Is a hard reset really needed?

ktoeto

1 minute ago, Kubik said:

@Ponni@ktoeto what about letting the game be as is, and shut it down when patreon support drops under server upkeep, or server run out of disk space, and never looking at it again? Would that solve your problem?

We're talking about improving the game, and you're talking about closing it. Ignoring everything we said, pulling up some nonsense, just how all of our discussions are going. Perfect.

On 1/24/2020 at 5:32 AM, Ponni said:

To me then, this is not a card collecting game any longer (main reason I would say is that there are no new cards coming...) and I think the community needs to think about if they also think it is a card collecting game or if it only is a real time strat game. If the latter then I think every card should be distributed with enough charges to fully be upgraded in order for the game to still be interesting enough. Second reason, it has been stated earlier that the threshold for new players is (too?) high to get into the game, with this they would have all the options to fully enjoy the game quickly.

For those then who would react on my statement above I will only say the following: I have been playing open stress test now for 15 months roughly. Now I have all cards necessary with all upgrades and charges, opening all boosters I receive from the daily task, I have 6,5 million gold, I have 20000 BFP in the bank, for all BFPs above 20000 I buy boosters, then putting cards for reasonable prices on the AH and then buy more boosters putting cards on the AH, etc....Additionally, I have been giving away cards to people earning it or friends (for example, Wheel of Gifts, Enlightenment, Infect, Disenchant, Mine, etc are all cards I have been giving away).

I might not know myself enough here and I probably would start grinding again after the reset, but I do believe this, the game is no longer a card collecting game but it is the best real time strat game ever created.

// Ponni

Someone did said that they may have new card way wayy wayyyyyyyyyy into the future, once they really dissect the living crap out of everything EA did,..

Community already have based this game as a real strategy game and a card collecting game, i know someone who played only for the collecting and opening booster [not gonna judge is their way of playing this] a word that was said " the excitement of opening something rare  intrigues me", once that player played for 3-4month to collect everything which then left the game [ I received some goodies from it ^,^]....

Other majority have came to play this game for the nostalgia, the stragety style  of the game, which is basically beating all maps and playing with friends... I quit once i finish helping with bugs and finish all map on expert solo[the one you can do, except the one that needs alteast 2 peepes]  [ andexcept bad harvest, only seen some other dude and mephistoross finish it]

Now may know why the above was written? what happen if the game is only depicted as stragety game only by the WHOLE community and not even a collecting card base as well? what would be your point in saying the above?

Just now, Kubik said:

@Ponni@ktoeto what about letting the game be as is, and shut it down when patreon support drops under server upkeep, or server run out of disk space, and never looking at it again? Would that solve your problem?

Why would it solve our problems? We still want to play the game, right? I have no problems acknowledging system limitations as factor of this discussion. But in the long run that will still be a problem that needs to solved, or? As people progress and get more cards, etc, its inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Kubik said:

wasn't it said that those who really supported the game already left and are waiting for the wipe???.. if they return that would be nice after wipe since it may take sometimes before it actually happends..

2 minutes ago, ktoeto said:

We're talking about improving the game, and you're talking about closing it. Ignoring everything we said, pulling up some nonsense, just how all of our discussions are going. Perfect.

tks tks wouldnt even understand what he meant

1 minute ago, Ponni said:

Why would it solve our problems? We still want to play the game, right? I have no problems acknowledging system limitations as factor of this discussion. But in the long run that will still be a problem that needs to solved, or? As people progress and get more cards, etc, its inevitable.

Those who really supported the game beside mephistoross who really supporting that patreon, already left the game and waiting for the release... are you donating? i dont even have the $$$ to but i would love too myself...

2 minutes ago, Dion said:

wasn't it said that those who really supported the game already left and are waiting for the wipe???.. if they return that would be nice after wipe since it may take sometimes before it actually happends..

tks tks wouldnt even understand what he meant

Ofc you wouldn't understand. You barely can read.

You start with all card / update : Marketplace, trading cards and sending cards by email are all disabled forever.

You want to kill the game anyway by removing the most important parts for many players, doesn't you?

Dion likes this

Just now, Kubik said:

You want to kill the game anyway by removing the most important parts for many players, doesn't you?

The only way that above could ever be agreed on was on a testing phase, like  wipe, get all cards, test the new changes of the balance... but other than that i wouldn't see that happening....

3 minutes ago, Dion said:

Those who really supported the game beside mephistoross who really supporting that patreon, already left the game and waiting for the release... are you donating? i dont even have the $$$ to but i would love too myself...

In fact I am, 5 dollars a month, it is not much but something at least (to be honest I didn't start until very recently as I didnt know it was possible).

1 minute ago, Kubik said:

People who want to play the game for the sake of collecting cards, can open the normal account?? I don't see the issue.

Just now, Ponni said:

In fact I am, 5 dollars a month, it is not much but something at least (to be honest I didn't start until very recently as I didnt know it was possible).

5 dollar a month.... now take this slowly as i return back to the mode game as im getting yelled at for being here instead over there... unless kubik tells you, try hardest to imagen how much it cost to run the server.... and than multiply yourself by that much, just saying [mephito i think is 50 a month]... im not even in league at this moment........ take care ^,^

It's funny how an actual player like Ponni who is pretty good at the game and invested a lot into it, is being ignored while some random guy who barely knows what's going on is being supported by a team member.

@Ponni Just leave this discussion. We won't win vs the stuff anway.

Feels like i'm a scientist trying to prove a flat-earther, that it's not flat.

Edited by ktoeto

5 minutes ago, Kubik said:

yes, do you at least know how many card exist inside this game? How many of them can be collected? How many of them you have collected?

Well, I do not know the exact amount of cards by heart, but is it like 400 hundred or so that can be bought in AH or received by boosters in game now. Then you mentioned there in total where 5000 cards which I had no clue about earlier. To me then, I have not collected any card, I have bought cards or received them through boosters and now I have pretty much all cards. eg. out of the 400 available in game.

There is nothing to win or lose with these arguments.

Wipe was mentioned years ago, and we keep stating it ever since. I don't know what must happen to change that fact.

Just because some of you strongly disagree with the decision, it doesn't mean the decision is bad by default.

Nowhere else are you going to see an inventory transfer from Closed Alpha / Beta / Stress Test to Open Beta / Release. Nowhere!

Needless to say, the conversations here got pretty out of hand, no need for calling names and insulting, so keep it polite please.

Edited by fiki574
Dion likes this

3 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

Wipe was mentioned years ago, and we keep stating it ever since. I don't know what must happen to change that fact.

Just because some of you strongly disagree with the decision, it doesn't mean the decision is bad by default.

Nowhere else are you going to see an inventory transfer from Closed Alpha / Beta / Stress Test to Open Beta / Release. Nowhere!

Needless to say, the conversations here got pretty out of hand, no need for calling names and insulting, so keep it polite please.

Well, I do not argue really against the wipe, but what will happen after it. Start from scratch or possibly game unlocked....

Edited by Ponni
typo

7 minutes ago, ktoeto said:

It's funny how an actual player like Ponni who is pretty good at the game and invested a lot into it, is being ignored while some random guy who barely knows what's going on is being supported by a team member.

@Ponni Just leave this discussion. We won't win vs the stuff anway.

Feels like i'm a scientist trying to prove a flat-earther, that it's not flat.

dont flatter yourself you nothing in that matter not even close, 

good player? the only good player i know is mephitoross, everyone i keep seeing in the top lower rank[this is actually by everyone else who says it]

you know halis, lebovim etc etc i never heard of the guy you mention but ok... take good care of yourself kiddo good luck on your suggestion. btw saw your other suggestion that got rejected, there are reasons why but i wont go over it here o.o

7 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

No one asks for an inventory transfer. There was a change suggestion made originally by Kybaka which you should at least consider watching.

The fact that so many players disagree to the wipe, shows how many flaws it has.

3 minutes ago, Dion said:

dont flatter yourself you nothing in that matter not even close, 

good player? the only good player i know is mephitoross, everyone i keep seeing in the top lower rank[this is actually by everyone else who says it]

you know halis, lebovim etc etc i never heard of the guy you mention but ok... take good care of yourself kiddo good luck on your suggestion. btw saw your other suggestion that got rejected, there are reasons why but i wont go over it here o.o

I currently hold almost all of the 4P maps records except for 2, and my ingame name is Riddle. You don't have to consider me as a good player because I literally couldn't care less for your worthless opinion. Ponni is a Battleground player but how would you know, you're not even playing the game lol.

Edited by ktoeto
Ponni likes this

4 minutes ago, ktoeto said:

No one asks for an inventory transfer. There was a change suggestion made originally by Kybaka which you should at least consider watching.

The fact that so many players disagree to it, shows how many flaws it has.

It was considered, do you really think we just blatantly ignore suggestions of this scale?

Can you count how many players disagree with it? I can just say that Russians at vk.com/skylordsreborn and some Polish guys at mmorpg.org.pl are definetly waiting for wipe, and them alone are around 2000 players.

You knew there was going to be a wipe when wilfully signing up for an account here.

To make things clear, I'm refering to the "no wipe please" and not the change suggestion you're refering to.

Dion likes this

Just now, fiki574 said:

It was considered, do you really think we just blatantly ignore suggestions of this scale?

Can you count how many players disagree with it? I can just say that Russians at vk.com/skylordsreborn and some Polish guys at mmorpg.org.pl are definetly waiting for wipe, and them alone are around 2000 players.

You knew there was going to be a wipe when wilfully signing up for an account here.

To make things clear, I'm refering to the "no wipe please" and not the change suggestion you're refering to.

Please don't make up numbers, and do a straw poll. Your 2000 players count is off.. by around 1995.

1 minute ago, Ponni said:

Well, I do not argue really for the wipe, but what will happen after it. Start from scratch or possibly game unlocked....

My guess would be that everyone who said they would return, which i hope because it has been SO LONG and probably will be longer before it actually UNLOCKS that i hope they actually return and not get into another game instead of returning.... then it would be like this..

-player who quit and said they waiting for wipe will return.. my guess maybe 1k-2k probably just 1k or so

-player will now enter the new balance chat that mr,x been said " no changes would be active until after the wipe so that new player have a saying in this matter".

- Everyone would meet new and old player alike with the new challange that are promise,, not sure what was the reward but i suggested with other to mr.x about the all completion map on expert challange.. which basically stats that if you finish all map on expert you get something... after that being agree on the idea [meaning that mr.x liked it], then you will receive a reward upon completion, but we are also hoping there will be lesser reward for standard and advance.

- player would start collecting again  i know about 9 of them that are waiting, and other player would start going no life sleeping on upgrading their deck for the challange above plus some gold for their main deck...

as for the reward for all expert map we are hoping it actually comes as it was already in good terms of agreement...https://ibb.co/N6RB72V