[Suggestion] Time on messages.

ktoeto

I wonder how hard is it to implement a time near the messages you're being sent ; Private messages, and Global chat.

Seems like it would be a nice feature.

EDIT: Time should be just like the one you have set on your pc.

Edited by ktoeto

right now impossible to implement it in the client, because the game do not know the "real" time. (it only know how much time passed since the game started)

Sending the time from server as part of each message text would be easy, but you would see time in server time zone, not your own which would be extremely confusing.

Another reason why it does not seem like a good idea is screen space. Did you consider players that have smaller monitors than 1920x1080? How many characters of message would be on single line for them, with the timestamp included?

I am working on a solution that would allow me to add "real" time to game easily among other things, and it would also allow me to add the timestamp conditionally based on user settings. So maybe then, because any of the first two options does not seem to be good.