Is a hard reset really needed?

ktoeto

Make reset choosable.^^

At Login Screen :Do you want to reset your account? Yes No

Everyone will be happy!!!

Who did it can keep it.

Who love to collecting and start everything over and over again they can.

Who wait for it can join with no fear of it.

Sorry for my poor english.

Almost everyone.

Kubik wont, probably.

Its just more and more to do.

Fimion likes this

I'm gonna skip to the end...

started as a tester which was the purpose of this beta phase.. *OPEN STRESS*.. saw the trello and very much asked to see what was needed to be done in here.  https://trello.com/b/vvpUdT3b/skylords-reborn-roadmap-to-release-2020-q4..

After reporting alot of bugs and new bugs I started to just have fun in this game [still would report the files if freezes or crashes], 

Did everything in game, solo everything in all expertise except bad harvest solo [only mephistoross and another seem to be able to do it, i couldn't after more than 24h straight]..

After finishing everything i gave my cards away and just like everyone else who has been spamming the discord am waiting for the release of the game that was promised * PATIENTLY* (haven't even asked once if the release is out yet since I left, just checking once every 2 week or so a monthly checks)..

Why wipe? 

First and foremost it was promised to many who keeps coming back to discord and asking "is the wipe already happen? when is it happening if not?"

Many who were nicest enough gave their cards to newbie to enjoy their gaming (even though we are not here for enjoyment but for testing, but I can agree that the testing has been going far too long to not enjoy it [1 year] )

Alot of players coming back (huge reason why probably the changes for balance hasn't happen yet, as majority of the player would get on the changes once they come back since many are playing other games, and probably waiting for the release to return)

Notes:

Many are here to play the game not to test, that was obvious once kubik ask why people wouldnt report the logs of things going worst after the that update fixed alot of the issues way back then, which now is being issued as a link *how to step by step send log* in discord.

I heard the reason why we still in the stress test, is because the same reason above, which is player not sending logs, infact when I played i told them to send the log which i showed them how to but still many of those didnt even send it either (cause they here to play not test). Shows you much about the community we have and their reasons for playing...

Lastly for those who dont understand logs, imagen trying to build an empire state building, and something goes wrong on many floor levels, imagen no log being sent (the log can tell if the structure is not strong enough, if there is a problem with the design etc etc ) and you keep trying to build or finish the empire state building..... well foremost we are not going to get to the finish product, we will just be playing around it until the complete logs are send.. and once even at that point more problem may arise which needs more log being sent.. just saying..

Anyway, waiting patiently for the release of skylord reborn. ^,^

@DionThank you for your long post and point of view on the situation, however I feel like you miss a lot of points or maybe even rather just ignore them to prove your point.

We're in a test phase you say right? I wonder how testing is done other than playing, because you clearly are not.

Have you really thought about is it ready for an official launch? not only from technical point of view. As it is right now, there is barely any progress done in all the aspects of the game. Market is literally dying, the player base which was never huge is only going down and down in numbers.
There are known issues which are not being sorted for too long, and for most which annoys the hell out of me THERE ARE FLAWS IN THE CODE which other players who DO understand in it, ABUSE.

I love this project, and I want to say big thanks for all the people that are doing so much for literally free. That being said, the way everything is handled is so unprofessional is just so sad.
I have no knowledge to any of the things the developers and moderators are doing, but even so I can see how big the flaws are. First of all, the team is insanely small and that makes for a slow progress, ye I know that people don't want to do stuff for free but please for the love of god, take this seriously and search actively. (posting on this secret forums, doesn't count)

They hire unprofessional and unethical people for the team. I had some conversations which were so poorly handled, this is just absurd. They use their power in ways that are not supposed to be used. If you ever are going to have an issue, which I hope you don't, you'll see it immediately and remember my words. It just seems like no one is doing anything and there's only 1 guy working on this game, who shouldn't handle any in-game issues and just concentrate on the game development, since he has close to no idea how the game works on a high level. His computer skills might be good, but there's no way he knows more than people who invested thousands of hours into this game, game play wise.. and thus should not review any in-game "issues".

I'm not even gonna start about balancing, there's so much bullshit going on right there and people with legit less than 50 hours of game-play are being able to post like game experts is just absurd.
The balancing should be regulated carefully, and if the team has no idea how to do it, JUST LEAVE THE GAME AS IT IS, so you don't f@#$ up the game to the point where it's unrecoverable.

Now about the wipe. Why?? So ye, we always get this "PROMISED" excuse, but I can guarantee you that after this "needed and promised wipe" the player base will be even smaller.
People simply don't want to invest time into this game, with how poorly things are being handled. No one is gonna benefit from this wipe, PvP players, don't want their cards and upgrades to be gone just so they have to grind those "unfun" battlegrounds to play the mode they want. PvE players, don't want their cards and upgrades to be gone just so they have to acquire everything again to be able to play maps on expert or be able to speed-run them, just because people like you who don't even play this game actively, and never will, who were "PROMISED" a wipe. The market will just go into oblivion after the wipe, with this proposed "better" version.

Anyway, keep waiting patiently.

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

I wonder how testing is done other than playing, because you clearly are not.

Have you considered for example reporting bugs, and sending logs? Most people do not do this even if they later say that they are crashing 10 or 20 times per day.

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

the player base which was never huge is only going down and down in numbers.

:thinking: where you get this? Player base slowly increase last few months.

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

known issues which are not being sorted for too long

What issues are you talking about? Without that information, I can not give you reason, because there is just too many of them.

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

THERE ARE FLAWS IN THE CODE

Are you referencing to our code, or EA's code?

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

insanely small and that makes for a slow progress

Why you think so? Here is a long list https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/staff/

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

search actively. (posting on this secret forums, doesn't count)

And where you think we should post?

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

there's only 1 guy working on this game, who shouldn't handle any in-game issues and just concentrate on the game development

I do not search for players issues, but it would seem more unprofessional to me to ignore them and not answer them at all. How you can know how many thousands hours I spend in this game?

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

I'm not even gonna start about balancing, there's so much bullshit going on right there and people with legit less than 50 hours of game-play are being able to post like game experts is just absurd.

Why wouldn't they be allowed to post? You want to limit ability of people to post on forum based on their in game time? That sounds crazy (at least to me).

1 hour ago, ktoeto said:

just because people like you who don't even play this game actively

Where you get that people in the team do not play actively?

32 minutes ago, Kubik said:

Have you considered for example reporting bugs, and sending logs? Most people do not do this even if they later say that they are crashing 10 or 20 times per day.

:thinking: where you get this? Player base slowly increase last few months.

What issues are you talking about? Without that information, I can not give you reason, because there is just too many of them.

Are you referencing to our code, or EA's code?

Why you think so? Here is a long list https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/staff/

And where you think we should post?

I do not search for players issues, but it would seem more unprofessional to me to ignore them and not answer them at all. How you can know how many thousands hours I spend in this game?

Why wouldn't they be allowed to post? You want to limit ability of people to post on forum based on their in game time? That sounds crazy (at least to me).

Where you get that people in the team do not play actively?

Mephisto said he want to answer the parts about "unprofessional, unethical, and poor handling" himself in detail, so I skipped that part, because he probably know more about these cases, than I do.

1. I never experienced anything special, except the same crashes everyone get.

2. I don't have the numbers on the player base, but old players and names are seen much more rarely this days. But fine, I'll take this as my mistake of mentioning a wrong fact.

3. Wasn't there a player who managed to cheat in the introduction, to prove you that's possible? because you were sure otherwise.

4. The code that is being used right now of course.

5. I meant developers and game designers, and not mods.

6. I think it's better to just simply not do something, than doing something badly.

7. I don't want to limit people posting on the forums, but posting incorrect stuff in serious balance discussions ain't gonna do much.

8. The only guy who is playing actively and does understand the game on a high level is Mephisto.

People can have different opinions on what is unprofessional or unethical, and that was my opinion. In other big companies, my issues would be handled in a much better and fitting way.

Edited by ktoeto

1.) how you know they was same? and how you know they even report it at least once?

3.) that player told me he found a bug, and ask BEFORE if he can prove it by exploiting it, and he got banned by automated system, so his exploit did not work, but he got unbanned, because he told me in advance what he will try to do.

4.) then you probably mean EA's code because their code have for sure more bugs than our code. :(

5.) but why you think speed depends on how many people will be working on it?

6.) I think you referring to me, can you tell me what I did wrong?

8.) Do you base this on what? Time spend on main server, time spend on public test server, or time spend on another servers? Or PvP rank, or position in speedrunning leaderboard?

Well I work for big company, and a person that will answer me is problematic, most people just ignore me, and my personal opinion is that no answer is worse than useless answer, because you then do not know if the other person at least read you message, or not.

This is a voluntary project, no one is getting paid. When did you volunteer for something for years?

You thank us and are grateful in start of the post, just to throw random accusations and bashes with no provided facts in the rest.

We all are amateur students/developers, so I don't know which level of Triple A company organization you expect. Most of us aren't even near 30.

Performance of our code is widely affected by the core game, made by EA and reverse engineered by us for years. Not all bugs will be fixable as there are limits to what can be done when you don't have the source code.

No progress being done, yet the server restarts for the updates every now and then. Just because there is no changelog, doesn't mean no work is being done.

Just because you got handled in a certain way by a moderator (who I'm sure did nothing wrong), it does not give you right to render us all "unprofessional it's just sad".

Everyone has a right to give their opinion on card balancing, whether they have 50 hours or 50000 hours of gameplay. Just like you gave your opinion, they have the right to give theirs.

Don't think we didn't look for new developers elsewhere, yes we did but guess what - so far no one is willing to invest themselves for free or they got near acception phase but just ghosted, meaning they were probably in for the code. It isn't as easy to recruit trusted and skilled developer, but I guess you know better than us doing this for almost 5 years straight.

Balancing of the game hasn't even had it's surface scratched, yet you're caps-locking that we will fudge up the game beyond recognition.

No, the player base won't be even smaller after the wipe, it will be few times bigger.

Edited by fiki574
MephistoRoss and MrNek36 like this

On 1/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, fiki574 said:

This is a voluntary project, no one is getting paid. When did you volunteer for something for years?

You thank us and are grateful in start of the post, just to throw random accusations and bashes with no provided facts in the rest.

We all are amateur students/developers, so I don't know which level of Triple A company organization you expect. Most of us aren't even near 30.

Performance of our code is widely affected by the core game, made by EA and reverse engineered by us for years. Not all bugs will be fixable as there are limits to what can be done when you don't have the source code.

No progress being done, yet the server restarts for the updates every now and then. Just because there is no changelog, doesn't mean no work is being done.

Just because you got handled in a certain way by a moderator (who I'm sure did nothing wrong), it does not give you right to render us all "unprofessional it's just sad".

Everyone has a right to give their opinion on card balancing, whether they have 50 hours or 50000 hours of gameplay. Just like you gave your opinion, they have the right to give theirs.

Don't think we didn't look for new developers elsewhere, yes we did but guess what - so far no one is willing to invest themselves for free or they got near acception phase but just ghosted, meaning they were probably in for the code. It isn't as easy to recruit trusted and skilled developer, but I guess you know better than us doing this for almost 5 years straight.

Balancing of the game hasn't even had it's surface scratched, yet you're caps-locking that we will fudge up the game beyond recognition.

No, the player base won't be even smaller after the wipe, it will be few times bigger.

I agree to all the above, part from the last point...you might be correct but I am afraid the player base of people truly knowing how to play the game will be smaller. Because, how fun is it for the 3rd time starting with Windweavers and Surge of Light working your way through all maps grinding gold to initially upgrade "bad" cards to be able to start winning at all. Then play every day again for a year or more to be able to create the ultimate deck (twisting the truth a bit here, there are of course several ultimate decks in this game...depending on which map you play...).

So, over the years I have come to an insight with this game:

This is one of the best real time strat games ever created!

To me then, this is not a card collecting game any longer (main reason I would say is that there are no new cards coming...) and I think the community needs to think about if they also think it is a card collecting game or if it only is a real time strat game. If the latter then I think every card should be distributed with enough charges to fully be upgraded in order for the game to still be interesting enough. Second reason, it has been stated earlier that the threshold for new players is (too?) high to get into the game, with this they would have all the options to fully enjoy the game quickly.

For those then who would react on my statement above I will only say the following: I have been playing open stress test now for 15 months roughly. Now I have all cards necessary with all upgrades and charges, opening all boosters I receive from the daily task, I have 6,5 million gold, I have 20000 BFP in the bank, for all BFPs above 20000 I buy boosters, then putting cards for reasonable prices on the AH and then buy more boosters putting cards on the AH, etc....Additionally, I have been giving away cards to people earning it or friends (for example, Wheel of Gifts, Enlightenment, Infect, Disenchant, Mine, etc are all cards I have been giving away).

I might not know myself enough here and I probably would start grinding again after the reset, but I do believe this, the game is no longer a card collecting game but it is the best real time strat game ever created.

// Ponni

Well just short answer to few of your points, who said there will be no "new" cards to collect? The game have over five thousands cards, I think you never seen most of them.

Have you considered performance for people with slower PC's having all cards from the start would be very slow. (I mean over 10 minutes to get to forge...)

There is an effort to allow players to "borrow" cards from the system fully upgraded, which would allow them to play PvP and high level PvE from start without being on cards disadvantage.

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

Well just short answer to few of your points, who said there will be no "new" cards to collect? The game have over five thousands cards, I think you never seen most of them.

Have you considered performance for people with slower PC's having all cards from the start would be very slow. (I mean over 10 minutes to get to forge...)

There is an effort to allow players to "borrow" cards from the system fully upgraded, which would allow them to play PvP and high level PvE from start without being on cards disadvantage.

What are you saying?! Are 90% of the cards originally developed not even released? When can we have them....? ; )

I have no clue on the mechanics of the game when it comes to performance. I do know though that my computer is perhaps in line with requirements from when game was initially released and I do not really have any major performance issues, not more than average at least. Question then, how would game work if more cards were to be released?

Anyway, in order to play most PvE maps (cannot really speak for PvP...) successfully you need like 100 cards fully upgraded (I will do a proper count and list later...). Those cards could be "free to have".

// Ponni

Edit: Starting with rPve (72 cards "needed" including Wheel of Gifts which is generally not needed…below is then like 20-25 decks in my decklist...) cards below will help beating all rPvE maps, 1-4p levels 1-10:

Nomad, both aff
Gladiatrix, green aff
Rifle Cultists
Bloodhorn, both aff
Eruption
Mine
Wildfire
Offering, green aff
Curse of Oink
Life Weaving
Unholy Hero
Lava field
Thunderstorm
Soulshatter
Cluster Explosion, both aff
Earthshaker
Shrine of War
Equilibrium, both aff
Regrowth
Batariel, red aff
Disenchant, green aff
Unholy Strength
Frenetic, both aff
Infect
Enlightenment
Blaster Cannon, red aff
Forsaken
Shadow Phoenix
Cultist Master
Soul Splicer, green aff
Embalmer's Shrine
Furnace of Flesh
Resource Booster
Nether Warp, both aff
Sunstriders
Ashbone Pyros
Breeding Grounds
Motivate
Revenge
Mumbo Jumbo, red aff
Amii Monument
The Incredible Mo
(Wheel of Gifts)
Fire Sphere
Meteor Shower
Overlord
Contruct
Matter Mastery
Twilight Creeper, both aff
Lost Spirit Ship, red aff
Flame Crystal
Magma Spore
Suppression
Tortugun, red aff (at least according to Tinuvien...)
Thunderwagon, red aff
Shadow Mage
Mark of the Keeper
Windweavers
Shaman
Ensnaring roots
Hurricane
Dryad
Surge of Light
Makeshift tower
Fallen Skyelf (for hardcore speedrunners...)

Edited by Ponni
Added 2 more cards...

11 minutes ago, LEBOVIN said:

For what map do you need Magma spore to be able to win? :)

All of them! No, seriously, I use it to spam Ashbone Pyros using Offering on them...but yeah its not really a map-winner, I agree... : )

Edited by Ponni
typo...

3 minutes ago, LEBOVIN said:

Honestly I wonder how small u can really make that list to beat all maps pve + rpve 

A Nomad/Mine start with Bata/Frenetic/Infect end is probably all you need. With some variants in the middle...

Why not 2 possibility after reset? When you create profile.. you have choices :

1) You start from scratch :  Like currently.. Only beginner card deck.

2) You start with all card / update : Marketplace, trading cards and sending cards by email are all disabled forever.

Edited by Kybaka
Ponni likes this

10 hours ago, Ponni said:

What are you saying?! Are 90% of the cards originally developed not even released? When can we have them....? ; )

So responding on my own post here...with the cards in my previous post I would say following cards are needed to clear out most PvE Campaign maps (together with the ones listed in previous post):

Swiftclaw
Dreadcharger
Phase Tower
Decomposer
Sunderer
Mortar Tower
Scorched Earth, red aff
Scythe fiends
Wallbreaker
Fire Dragon
Nightguard, green aff
Corsair, green aff
Time Vortex
Necroblaster, any aff
Church of Negation
Kobold Engineer
Master Archers
Frost Mage
Ice Barrier
Home Soil
Lightblade, any aff
Construction Hut
Mountaineer
Juice Tank
Cannon Tower
Worldbreaker Gun
Mana Wing
Treespirit, green aff
Werebeasts
Tunnel
Primal Defender
Root Nexus, both aff
Living Tower
Razorleaf
Giant Wyrm
Perhaps some more towers like Hammerfall...

This would give ~110 cards in total which are useful enough to play rPvE and PVE Campaigns with. I can honestly say that among the rest of the cards available I have only ever used a few of them and most I have never used at all...

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
typo

11 hours ago, Kybaka said:

Why not 2 possibility after reset? When you create profile.. you have choices :

1) You start from scratch :  Like currently.. Only beginner card deck.

2) You start with all card / update : Marketplace, trading cards and sending cards by email are all disabled forever.

This is actually super smart. I support this.

Maybe you can also add like, no promos would be available for playing to the guy who chose option number 2.

Edited by ktoeto

@Kybaka have you considered we would need to disallow these two groups of players to play with each other? Because on 4p maps you can easily play with only 3 players, so 3 players with all cards would be otherwise able to grant no effort win to player that chose start from scratch.

46 minutes ago, Kubik said:

@Kybaka have you considered we would need to disallow these two groups of players to play with each other? Because on 4p maps you can easily play with only 3 players, so 3 players with all cards would be otherwise able to grant no effort win to player that chose start from scratch.

This is already the case anyway, I can just sit afk on Guns of Lyr while my friend does it solo.

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

If I create an account 1 year after the reset .. It will be the same.

I'm going to start with shit cards and everyone who started on day 1 .. They will have a better card than me.

So your problem is not one.

By far I prefer to compare myself to the others in terms of tactics. Anyone can have a 120 deck. It doesn't make you a better player.

If you prefer, you can even put a different tag / color for those who have an unlocked account.

So when you create/join a lobby .. you can decide if you want to play with someone who has an unlocked account.

Edited by Kybaka