Is a hard reset really needed?

ktoeto

8 minutes ago, Kubik said:

:thinking:if you do not like as you are free to leave and recreate the game yourself, no one is holding you here.

Comment does not help, does it, please tell me what this game would be without players like Riddle?

There was over 100 concurrent players every single day of last 2 weeks. Maybe you play at bad time. You should try something between 17-23 EU time

If you want total amount of players online over a week, last time I check it it was close to 4000.

Edited by Kubik

3 minutes ago, Kubik said:

There was over 100 concurrent players every single day of last 2 weeks. Maybe you play at bad time. You should try something between 17-23 EU time

If you want total amount of players online over a week, last time I check it it was close to 4000.

Do you have any further statistics on this? For how long did people stay, how many maps did they play, etc.

19 minutes ago, Kubik said:

on average they stay 1 hour 23 minutes 31,2 seconds, but I do not have statistic how many matches they played

Wow, good figures. Problem is that I generally play the hours that you mention (17-23 CET) and very often it takes like 10 mins before I can get into a game, unless I have found a group that plays several maps in a row. Generally not a big issue at the moment, but honestly if the team is stating there is huge activity ongoing that is plain wrong. 

11 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

Nope, on forums, registered accounts and broken online record. Sure, some of them were multiaccounts, but definetly not 10k of them.

Also, stop with these playing stupid and trolling posts.

Sorry for pointing it out, but these comments we have generally come when we are targeted with the answers which are either incorrect or vaguely proved with some statistics or even own beliefs. Even from the dev team. I can agree we should lift the quality of this discussion but then both sides need to contribute, right?

Edited by Ponni

Look, I really hate doing this.. it's just wrong and absolutely not polite from our side, but you guys leave us no other choice. I love this game and want it to take the best possible direction, and I would do ANYTHING for it. I don't have the right numbers on how many people think our suggestions are good or not but seems like you guys don't either. No matter what happens, we'll probably (at least me) keep playing the game anyway. So please, let's improve this discussion and have fair and good arguments with each other.

I'm all for improving the discussion, but your (not your directly, generally) previous comments don't help, neither do mine. I, personally and as a member of the team, at this moment feel attacked, and that's certainly not the treatment we should receive after spending 5 years volunteering on bringing this game back. We certainly don't want to drive this into the ground, however you must understand that constant pressuring and this way of communication does not benefit anyone. You can't force us into something, just as we can't force you to agree with some of our decisions. Unfortunately, that's how world works.

These kinds of threads almost always get blown out of proportion and get out of hands quickly.

Edited by fiki574

28 minutes ago, Ponni said:

if the team is stating there is huge activity ongoing that is plain wrong. 

I never said "huge" I only said it is increasing, not decreasing as was stated earlier on.

Fiki never said in game, he explicitly said on Forum.

Well the only sugestion I seen here (unless I forgot anything) was to kill trading card game by removing trading, or at least making it completely irelevant.

fiki574 likes this

1 minute ago, Kubik said:

I never said "huge" I only said it is increasing, not decreasing as was stated earlier on.

Well the only sugestion I seen here (unless I forgot anything) was to kill trading card game by removing trading, or at least making it completely irelevant.

I don't want to remove the trading aspect of the game, my point was that people who chose the option of going for all cards+all upgrades get market and mail disabled for obvious reasons.
If your team is sure most of the players will go the regular option like in old BattleForge then it wouldn't be an issue, but if most of the players choose the option we suggested then it would just prove our point that most people don't care about the trading aspect that much. Seems like a win-win situation for me.

Well then take all those players to test server, and I can leave because there would be nothing more for me to do.

If you show that test server have more people online than main server it proves most people do not care about that.

24 minutes ago, Kubik said:

Well, the hints I have gotten so far from you is that the game is thriving, but I argue it is not and will not after the wipe. With that said, I still acknowledge system limitations but that to me is a problem we should be able to solve. Possibly I can sit outside my local supermarket and beg for some EUROs which I then can pass on to you (jokes aside...).

25 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

You can't force us into something, just as we can't force you to agree with some of our decisions. Unfortunately, that's how world works.

True, but is it how the world should work, are all decision written in stone for all eternity? I can agree on that a decision sometimes needs to be taken, but for that all decisions taken are not good and some then should be subject to change.

Looking at the problem at hand here, from my point of view. The future of the game I see is that people try to get as good cards as possible and in the long run target for most Skylords is to have an as complete collection as possible. If that takes 2 months or 2 years is not really factor it is still inevitable, eg. in the end we all will be like Scrooge McDuck, the only difference is the time to get there. So, in order for people not to get sick and tired of not being able to expand their collection the unlock suggested is one option. One other suggestion could be to flood the game with boosters and possibly BFP.

I do not see the point in, for me, have to work my ass off for 45-90 days (perhaps more) to be able to build one supreme deck. It is a thing of the past. Also, this is the time it would take me, expert player, to do it, how long will it take for a newbie?

Edited by Ponni
Last sentence added...

7 hours ago, Ponni said:

Comment does not help, does it, please tell me what this game would be without players like Riddle?

there are better player than riddle in here, so the game would be fantastic i guess ^,^

6 hours ago, Ponni said:

Wow, good figures. Problem is that I generally play the hours that you mention (17-23 CET) and very often it takes like 10 mins before I can get into a game, unless I have found a group that plays several maps in a row. Generally not a big issue at the moment, but honestly if the team is stating there is huge activity ongoing that is plain wrong. 

Sorry for pointing it out, but these comments we have generally come when we are targeted with the answers which are either incorrect or vaguely proved with some statistics or even own beliefs. Even from the dev team. I can agree we should lift the quality of this discussion but then both sides need to contribute, right?

what you played pvp? alittle deadish at the end of my quitting, but some active between 11am eastern time [new york] and 7pm .. i use to play 17h a day and saw people playing on the average of 3h or so, pvp player tend to play less cause alot of pvp player already left and waiting release.. the most active map is rpve you usually will always find more player on those... i use to have statistic of those numbers but i threw almost all data away.  there use to be a graph showing 100 concurrent showing the activity increasing and what time it decreases....

6 hours ago, Ponni said:

Well, the hints I have gotten so far from you is that the game is thriving, but I argue it is not and will not after the wipe. 

True, but is it how the world should work, are all decision written in stone for all eternity? I can agree on that a decision sometimes needs to be taken, but for that all decisions taken are not good and some then should be subject to change.

Looking at the problem at hand here, from my point of view. 

I do not see the point in, for me, have to work my ass off for 45-90 days (perhaps more) to be able to build one supreme deck. It is a thing of the past. Also, this is the time it would take me, expert player, to do it, how long will it take for a newbie?

On the after wipe comment that is all assumption,you and i only can make assumption of what will happen after the wipe, no conclusive evidence.

Your point of view.. enough said..

If a newbie goes into discord and ask for help, im sure the same amount as there are extremely nice people in the community that i have met willing to step up and help people [these people play for the enjoyment of helping others]... 

Edited by Dion
typo

Ok, guys, this topic was about "Is a hard reset really needed". 

We received the answer that yes indeed a wipe is needed for technical reasons. So no reason to argue about it or if it is coming or not and whatever promises. This is a technical constraint we cannot change now. 

So all discussion should only concern measures afterwards. Hence discussions if players coming back after wipe etc. are not necessary here.  
----
It is not the same with test server now and the proposed unlocked accounts, because in the proposal players of both account types could play together, whilst on test server they cannot play with players on normal server (equivalent to a proposed progression account).

---

Correct me if I overread something, but what was a reason given why the account split as in my fictional screenshot is a bad idea.
The argument that unlocked players can carry normal players has been invalidated as already happening.

2 hours ago, Dion said:

there are better player than riddle in here, so the game would be fantastic i guess ^,^

what you played pvp? alittle deadish at the end of my quitting, but some active between 11am eastern time [new york] and 7pm .. i use to play 17h a day and saw people playing on the average of 3h or so, pvp player tend to play less cause alot of pvp player already left and waiting release.. the most active map is rpve you usually will always find more player on those... i use to have statistic of those numbers but i threw almost all data away.  there use to be a graph showing 100 concurrent showing the activity increasing and what time it decreases....

On the after wipe comment that is all assumption,you and i only can make assumption of what will happen after the wipe, no conclusive evidence.

Your point of view.. enough said..

If a newbie goes into discord and ask for help, im sure the same amount as there are extremely nice people in the community that i have met willing to step up and help people [these people play for the enjoyment of helping others]... 

So if there is, I do not see them on the leaderboards in game now or before. The only guys I miss from the old days are Coldmind and Cpt Sparrow, unless they have changed names now no one else is missing then from players that actually play today. Possibly Treim which I have not seem online for quite some time now. Also, stop with those comments please they are not helping anyone, at least yourself.

Anyhow, thanks for being somewhat positive to my post in the other thread.

I base my assumptions on things I see today, I cannot do anything else, right? And still no one seems to acknowledge there are problems that needs to be addressed for this game to actually thrive.

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
typo

7 minutes ago, Ponni said:

So if there is, I do not see them on the leaderboards in game now or before. The only guys I miss from the old days are Coldmind and Cpt Sparrow, unless they have changed names now no one else is missing then from players that actually play today. Possibly Treim which I have not seem online for quite some time now. Also, stop with those comments please they are not helping anyone, at least yourself.

Anyhow, thanks for being somewhat positive to my post in the other thread.

I base my assumptions on things I see today, I cannot do anything else, right? And still no one seems to acknowledge there are problems that needs to be addressed for this game to actually thrive.

// Ponni

Im not stopping anything, you said it to me at the beginning that my stuff is assumption that is the same for you , what you think you can get on by telling someone something without checking your self? ok.. 

Don't know if im allow to say but i did heard back some month ago that some of those player like Treim or so are taking a break [ even with those word i did saw some of those player playing but not seriously competing. not sure if anything have changed throughout the month as i dont keep tab on those things....

as for your assumption i base on the same thing i have seen during my play time and the past same shit bro ^,^. so i literally said the same thing you already typed back then so i dont see why you getting ippity by it ^,^...

There are far alot of problem that has to be addressed, in the time playing 17h a day i use to talk about those problem with some of the staff.. if they acknowledge then ok if they dont you keep looking for more staff. But i havent met one person who hasn't acknowledge a problem, that doesn't mean it might get fix rightaway but there they are aware.. we been at this for what? beta test 1 year so far?.. Just keep posting like you been doing..   also...  as the above so long as you making realistic, constructive feedback without putting away to feel like you are 100% right or anything im sure it would be more listened too..

Edited by Dion

15 minutes ago, Dion said:

Just keep posting like you been doing..   also...  as the above so long as you making realistic, constructive feedback without putting away to feel like you are 100% right or anything im sure it would be more listened too..

Well, do not agree, pretty much everything I have put forward so far has come back with answers like bad, cannot, wrong and such. So, soon I will start to quit arguing because I feel no one wants to speak with me anyhow, so why bother...I will still survive after the wipe but its gonna be boring when some friends will stop playing and there is a limit to how many newbies I can help...

Just now, Ponni said:

.I will still survive after the wipe but its gonna be boring when some friends will stop playing and there is a limit to how many newbies I can help...

Well some of the friend i hang with are not top player, other wise i would be on top record but it will show nothing because someone else is carrying...

the other 21 friends including 4 collectors[lets take the collectors out] 12 friend stop playing, so i was left with 5 friend ,2 which love to play generator map from a great creator 2 who play randomly [ i dont do pvp so i only have friend who talk to me about it which is not including on the 21 since its just us talking.] and 1 who love ranking speedrun... from the other 12 who stop playing , they would range from 2-6h a day and it was very much fun.. i play alot with random too just to help, but friend is massively more fun...

Now here im playing bunch of other games until the wipe.  Wether there was one or there wasn't one wouldnt affect me, so long as i get to see those other player come back and have fun with them.

Pretty much everything I have put forward so far has come back with answers like bad, cannot, wrong  :   yeah i had some of this, the difference is that I see their point and it's not my game, so I keep making suggestion on discord... there are some like the all map expert achievement that got an ok pass, and there are other with more booster that got the no go...but i see that you yourself just posted a new one which i plus, which has the same statement of putting more booster but you def put more than I did per day ^,^...

Right now im just gratefull that 

1. This game is not shut down and still alive and going for now [until wipe which i want to see how well it does afterand if alot more good donators come by]

2. That this game exist because all honesty If i was a dev after seeing everything and hearing everything, i wouldn't give a second though of doing this game. Yet there are those good spirited one that props the dev foreverthing.

3. That the dev and mod do listen and are working very hard...

im gratefull for alot of other things but ill stop there cause the list would go on...

keep posting, rejected or not.

This discussion isnt going anywhere anymore. Lebovin has summarized it here:

2 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

Ok, guys, this topic was about "Is a hard reset really needed". 

We received the answer that yes indeed a wipe is needed for technical reasons. So no reason to argue about it or if it is coming or not and whatever promises. This is a technical constraint we cannot change now. 

So all discussion should only concern measures afterwards. Hence discussions if players coming back after wipe etc. are not necessary here.  
----
It is not the same with test server now and the proposed unlocked accounts, because in the proposal players of both account types could play together, whilst on test server they cannot play with players on normal server (equivalent to a proposed progression account).

---

Correct me if I overread something, but what was a reason given why the account split as in my fictional screenshot is a bad idea.
The argument that unlocked players can carry normal players has been invalidated as already happening.

Feel free to continue discussing 'measures afterwards' in other threads. Like the proposal Lebovin made in 

/closed