Malware? Virus? or just a false positive? (IDP.alexa.51)

Lars0viCH

From the vage description antivirus companies give about their code names, I would say if it was reported by Avast, then it is false positive, and if it was reported by AVG it is not.

`Launcher.exe` in short modify `Battleforge.exe` at runtime to redirect it to our servers instead of long dead EA's servers, that means it gets access to your password.

Antivirus is not smart enough to detect how it modifies, or what it do with aquired informations.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:59 AM, Kubik said:

From the vage description antivirus companies give about their code names, I would say if it was reported by Avast, then it is false positive, and if it was reported by AVG it is not.

`Launcher.exe` in short modify `Battleforge.exe` at runtime to redirect it to our servers instead of long dead EA's servers, that means it gets access to your password.

Antivirus is not smart enough to detect how it modifies, or what it do with aquired informations.

I used Avast, and i'm also pretty sure it was a false positive. Thanks for the answer, keep un the insane work!! Love how much its alike battleforge :)

• Kiwi locked this topic