Game Freezes for seconds then fast forward

The3X

So I started playing today.

I did the Tutorial and in the next few solo PvE missions I encountered a weird thing.

All of the sudden the game looks like it freezed. The units just stop movement, like the game is paused. I can still give commands, summon units or use magic but nothing happens.

Then after 5-15 seconds the game goes in fast forward mode (very fast) and catches up what happened in that time, but only needs 1 second for it. 

So basically I miss the opportunity to order my units based on what is happening for that time.

I tried to counter that weird thing by pausing the game (pressing ESC). It works in some way. The amount of time I spend in the esc-menu is not fastforwarded so I don't lose it.

But if I am in that ESC-Menu while the fastforward happens (so the freeze ends) then I stay in that paused-mode no matter what I do. I can press ESC as many times as I want then, the game stays paused for forever and I must abort the mission.

So I have either the opportunity to admit that I cannot order my units around for ~10 seconds every few minutes (happens irregular, sometimes needs 15 minutes or 30 minutes for the next gap. Sometimes shorter).

Or I try to pause while freeze and hope to unpause soon enough so the game doesn't stay paused after freeze.

Is that freeze some kind of server problem? My computer seems working fine while the freeze. I can still order, summon, etc. Just the game doesn't react to it - seems like a looong lag, where there is no connection to the server.

This bug makes the game unplayable.

Edit: Additionally I will check my internet connectivity to see whether it is my fault that the connection might be instable.

Edited by The3X

well I didn't look at the time. But twice I exited the whole game because I was in paused state as the fast forward happened and therefore it stayed paused. So you can concentrate more on the end, there must be at least one freeze in the end.

Edit: Okay it looks like I had internet problems myself. Weird however how that turned out for the game. I will test it again later this day and see if my fixed internet will fix this issue.

Thanks for help.

Edit2: Problem fixed. If anyone else will get that bug: It is caused by problems with server communication (i.e. when your internet has problems).

My internet connection was rarely unstable and caused this.

Edited by The3X

• Kiwi locked this topic