No Time Left Indicator for Auction

macabi

cause is "unknown", because it is somehow hard to reproduce. Server do "cleanup" of the auctions evry ~2 minutes, so all auctions that end within those two minutes have negative "time to end", and these should be excluded from the visible list, but because of implementation detail what will be exluded is computed sooner, that the time for the display, so some auctions can get negative time when computing the time left, even thou they was not ended yet, when when the filtering happen.

If that is the case and you try to bid on them you get already ended error.

We do not have the source code for the game so adding new values is not that easy. and your text would not fit on screen anyway.

And only 4 people reported to see this so it is probably very rare. (or no one care?)

18 hours ago, Kubik said:

cause is "unknown", because it is somehow hard to reproduce. Server do "cleanup" of the auctions evry ~2 minutes, so all auctions that end within those two minutes have negative "time to end", and these should be excluded from the visible list, but because of implementation detail what will be exluded is computed sooner, that the time for the display, so some auctions can get negative time when computing the time left, even thou they was not ended yet, when when the filtering happen.

If that is the case and you try to bid on them you get already ended error.

We do not have the source code for the game so adding new values is not that easy. and your text would not fit on screen anyway.

And only 4 people reported to see this so it is probably very rare. (or no one care?)

It is not that rare.

I saw that a few times in the past month, so I bet everybody see that but they are too lazy to report it.

In any case, it's not a big deal.

I am happy to say that when it comes down to the important aspects of the game such as PvP and PvE I haven't encountered any problems.

No out of sync and no crashes.

That is the most important thing.

Personally, I believe the game is ready for wide Open Beta.

On 2/25/2020 at 11:41 PM, Kubik said:

How you know you did not encounter out of sync games?

You really think the BFP system is any good?

Out of sync causes games to terminate early, so I haven't experienced that problem yet.

Not sure I understand what you are referring to when you mention "BFP system".

On 2/27/2020 at 2:46 AM, Kubik said:

"out of sync PVP games" can end by both players winning :( in which case no one need to notice, unless these players chat about that game.

"BFP system" the way how BFP are given to players, the amounts, the requirements, ...

I never had a game where I won when I was supposed to lose.

So if that is an existing issue, then it is a rare one.

I don't think the BFP system is balanced, but that is a topic where 1000 people will have 1000 different opinions.

The point is, the way it is set up is not a bug, and it is not interfering with game experience like bugs and crashes do. 

Personally, I think PvE and Unranked PvP games should give much more gold reward, similar to Ranked PvP if not more.

Under the current system it takes forever to upgrade your cards with the way the game is set up now.

The one million gold you gave me (thank you again) is already gone and it was enough only for 100 cards or so (mainly for Common, Uncommon, and some rare and no ultra rare).

My guess is it would take 5 million+ gold to upgrade all the cards in the game?

If I play all game types other than ranked PvP (which is hard to find an opponent) every day for an hour then I will earn 1000-2000 gold a day.

This means it will take me around 3 years to earn one million gold and 15 years to earn the 5 million+ gold to upgrade all the cards in the game.

Surely the developers can increase the gold rewards for unranked PvP and PvE to match ranked PvP where you can earn 3000 gold while playing Ranked PvP for 10 minutes of game type (if you win).

Today, I played a 45 minute PvE campaign game and got only 500 gold.

So, yes, the game is not balanced and I just gave you my opinion about it.

The point with out of sync issue was that unless oponent tell you something that does not match with what you seen you will never know the game was out of sync.

There was only one example when 2 people in two different channels on discord was saying how they defeated the other person, they both played the match and no one of them noticed anything weird, but both of them win. Someone noticed it, and they start checking replays....

:thinking: did you want to say increase ranked PvP to match PvE where you can earn over 10000 gold per minute?

"Today, I played a 45 minute PvE campaign game and got only 500 gold." Did you get upgrades? Was the upgrades disenchanted to gold?

Playing PvE is by far most profitable right now, you can also find calculations how much somewhere here on forum.

So 1 milion gold does not seem like too much, there are people that have over 90% of cards fully upgraded and still have more than that and do not know what to do with that gold.

For me this seems like major issue, because some people complain they do not have enough, and some do not know what to do with all the gold. But even bigger issue is BFP distribution :(

I have been playing all game types, so here is what I experienced so far:

Ranked PvP games give the most gold - 3000+ gold in 10-15 minute game if you win, half of that if you lose.

Shorter games give less.

Random PvE level 6 - I get 1000-1500 gold for 25-27 minute game.

PvE  campaign on standard gives even less when converting upgrades to gold (50 - 100 gold per card conversion).

The rest is earned via gold chests (200-500 gold).

So the total of gold earned in standard PvE campaign (assuming both cards are converted to gold) is less than a 1000.

That's nothing. 

So those who earn so much gold are the experienced gamers who play mostly Ranked PvP games during peek hours.

They can earn 30,000+ gold a day for 10 games (1 - 2 hours of gameplay)

But the rest of us who suck in PvP and play mostly PvE earn almost no gold (1000 - 2000 gold a day assuming one hour game time).

So my suggestion is to increase the gold reward for random PvE where level 6 gives 10,000 gold and then higher levels give even more.

Remember, level 6 PvE game lasts 27 minutes.

Campaign PvE should give more gold for card conversion (1000 - 5000 per card) and 5000 extra gold in addition to that.

Unranked PvP games should also give 2000-3000 gold for every 10 minute game time to match ranked PvP games.

5 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

So apparently you never tried expert pve :0

I don't have enough charges for "Expert".

I can beat "Advanced" in most cases/maps but not having enough charges makes it hard.

So I am taking my time and play the easy difficulty to get more familiar with the maps.

When it become too easy and as I obtain more charges I can move on to "Advanced"

Kubik,

As I mentioned on the other post, I will post screen shots of the gold rewards for my games to prove that PvE Campaign gives much less gold than what the chart say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trb_4FxvSp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPqRXd-9EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LAzuMCkw2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NmzbwdhGl0

Here are a few I found.

If u find one person that is experienced you also can do the support part on almost all expert multiplayer missions quite simply with an under leveled deck.

On 2/28/2020 at 1:21 PM, LEBOVIN said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trb_4FxvSp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPqRXd-9EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LAzuMCkw2I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NmzbwdhGl0

Here are a few I found.

If u find one person that is experienced you also can do the support part on almost all expert multiplayer missions quite simply with an under leveled deck.

Lebovin,

So I watched the first one (treasure fleet) and played it on expert.

It was tough (lost my first wagon) but the rest made it.

Here is the screen shot.

Battleforge - expert - Tresure Fleet.gif

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

if the second card would be disenchanted to gold, how far would you be from 2800 gold per 17 minutes match

This expert map was tough for me and it took me more than 30 minutes since I lost the first wagon.

Towards the end of the game I ran out of charges and almost didn't make it.

I joined the game less than two months ago so my decks are not fully charged.

That makes it harder to complete Expert maps.

Imagine the frustration if the player plays for 30 minutes only to lose the last wagon because of luck of charges and then earn nothing.

That almost happened to me.

That is why I think the game needs to be more friendly and more rewarding for new players.

26 minutes ago, Kubik said:

:thinking: you can not add charges to the tutorial deck

I played with my own deck (you can see it on the attached screen shot).

I had Amii Monument in my deck so I can go to the fourth Era without having to conquer the forth monument.

Without 4th era units I would have lost the game.

I would have no chance with the tutorial deck.

Whoever played this map on Expert is a very good player (probably top 5%).

Most players cannot do what he did with the tutorial deck.

Edited by macabi

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use