Client has lost connection - probably because of software update prompts

Vrizz

NAME: Client has lost connection - probably because of software update prompts

DESCRIPTION: I am happy because this may be a solution to most of crashes I experience. Today I had 2 crashes:

1) frozen rpve game, alt tabbed and saw "launcher.exe has stopped working", after that in the game a window appeared "client has lost connection". What probably happened was that Windows update became ready to be downloaded.

2) I couldn't relog so had to restart (actually relog into Windows). I got into another game and same shit happened. This time I saw Apple stuff update Window appear.

My hypothesis: something related to out-of-game prompts causes the game to crash.

REPRODUCIBILITY: Based on the description above, it may be reproducible. Haven't tried myself.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: --- no need ---

LOG: Logs from today are attached. Some will be related to unsuccesful login attempts.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Now when I think of it, crashes by software updates (Win, Apple, RescueTime, Skype, etc.) may be the cause of 90% of crashes I (and perhaps other too) experience, so fixing it may be a big relief!!! :)

logs.zip

:thinking: this is interesting thery, it would be interesting to see if someone else can reproduce this.

For your second problem there is an issue, that for some (many? :( ) people Launcher crashes on wrong password, after that there are no more logs. From your logs you entered the wrong password twice at [18:18:08.192246] and [18:18:42.876142] (both times in UTC).

That is a bug, because I am pretty sure it was correct (not just then, but since May when I play BF), but was not accepted.

I notice that if my client has lost connection, but the game didnt crash (so I land in login screen), I ALWAYS get the wrong password error. Never posted it coz I thought it was a known bug! :P So if battleforge didnt crash AND I can try to login => there will always be "wrong password error" until I quit/kill BF process, then re-start the game. 

Edited by Vrizz

no, you get "wrong password" error, only when you type it wrong. The bug is that after that for some people launcher crashes, and so BF is not able to connect to server, and you get "connection failed" error.

• Kiwi locked this topic