as reminder: it was in MY point of view. 

(i also not like the mission to force me to play PVP as quest, i always loose 25BFP cause i need to reroll them, but for the PVP player it is the same with CPVE or RPVE maps)

On 4/17/2020 at 5:22 PM, wanky said:

but isnt this somefing that also was in Old BF? i think its ok that "new" players or player without a Rank can upgrates every card. For me its sounds like somone is Cry about nothing. For me its also like that next time comes a player that think its unfair to not have all cards for PVP or PVE, so u give next all cards to all users, just cause some people want that?

AND pls dont get me wrong. Rank is Dropper super fast true. but like RadicalX sayd, half of the drroping rate sould be fair aswell.

/wanky

ps: just as reminder: it was in MY point of view. 

(i also not like the mission to force me to play PVP as quest, i always loose 25BFP cause i need to reroll them, but for the PVP player it is the same with CPVE or RPVE maps)

It's true that Battleforge had similar system.

However, it was easy to find Ranked PvP games with Battleforge and therefore easy to arrive to rank 10.

However, with Skylords it is very hard to find PvP Ranked games during the evening hours (US time).

I dropped from PvP level 10 to level 3 and now I have hard time going back to level 10 because I cannot find games on Ranked PvP.

Therefore, this is a big issue.

Edited by macabi
Halis likes this

but still isnt this a issue from Game or how the rank is work. its simple: There are not enough PVP players. Cause they still wait for the wipe, insted of helping the game work, with bug reports and anything eles.