Converting Gold to BFP and Vice Versa

macabi

I heard some players have so much Gold and they don't know what to do with it.

I on the other would love to convert BFP to gold so I can upgrade my Ultra cards to level 3 (15,000 gold).

So how about an option to convert BFP to Gold, as well as converting Gold to BFP?

I would say that 200 Gold = 1 BFP.

That would generate over 50 000 :bf: for some players O.o

Why would be then reason to have BFP and Gold if they would be just convertible to each other?

Are you avare that this would allow speedrunners to dominate the market very easily, and they would have all cards in few days?

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

Why would be then reason to have BFP and Gold if they would be just convertible to each other?

Are you avare that this would allow speedrunners to dominate the market very easily, and they would have all cards in few days?

Well, I have put in a suggestion, still pretty much uncommented in the BFP thread, in where exchange ratio would be 1000 gold to 1 BFP. That would mean my current gold amount to be turned into ~7173 BFPs. Not an excessive amount I would say...

1746948610_millionsandmillions.jpg.f3bb800dde157763a352d61a6ef952bb.jpg

Also, this is the amount I have after having ~520 cards, all fully upgraded...

For your last comment then, after reset there will be a lot of people chasing cards, will there be enough cards out there on the AH for this to actually be a problem? I don't think so, instead I believe after reset the community will suffer bad from card shortage given the current suggestions on how things would be handled. A quick calculation on the ultra rare cards and for one particular one, Infect:

Lets say there are 50 extreme speed runners and with that there are 66 ultra rares in my collection right now. Every one of these speedrunners need 4 Infect cards to have it fully upgrade and charged, how many boosters then would need to be opened to actually provide those 200 Infect? With the current ratio presented in numerous threads, the chance of getting an Ultra rare in a booster is 19.5% (or every ~5th booster). In order to do this simply I have done the following:

Every 5th booster * 66 Ultra rares * 4 charges * 50 players = 66000 boosters - my calculations I hope are correct, but I am not a math guy..when after the reset do you hope this to have happened?

And, please give me one reason for why speed to get cards and upgrades for this game is bad? 

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
Forgot one thing...

66000 is not that much that will be openen in first few days after reset.

14 minutes ago, Ponni said:

And, please give me one reason for why speed to get cards and upgrades for this game is bad? 

Do you know how many people already left because they have all the cards they want, and nothing more to achieve?

Why (almost) no one play on test server, where they have all cards? Because there is nothing more to achieve.

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

66000 is not that much that will be openen in first few days after reset.

Do you know how many people already left because they have all the cards they want, and nothing more to achieve?

Why (almost) no one play on test server, where they have all cards? Because there is nothing more to achieve.

I claim the following also, people leave because they cannot achieve (lack of knowledge, lack of resources, etc) things in the game so what is your point on this? I am still here, am I not, with all cards unlocked and upgraded. I give that you gave me one reason but then I refrase my question, please give me one good reason why speed is bad?

Also, please answer my questions above in more details, how fast will 66000 boosters be opened, now when the daily booster is discussed to be removed? Also take into the account all players joining after the reset will be chasing this card, and other ones, I guess there are more than 50 that wants Infect, right?

// Ponni

For the fun of it, I calculated if all the 4000 players joining after reset would be chasing Infect:

5 * 66 * 4 * 4000 = 5 280 000 boosters, how long will that take?

Edited by Ponni
typo

I do not remember anyone saying that reason to leave is "lack of knowledge or lack of resources". But I heard from many people that they have nothing else to do, they was asking for account reset so they can collect all card again.

I go only from your number 66000 boosters. I take into account a pesimistic estimation 5000 players. And count 3 starting boosters, few boosters for achievements for completing first few maps, then achievement for completing daily quests, then achievements for completing more maps. And my estimation is that 66000 boosters will be opened in about 3 days.

Speedrunners and PvP players might use almost only borrowed cards after release, but all these depend on the "new BFP" system and other things.

14 minutes ago, Kubik said:

I do not remember anyone saying that reason to leave is "lack of knowledge or lack of resources". But I heard from many people that they have nothing else to do, they was asking for account reset so they can collect all card again.

I go only from your number 66000 boosters. I take into account a pesimistic estimation 5000 players. And count 3 starting boosters, few boosters for achievements for completing first few maps, then achievement for completing daily quests, then achievements for completing more maps. And my estimation is that 66000 boosters will be opened in about 3 days.

Speedrunners and PvP players might use almost only borrowed cards after release, but all these depend on the "new BFP" system and other things.

Well, just quickly on your first point. In game I have played with and chatted with numerous newbies, which nowadays are not playing anymore. Our discussion mainly were around the difficulties to actually get somewhere, with cards and completing PvE campaign maps, etc. So, my take on it is that they left because they could not achieve things, maybe lack of interest is also one big contender here, I am not sure. But again, I am still here so who is this game for, those who will quit or those who will and could stay?

Anyhow, so your 5000 players would then need to open 6 585 000 boosters (after having opened the 15 000 starting boosters) to get a full set of Infect and with the rate you mention above that would take around 300 days. Good to know...

// Ponni

21 minutes ago, Kubik said:

so 300 days for everyone to have all cards? That is very short time

Well, is it? As you have stated before, after some time people have collected everything and will leave, so over time less and less boosters will be opened. Right? Also, 300 days is for a perfect setup and everyone playing every day buying boosters like crazy...

I can give you another example:

I have opened maybe 800 boosters now, and I think I am one of the few guys actually doing this. This is then for ~15 months of play. So, if everyone would be doing like me it would for 15 months (or ~450 days) be 4 000 000 boosters opened. That would not be enough for everyone to have Infect fully upgraded.

Would it be possible to share how many booster that have been opened the last 24 months, or since the open stress test began?

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
typo

15 minutes ago, Kubik said:

since November 1, 2018 18:16:40 there was opened 820542 boosters, most people exited about opening boosters left during first 2 moths because of very common bugs.

Ok, thanks and sure I understand the number of very active players are less as we speak, but with this opened boosters number I am still concerned on the ways ahead.

// Ponni

33 minutes ago, Kubik said:

Actually amount of active players is increasing last few months

Perhaps, but then again I think there is a big difference in what active means for different players. People truly active in PvP, PvE multiplayer campaign maps or Market place is not really where it should and need to be. Even Battlegrounds can sometimes be quiet.

Anyhow, my point in this discussion drifted a bit. I agree with  @macabi  that gold and bfp should have the possibility to be exchanged on your account. However, I think ratio should be 1000 gold to 1 bfp. Also, you should be able to trade/give gold to other people.

// Ponni

7 hours ago, Kubik said:

Kubik,

You are right, 1 BFP for every 100 gold is too much.

I agree with Ponni, 1 BFP for every 1000 gold is more appropriate considering the fact that some players have so much gold.

Let us not forget that players play game mostly for the fun.

I realize that Skylords/Battleforge is very addictive when it comes to accumulating cards and upgrades.

That contributes to players sticking with the game longer.

But the reality is that gamers get bored with games at some point and just move on to the next game.

So the fact that experienced players left the game means only that they had enough with the game. that's is normal.

I would argue that new players are the ones that are are leaving the game.

Most of the players I play with are very experienced players.

I used to play Battleforge from day of release in 2009 until closure day in 2013 on a daily basis.

I spent around a $1000 on the game buying cards, and I had all the cards, all upgrades, and almost all charges.

Back then I used to beat most of the players Online.

Now I lose to 90% of them.

I am 57 years old so I am not fast as you young kids, but I play decently.

So I think the developers should focus on attracting new players in higher numbers so they don't leave the game right away from being frustrated from their repeated PvP losses.

So bottom line, converting BFP to Gold will help new players to achieve upgrades they cannot get early on.

why would anyone want to play PvP in this game? Have you ever see and epic batle of big monsters in PvP (like shown on propagation videos)?
Just kidding, of course someone will want to play PvP.

I think the case of PvP players would be best solved by borrowed cards (pay upfront, or get reduced rewards to borrow cards fully upgraded), but that is question of "new BFP system"

25 minutes ago, Kubik said:

I think the case of PvP players would be best solved by borrowed cards (pay upfront, or get reduced rewards to borrow cards fully upgraded), but that is question of "new BFP system"

What is this "borrowed card" thing? Do you have any details to share on this and how it will work? Only thing I can find on this are old posts from 2015-2016...

// Ponni

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

why would anyone want to play PvP in this game? Have you ever see and epic batle of big monsters in PvP (like shown on propagation videos)?
Just kidding, of course someone will want to play PvP.

Kubik,

Did you play Battlforge when it was alive?

2v2 PvP used to have battles between XL units in most games and that is still the case today (when you can find 2v2 PvP).

However, when they added the 3v3 PvP later on we started to see epic Era 4 XL battles which were great.

Some games lasted 30 minutes.

Those were the good all days :)

PvE is boring compared to 3v3 PvP games with era 4 units.

If you bring in more players via some advertisement then the PvP glory days of Battleforge will return.  :)

Edited by macabi

Regarding the currency exchange: 

As you criticize having too little Gold having a conversion of 1000 Gold granting you 1 BFP, doesnt really solve the problem. As that decreases your gold.

if that is meant to be both ways, so also 1 BFP can be converted into 1000 Gold, which means you can get 570,000 Gold just by doing dailys + selling ur booster. This sounds like too much too me, hence I suggested in my Balance proposal only an Exchange rate of 1 BFP grants 100 Gold. and only in that direction. Those 57k gold should be definitely enough as additional daily gold income if you give up your entire daily bfp income for it.

Edited by LEBOVIN

2 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

As you criticize having too little Gold having a conversion of 1000 Gold granting you 1 BFP, doesnt really solve the problem. As that decreases your gold.

if that is meant to be both ways, so also 1 BFP can be converted into 1000 Gold, which means you can get 570,000 Gold just by doing dailys + selling ur booster. This sounds like too much too me, hence I suggested in my Balance proposal only an Exchange rate of 1 BFP grants 100 Gold. and only in that direction. Those 57k gold should be definitely enough as additional daily gold income if you give up your entire daily bfp income for it.

Well, gold aswell as BFP will ultimately become obsolete, if you stick around and play a lot. As mentioned above I have around 7 million gold now (with having all cards and those cards are fully upgraded and all lot with a charges. I guess you have even more gold than me...).

However, I agree with you, 570K sounds a lot...but that is if you spend all your earned BFPs on gold. That sounds like something my kids would do, lets buy candy for the full allowance but then there is nothing left for the toy you also want to buy later, bummer. My initial suggestion would mean that an Ultra rare card would cost ~30 BFP to upgrade with complete charges which I feel is ok, but perhaps a bit on the lower end. For your suggestion it would mean it would cost ~300 BFP which I think is too much. There are 66 ultra rare cards in my collection and those would cost you ~20000 BFP to get upgraded with full charges (that is ~35 days of continuosly playing the game to have it done and then you would only buy gold for your BFP nothing left for cards or boosters). A common card would cost ~30 BFPs to upgrade, an uncommon would cost ~60 and a rare would cost ~150 BFPs to upgrade. After a quick check how many cards there are of which rarity I came to this total sum to have all cards upgraded with BFPs turned into gold (ratio 1 to 100) = 54 600. That is nearly 100 days of playing the game only transferring BFP to gold to do upgrades. It is too much.

Now, looking at the daily allowance from the game I still feel the ratios I put earlier are reasonable, perhaps it could be tweaked with a limit on how much gold you could exchange from BFPs every day, maybe 50K or 100K could be enough.

Tracking back to the start of this post, in the end all of the above will not matter much as we all will be rich as hell in both gold and BFPs. But when you start the game I think more options are needed to get people to stay, hence possibility to exchange gold and BFPs in both directions and even making gold tradeable between players.

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni

5 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

I agree with you that converting BFP to gold at 1:1000 ratio is too much, although no one is going to spend all his BFP on gold since we need new cards too.

So 200 gold for 1 BFP sounds reasonable to me, while 1000 gold gives you 1 BFP.

Kubik likes this

3 minutes ago, Darian DelFord said:

Sorry I have to say an emphatic NO to any type of conversion.

You really have no idea how easy it is to get gold.

It's easy for expert players with all the charges and upgrades.

Not so easy for new players who start with nothing.

16 minutes ago, macabi said:

It's easy for expert players with all the charges and upgrades.

Not so easy for new players who start with nothing.

Granted I have been around BF since 2008.   However currently my deck level is only 40 I think.  I can still farm gold quite easily if I so choose.

Edited by Darian DelFord

1 minute ago, Darian DelFord said:

Granted I have been around BF since 2008.   However currently my deck level is only 40 I think.  I can still farm gold quite easily if I so choose.

You must be a better player than me.

I played Bf from 2009 to 2013 and I just got back to the game around 6 weeks ago.

I can beat Advanced most of the time and Expert is still a challenge for me.

Back then I used to beat random PvE level 8.

Today I managed to beat level 7 which gave me 2200 gold for 25 minute of game play.

So at this rate assuming I play 30 minutes a day, I can upgrade Ultra level 3 once a week.

Doesn't sound so easy to me.