Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
MrXLink

New BFP Earning System: Playtime and Reserves

Posted (edited)

Well, from playing maybe?!?

Except today, today it is a f*cking 150 in total only... *sigh*

1. 75x2 = 150
2. 50x2 = 100
1+2=250

Actually every day for the last week except today.
Even got 5 quests the other day where from 4 already gave 75 each.

I've always liked the game but hated the design philosophy because it just doesn't work.
Giving people a cap on progress only makes people stop playing completely.

Now did it work better from a free to play point of view just forcing people in buying decks if they wanna progress, but still.

You know someone enjoys what he is doing...
So you gonna tell he has to stop right now and he may return to play, tomorrow?
Exactly the point.

Edited by Theo1143

Since beginning of Open Stress Test there was only 3 quests per day.

1 = play 30 minutes, get booster, if you did not complete it, you keep the quest until you complete it, and get it again next day.

2 = random quests for 75 BFP each, if you did not complete them you get up to 2 new quests to maximum of 3 of those. Later was added option to re-roll the quest and get different one for only 50 BFP (re-rolling 50 BFP quest will result in 50 BFP quest again).

There never was more quests (except test server that at one point have quest giving booster for every match).

There are Achievements, Christmas => Santa, Easter => Egg, Complete X quests => booster.

Quests reset might be at different time based on your time zone, but it is once per 24 hours, so if you have 4x75 BFP from quests you must not have quests day before, or day after that.

Posted (edited)

Wierd because I really got them as said above...

Also did I get 7 new quests at the beginning of the new year, did all me quests at 31-12-2019 and somewhere in the middle of the night I got all new 7.
(exactly the same as I did the day before) While the timer said about 6 - 10 hours left until new quests...

Beside doing me daily quests there is nothing for me to progress in so no idea why you would think I would lie about it.

It is not hard to do 5 games to complete most quests... (open a bunch of chests play some games, and while some even count together it makes it even easier)

Edited by Theo1143

Long post so short version ahead:

TL;DR -- The Short Version

-Slowly card and BFP gain is good for pve, fast gain is good for pvp. It depends on focus whats good (i like pve btw... :P)

-No specific like colour based daily quests. Daily quests all can achieve please

__________________________________________________________________________________

Long version:

Getting BFP for playing sounds good. I know i wouldn't play everyday and i loose the max amount of BFP i could get... but honestly if you play every now and than only you don't have to expect to get everything.

The thing about buying card packs or just use the AH is: It will balance itself i guess. If the cardprizes get too high you can buy packs and sell them. If the cardprizes get too low you buy cards at AH instead of packs... The question is more for the real rare cards and how hard to get they will become. And that brings me to another question for the focus:

How important ist min/maxing for the player and how important it is to collect and and develop your deck.

For min/maxing focus it would be good to make it possible to get easy and fast to a ultimate deck by giving much card packs/BFP:

Pro:

+It is vital for pvp because it would be bad loosing because the enemy has better cards.

+You can fast get to the high challenging pve missions for those loving to get fast through a game

Negative:

-Fast getting boring for many because if you have everything the motivation to play and collect more drops

-Fast getting boring if you win the hard maps too fast / early because the deck gets too strong too fast

-resulting in the loss of longevity exspecially for those playing pve

All in all: Good for PVP, bad for PVE (expect you are one of those that love to rush threw a game and than don't play it anymore but those are not good for a community)

For collector and deckdeveloper focus it would be good to slowly (how slowly depends on the player) getting card packs/BFP:

Pro:

+ The fun if you get a good card you spend much time to get, either it be for selling, giving your friend that needs it for his deck or for your own deck

+ Long time motivation of collectiing and expand your collection

+ Having fun seeing you get better and better as you get stronger cards over time

+ Having motivation to become stronger with time, thus wanting to spend time playing the game

+ (for those funny little mad guys among us like me XD) Having fun to try the missions with the crapdeck you only have early and find ways to make missions possibly with it (yeah you could make a crapdeck even with good cards available and not using them but this doesn't feel good), than making this missions with the slighty better cards you collected than and enjoying seeing how smoother it gets but still having to find unorthodox ways to be able to win with those cards, than with the next upgrade of cards enjoy getting it smoother and smoother etc.

Negative:

- Bad for pvp as you get beaten by guys that just have better cards than you do

- Bad for those that want to complete the game as fast as possible to jump to the next game.

- Bad for those loving to be imba and steamroll things

All in all: Good for pve (expect for those fast/easy win loving guys) and bad for pvp

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The last thing is that i didn't find and wonder if it's only me and my friends:

We love playing together and thus taking the decision to share the cards. One play fire deck, one frost, one nature, one shadow and than with the mixed cards coming in changing depeding on what we have, leading to the mix of the cards (nature/frost, fire/shadow). The result is everyone gets to have good cards because if you play an element you get all the cards from 3 different players in addition to your own and that is for your friends too. Teamplay rocks and yeah you need good friends you can depend on to do this.

But with this i plead: Stay with the quests everone can make. No colour based quests destroying friends sharing and those having no good cards of one colour. No expert only or difficulty 9 or higher quests that lead to people not helping the weak or letting the strong dominate the market even more. One time achievements okay, but not daily quests. Daily quest should motivate all to play. And keep the roll new function for those that don't play pvp to change to pve quest and vice versa or just the quest win/play 3pve or pvp mission quest (or to make it fair as pve you can more easily win if you want to, make it win 3pvp or 5pve missions, something like this), that would be nice.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

As i am a coop pve loving player i don't need to say what i prefer. But no matter the decision at the end: Thank you making the final reset (when it comes) and letting me and my friends enjoying this game. As far as i seen it you listen to the community, so the result will be a good one, even though it can't be the right for everyone and it will be a hard decision. Realy don't want to be in your shoes there devs ^^

Kubik likes this

Hey there, "short" question

The idea of changing from booster quest to bfp quests only is quite nice but the booster openings are a lot of fun (or can) but limiting the "free" boosters to the achievements only is a bit drastic. Because of all this the total opened boosters will be reduced highly so less cards will be on the market and cause of that the prices will rise for all of them. That´s indeed a nice thing but it may be to much for players who only play from time to time or starters. So would´t it be possible to create besides daily quests for bfp also one or two weekly quests for booster packs? most easy ones would be logging in 7 days in a row and finish 10 daily quests per week. Of course the time to time players would´t get the benefit directly from that but throughout that the total amount of opened boosters would be higher and more cards would be on the market and the prices would´t be as high as they could get with this limitation. With these mechanics also the time to time players would have some benefit due to lower prices?!

Sorry if a topic like this was previous discussed but I did´t read everything tbh

Edited by LordMarc
typo

On 1/14/2020 at 11:48 AM, LordMarc said:

Hey there, "short" question

The idea of changing from booster quest to bfp quests only is quite nice but the booster openings are a lot of fun (or can) but limiting the "free" boosters to the achievements only is a bit drastic. Because of all this the total opened boosters will be reduced highly so less cards will be on the market and cause of that the prices will rise for all of them. That´s indeed a nice thing but it may be to much for players who only play from time to time or starters. So would´t it be possible to create besides daily quests for bfp also one or two weekly quests for booster packs? most easy ones would be logging in 7 days in a row and finish 10 daily quests per week. Of course the time to time players would´t get the benefit directly from that but throughout that the total amount of opened boosters would be higher and more cards would be on the market and the prices would´t be as high as they could get with this limitation. With these mechanics also the time to time players would have some benefit due to lower prices?!

Sorry if a topic like this was previous discussed but I did´t read everything tbh

If the prices for cards increase, it will also be possible to sell the cards from a booster for higher prices. If the prices increase even more, it will be possible to earn BFP by buying booster and selling the cards. Sure it is a bit random, but overall it would give you profit+fun over time. That would pump cards into the market, which would then decrease the prices for cards again. It should balance itself by its own. So don't worry :)

20 hours ago, Halis said:

If the prices for cards increase, it will also be possible to sell the cards from a booster for higher prices. If the prices increase even more, it will be possible to earn BFP by buying booster and selling the cards. Sure it is a bit random, but overall it would give you profit+fun over time. That would pump cards into the market, which would then decrease the prices for cards again. It should balance itself by its own. So don't worry :)

That's not how it works at all lol. The prices will increase only on used cards for example: Mine, and other cards that are not used much will stay in the trash tier and cost 3 bfp. Thus it creates the same problem we have now, good cards that you need are insanely pricey and bad cards which you don't even need are 3 bfp. Yet again we come to the point where you are just spamming boosters and hope for a pricey card.
So please explain how does your system in wonderland and glitter land will work and balance itself.

I think all the economy depends on the mixture of playerbase.

Veterans make more cards to auction so they decrease the prices.New players incrase the prizes because they just buy everything they need.

The actually problem is because "Old" guys stop playing and dont fill the market with the same amount of cards what they bought when they were "New".

Auctionhouse is like a card pool and most of the people get more from it then they fill.

It makes everything expensive.

I think the only non programming solution is to keep veterans playing.

There should be some great thing like disenhant cards option for fix bfp price/rarity.It would fix the minimum price for "trash cards".

Make flat for auctions /rarity.It would maximize the prizes for ultra expensive cards.

Make a reroll ring where you can put 3 cards to destroy from the same rarity and you get a random new one.

I think these things just impossible at the moment.

So only card balancing left what can makes some minor changes in the prices of the auction house.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:21 PM, ktoeto said:

That's not how it works at all lol. The prices will increase only on used cards for example: Mine, and other cards that are not used much will stay in the trash tier and cost 3 bfp. Thus it creates the same problem we have now, good cards that you need are insanely pricey and bad cards which you don't even need are 3 bfp. Yet again we come to the point where you are just spamming boosters and hope for a pricey card.
So please explain how does your system in wonderland and glitter land will work and balance itself.

If you know German or one of these languages, you can read the following Wikipedia Text: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marktgleichgewicht

grafik.png.be0f84d3958b50aff70e59fd64330929.png
Keep in mind, that production cost of cards is constant 450BFP. The point, at which you will get on average more than 450BFP worth of cards out of a booster, will let clever player buy boosters and sell the cards, to earn some extra BFP.

Edit: Found an English source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_equilibrium_theory

Edited by Halis
Kubik likes this