New BFP Earning System: Playtime and Reserves

MrXLink

9 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

Honestly what if after reset upon Login you can literally select between your account and an account which is {U}nlocked and has all the things above. If every created account would come with those two versions people would not even have to decide whether or not they want to have an account where progression is done already. Trading, Quests Shop all disabled there. If players that chose to push their progression account by playing with someone that has everything unlocked than so be it. I am very much convinced all advocates for progression would not bother leveling up their progression account if they did not have to ;)

image.thumb.png.ccf5698d62530f98ebb07e54804da29b.png

@Kubik

Would you agree that all rewards would also be disabled on the all cards account, including pve experience (excluding pvp experience since you need that for ranking)? 

And how about if the all cards login would be earned by an achievement like having to complete all maps on expert one time first? This would at least require some progression for new players so they can experience if they like to keep playing with progression or switch to all cards. 

I am actually in favor of implementing this right now. To see if it has the desired effect. For now without any restrictions or rewards. If you will there can be achievements for progression but simply in the form of notification and looking at them.
Of course, right now we have lots of players for which the unlocked account does not make a difference to their progression account anymore, but for all the new accounts created onwards from implementation, we could already gather data if this is a feasible change for post reset.

Ponni likes this

44 minutes ago, MephistoRoss said:

Would you agree that all rewards would also be disabled on the all cards account, including pve experience (excluding pvp experience since you need that for ranking)? 

And how about if the all cards login would be earned by an achievement like having to complete all maps on expert one time first? This would at least require some progression for new players so they can experience if they like to keep playing with progression or switch to all cards. 

I don't mind the progression thing with the expert maps, even though it's for sure not needed. But, why would you disable the XP gains?

Don't give me some cheap arguments like, you have all cards unlocked so you progress faster than people who don't. There is a reason why Lebo put the {U}, so people KNOW you're playing on an unlocked account and don't actually beat the maps with tutorial/starter decks, like it would matter anyway.. some people play more and some less, and some don't even like PvE.

Also, I would suggest doing a straw poll and ask people their opinion. Again, NOT ONLY ON THE FORUMS but also VIA GAME MAIL. There're people who don't use the forums or discord, because of language barriers, so sending in the language they use their client on would be perfect.

And how we should know what language they use in the client? Server use only English. And they need to use forum, otherwise they can not get in game.

Why would we should not disable XP, BFP, gold, ... gains on these theoretical accounts? Why we should pay for something that no one, or almost no one will actually care about?

3 minutes ago, Kubik said:

And how we should know what language they use in the client? Server use only English. And they need to use forum, otherwise they can not get in game.

Why would we should not disable XP, BFP, gold, ... gains on these theoretical accounts? Why we should pay for something that no one, or almost no one will actually care about?

Well, asking someone in a language he doesn't understand won't help and will make your straw poll wrong.

Those are not theoretical accounts... Those are legit accounts but with all cards and upgrades unlocked and market/trading/sending bfp disabled. Why would you disable the person's progress in PvE or PvP? The fact that he is playing on an unlocked account, doesn't change anything. It's like saying if you already have all cards and upgrades means you don't do any progress which is just not true???

Everyone will already know that you're playing on an unlocked account and so your path was easier, but it doesn't change the fact that there was a path. People who still want the market things, can just open a normal account and not bother.

32 minutes ago, ktoeto said:

I don't mind the progression thing with the expert maps, even though it's for sure not needed. But, why would you disable the XP gains?

Don't give me some cheap arguments like, you have all cards unlocked so you progress faster than people who don't. There is a reason why Lebo put the {U}, so people KNOW you're playing on an unlocked account and don't actually beat the maps with tutorial/starter decks, like it would matter anyway.. some people play more and some less, and some don't even like PvE.

Also, I would suggest doing a straw poll and ask people their opinion. Again, NOT ONLY ON THE FORUMS but also VIA GAME MAIL. There're people who don't use the forums or discord, because of language barriers, so sending in the language they use their client on would be perfect.

The reason is that it will mean something if you actually progressed, so I'd like it to have some kind of advantage/reward over the unlocked account so it gives more incentive to use the progression account. 

For pvp xp is needed for the ladder, so I agree with gaining that. But for pve xp is not needed if you just want to play with all cards. So what argument do you have for needing it in unlocked accounts? You want to show off your progression? 

12 minutes ago, MephistoRoss said:

The reason is that it will mean something if you actually progressed, so I'd like it to have some kind of advantage/reward over the unlocked account so it gives more incentive to use the progression account. 

For pvp xp is needed for the ladder, so I agree with gaining that. But for pve xp is not needed if you just want to play with all cards. So what argument do you have for needing it in unlocked accounts? You want to show off your progression? 

Yes I want to show off a progression I made, why wouldn't I?

Your proposal doesn't solve anything, you can just be carried to your stated "progression". It really triggers me you even asked this question. I realise you don't like this idea and are fully against it from your 1st post, but hell you're just trying to limit all the points of fun in BattleForge. It has been already noted that ONLY market/trading/sending bfp should be disabled for obvious reasons, but you still keep going on.. might aswell block the campaign, battlegrounds, speedruns and maybe even the PvP rank since it's not real anyway.

Edited by ktoeto

3 hours ago, MephistoRoss said:

First point, why would experience need to be turned off for those playing PvE? Locked or unlocked, rank progression should be same. That is my take on it.

Second point, please present statistics on how many people have cleared all maps on standard, advanced and expert level. Somewhat repeating my question from the other thread on how many that have completed Nightmare's end on expert level which no one has responded on yet.

// Ponni

1 minute ago, Kubik said:

https://discordapp.com/channels/604212371828899851/606944418880159775/614103144749596683
From 22.08.2019
(12 maps, and rPvE not counted, only story maps)
46150 players win at lest 1 map
2951 players win all maps on standard or higher
39 players win all maps on advance or higher
14 players win all maps on expert

Thanks! Then my point is clear, this would not be an unlocked account at all...

// Ponni

22 hours ago, Ponni said:

I have read through a lot of this, but honestly I am not following half of what is being said. Maybe I am a bit thick... : ) Its a lot of talk about math, inflations and economy. Its like we are talking about EU and its inner market...

Reposting my old post here as I have thought through my suggestion a bit (still number one suggestion is complete unlock but if not then below...):

More boosters and BFP to the people, spreading the wealth of the community. With the following sub categories:

a. Possibility of upto 4 boosters per day, one for logging in then 3 time quests to be fulfilled, 30, 60 and 90 minutes. 

b. BFPs, tied to quests above, 75 for 30 minutes, 100 for 60 mins and 150 for 90mins.

c. Booster price, lower it to 325 (so you can buy a booster if you want for the income that day)

d. Market place, create option to give away cards, eg. cost 0 on the AH perhaps. If these cards are not picked up by anyone they could be sent back as BFP to the player. Keep the current amount of possible cards on the market at 40 (maybe less?) so it does not become overabused. Also, this would probably take care of my concerns when it comes to certain cards always being transferred to BFP, if someone needs or wants one of these cards they can "save" them. Of course there is a risk for cards travelling around to a lot of people, but with the limit of 40 (or less) cards per person on the market I think it might work, eg. total cards will be shared between "give aways" and cards you actually want to sell. I could use some comments around what a card value in BFP should be, if it is a set amount per actual card or a general price according which rarity card has. Suggestion is perhaps, 5 BFP for a common, 10 for an uncommon, 50 for a rare and 100 for an ultra rare.

e. Make it possible to share/trade gold with people, also transfer gold to BFP, possibly at a rate of 1000 gold to 1 BFP. That would mean my current 6.5 Million gold could be 6500 BFP, not an extremely execessive amount and in the end probably not needed, but at startup for any new player it could be a valuable source of income tied to what you actually do in the game, completing maps and matches. 

Edited by Ponni
typo

1 hour ago, Ponni said:

Reposting my old post here as I have thought through my suggestion a bit (still number one suggestion is complete unlock but if not then below...):

More boosters and BFP to the people, spreading the wealth of the community. With the following sub categories:

a. Possibility of upto 4 boosters per day, one for logging in then 3 time quests to be fulfilled, 30, 60 and 90 minutes. 

b. BFPs, tied to quests above, 75 for 30 minutes, 100 for 60 mins and 150 for 90mins.

c. Booster price, lower it to 325 (so you can buy a booster if you want for the income that day)

Im gonna plus 1 this and im sure there is alot of people that will [my opinion] only cause this will allow player to reach goal faster the speed of light.. not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing, but hey there is my vote

29 minutes ago, Kubik said:

bad thing, even with current rates it is possible to get most cards in less than month

Please elaborate on both your comments, here is my experience from actually playing the game:

- From start I have opened every single booster I have received from quests and achievements (would be interesting to know how many I have opened, is that info you can provide?), not sold a single one and pretty much every single day I have done all quests, receiving 125-150 BFP.

- I think I started playing again oct/nov 2018, cannot remember exactly when. Looking at my saved replays I started to be "competitive" in rPvE again march/april 2019, eg. thats is when my collection started to be good.

- After march/april 2019 I still had a lot of charges left to fill and also not all cards available. So, my estimate is that for another one to two months I was able to complete charges and cards to be able to be fully "competitive".

- Then over the last 6 months of last year I have filled up on nice to have cards which sometime are fun to use. Also, during this period I can say that my collection became pretty much full and with the use of gold fully upgraded (part from most promo cards which I could not care less about...). Still though a lot of cards lack full charges and with my bank savings I probably could not buy all anyhow, but its ok, its for cards I never use, like Grinder, Lost Warlord, Shatter Ice and other lost (excuse me) "crappy" cards, etc.

Is this fast? Some months then it took, grinding like crazy, being active on AH, knowing which cards to buy, etc . Maybe it is, but I repeat this question until someone from the team actually provides an answer on it: This is for me knowing what to do, how about a newbie, how long should it take them to get into the game?

I encounter a lot of people wanting to copy the decks I use and usually I accept those requests, fairly often it follows comments come like this: Ooo, I like your deck, but I lack a number of cards in it...this is then both complete noobs to fairly experienced players saying it. Also, recently a buddy of mine who started playing again like 8-10 months ago, perhaps not as actively as me, got into problems on a map, he had used his Enlightenment poorly and could not spawn Bata with it. As he only had the upgraded card, no charges, he had to wait for a long time before he could cast it again. After the match I sent him an Enlightenment card he could use as I had an extra one to spare. 

Now, why are you so afraid of speed in this matter, why is it a problem that people can get better cards faster, why are you building a setup that I think only benefits experienced players?

13 hours ago, ktoeto said:

Yes I want to show off a progression I made, why wouldn't I?

Your proposal doesn't solve anything, you can just be carried to your stated "progression". It really triggers me you even asked this question. I realise you don't like this idea and are fully against it from your 1st post, but hell you're just trying to limit all the points of fun in BattleForge. It has been already noted that ONLY market/trading/sending bfp should be disabled for obvious reasons, but you still keep going on.. might aswell block the campaign, battlegrounds, speedruns and maybe even the PvP rank since it's not real anyway.

Wrong, I never said that I was against the proposal nor did I hint at that, in fact I have been leaning towards something similar for a while already although I mostly was thinking about a way for pvp players to be competitive from early on, but of course it is possible to include pve veterans who dont want to start over if there is a big request from within the community. However I am not just looking at this from a veteran player perspective like you seem to do, but I am also trying to look at this from perspective of new players and players who for example voiced over the past five years that they like the collecting of cards because of the feeling of progression and that they would feel cheated if others can just skip it. Collecting all cards wouldnt feel as an accomplishment anymore. Each new card means something if you can improve your deck in small incremental steps with it. It is like the road to a certain goal sometimes is more fun than reaching the goal itself. If there is an easy way to just to skip all that, people would take the easy way without ever knowing that they would have had more fun on the road to it, that is just human nature. In an other thread you stated today that you think that staff ignores opinions of players like you, but in fact it is the other way around, we try to listen to everyone and not just the people who shout the most/hardest/impolite. 

With that in mind I was throwing in some examples of modications to the stated proposal here so that it would become more acceptable to different kind of players/perspectives so that taking the progression road would have more meaning and to force new players to experience some progression before being able to skip to all cards. My thoughts were that for experienced players this shouldnt change that much from the initial proposal because they know how to accomplish the achievement fast  because they know how the game works and that they would be more than happy to make a minor sacrifice to be able to get all cards real quickly, but I wanted to gather feedback on this.

But instead of you trying to look at it from other perspectives than just your own and come up with alternatives, you overreact, you make wrong assumptions and you say that I just try to limit your fun in Battleforge. I mean come on, really?!? 

12 hours ago, Ponni said:

Thanks! Then my point is clear, this would not be an unlocked account at all...

// Ponni

Those statistics dont really make your point because there hasnt been any incentive to complete all maps (yet). I am sure the statistics would have been a lot higher if there was a big reward for it. Anyhow it doesnt really matter because the 'completing all maps on expert' achievement was just an example, it might as well be reach rank X. The whole point is to force people (new players) to experience some progression first, while experienced players are able to reach the achievement very quickly anyway (like in one or two weeks). Wouldnt an achievement that is possible to achieve in two weeks be acceptable to you? 

17 minutes ago, MephistoRoss said:

Those statistics dont really make your point because there hasnt been any incentive to complete all maps (yet). I am sure the statistics would have been a lot higher if there was a big reward for it. Anyhow it doesnt really matter because the 'completing all maps on expert' achievement was just an example, it might as well be reach rank X. The whole point is to force people (new players) to experience some progression first, while experienced players are able to reach the achievement very quickly anyway (like in one or two weeks). Wouldnt an achievement that is possible to achieve in two weeks be acceptable to you? 

Bringing back something old, is kinda why i wanted it during the time i was playing, even though the idea of exclusive amii got rejected for good reason it would of shown us how many player could do it, 4 man and 2 man can be carried, but unless sharing account which is against the rule, the solo aspect would be a bit harder.. I did ask for the all expert map reward which the idea of promo sounded great.. but of course it was said that there isn't alot of player to enjoy it so we leaving that one after the release of the game ^,^

also i agree with the above

22 minutes ago, MephistoRoss said:

Of course they do, some of the Expert maps normal people will not be able to do without help or with an extreme amount of practice. And again, I am not talking about me here. People here seem to not be able to acknowledge the gap there is, eg. for a newcomer or even a player who has played for a while and me (one of the experienced players), to be able to do things in this game. So, this is my last post in this matter and the other one too until I get some real response to my concerns. I can be contacted by in game email or by private messages in the forum, I will not read this further.

Last statement, I will be fine after the wipe whatever measure are taken, but will the problem that has always been there with BattleForge and Skylords Reborn too be solved - the time it takes for a new player to get into the game before they get bored out of their senses and quit, not being able to improve their game or unlock all features there is to enjoy.

Over and out, I am extremely thankful to those who have brought the game back, no doubt on that, and I will play it until carried away from my extremely comfy chair and mediocre computer.

// Ponni

Well multiple players did it. The first difference I see is that they did not open their boosters, but they sell them instead. I could count how many boosters you opened in DB, but because you would not read it anyway I will not do it.

@MrXLink

I would like to personally test this feature of yours, it is 1/30/2020 your post dec/15/2019

Atm there is a bug where you gain pretty much infinite or finite BFP [basically you keep getting BFP with 0 depletion]

https://imgur.com/a/4ll5Fo8

picture should be in order and i tested this yesterday and today morning.. basically your reserve is 100% instant reset upon lose or win condition which doesn't matter because this is time oriented feature.. I believe once this is fixed Im gonna test it for 8hour straight while micro managing another game so I dont get kick from the main game [another game meaning another mmo or just reading the whole forum which is another thing im doing]...

In theory only you have 250 bfp daily boost which is gotten in the first 90minute. the second= reserve and that 500 which is seperated from the daily boost that 750bfp. At the moment I cannot see the quest line typing.!BFP but i did receive a booster pack probably from the 1v1 achievement. and a 75bfp [which im not sure which type of quest is that].. in total you gain 750bfp  the booster pack [1/1 achievement im guessing ]and the quest...

Incase we have minds that says that playing 8h duration is long i want to put that semi-afk is not hard to do... you just move your toon to the left or right every i think 3minute to dodge the afk warning and from getting kick from the server...

EDIT

Things is fix time to test. you regain 0,5555 every minute. so 33.33 every 1h, so while testing 1h gaining bonus at the second hour the reserve should still pile up by 33.33 per hour. cya 8h lol

EDIT, taking longer as 5am reset cause of the daily boost

3b554a8469b29a24bda668e1cf1d4062.png

testing the math ingame

I don't feel like this is gonna work.....

in 180minute which is the max time you can be in a match for a semi-afk=400bfp. if the math is correct that 0.5555 per minute=33.33bfp /h 15h=499.95. you can alternate between x hour to benefit the most. [if im correct as im alittle unsure of this],

240minute= 500bfp...   90minute=250bfp [dailyboost] that 5htotal.. refill=33.33x15.  which equals to 499.95.   that 20h..so the first total of 5h i should gain 750bfp, wait15h the reserve is back to close to 500. i can then lower down to under 500 before the reset [5am] for the daily 250dailyboost and start over..

Once again the above doesn't considered any quest being done but i feel like those with more time might benefit unless you have that xhour to play..

my source of specific math is https://ibb.co/S3XhCrk and the rest of the 0.5555 i got from a dev so... so long as people have the time to play that ok, but for those who have less time like 2-3h play time i feel like they earn much less..

in overall i can see what it meant to do but i feel conflicted atm.... someone can correct me if im incorrect

EDIT

I'm making a video for this but ill edit this part because i do want to make some thing detail. i want to say that 3h is the max you can be in game before you get kicked.. that means 180minute=400bfp after dc from spending the max amount of time ingame.. 

i do want to add something from pictures,

https://imgur.com/a/qhRHYgz

for picture should show example, these pic are in my video which is realease tomorrow as it take 2h render 5h upload and i can't play league while upload and dont want to wait 5h in here so tomorrow...

first pic if you look at the right colum these formula are without the refill in mind but it's just to show an example, a point, if you play 1h each match, you can see how long it would take ot reach that sweet 0 reserve so you can have 750bfp which in game, everyone would want to maximize bfp when it's only earned through gameplay [since you can't really monitize it through dollars].. I don't know anyone would not want to maximize it but if there is anyone like that then they dont have to worry about it, except that their 90minute=250bfp vs the value of 30minute for a booster that value of 400-420bfp.. less time played for more bank.. but for those who play and have no life or have great managing and cant manage the time factor, the system overall does give 350more bfp [its actually more but im only calculating 750 through boost and reserve vs boosterpack, instead of how much more you can earn if you fully maximize]....

The second pic after the first one you can see that there is the calculation IF THE REFILL is actually comes first and then the calculation of the formula is second.. example of that is that if you have 367 and you play 1h of it, you technically gain 33.33bfp during that hour into your pool of reserve, meaning when you finish, iF THE RESERVE REFILL comes first. a round out math would= 400 instead.. then the calculation which=120 earned, this goes down per 1h until you finish which could take 5-6h or so to reach 0...

If I were to maximize this, I would go 135minute, which is 90minute+45minute.. why this? 90minute=dailyboost, 45minute on the first picture last colum=100battleforge point, dropping me down to 400bfp reserve,than i go 3h STRAIGHT for the  400 total. giving me 750bfp... a total of 5h:15minute.... during that time  i can calculate how much to get my reserve back to 500 before the 5am reset which gives me the daily boost again of 250... 15h x 33.33=499.95bfp.. the whole thing calculated puts you at 20:15minute... you know that 5am= reset for dailyboost and maybe you want to do it at that time, if so you have 8h:45minute... to reach 5am.. during that 8h:45minute the 499.95 alrady became 500.. you have probably estimately  missed 33.33x8h=266.66 extra battleforge point... [ i got this number by taking out the 45minute which is im sure way more bfp, 45minutes =24.995 bfp so for those who want straight math, take 1 number form 24=23 add that to 499.95 and round down. 500bfp now you actually missed 289.66 battleforge point]....

That means that i should keep the reserve below the 500 mark and use that 289.66 bfp from those 8:45minute to truly maximize those battleforge point from the new system.. This kinda in my point of view contradict the time pressure word stated in the first post and the meaning full part of the game.. Because we are now pressure in time to benefit majorily from the system..

Once again if you dont care about maximizing, you can go 90minute for 250bfp and the difference in time playing up to 420, to regain what you lost in 30minute from a value booster pack and then your are done....

Now there are other complications that comes up with this system... efficient fun way to achieve this....

the system is base on time, TIME IS THE IMPORTANT FACTOR. nothing else.. So while you play in game , straight hour playing for the max reserve is the best way, but semi-afk is the other added factor to the fun part.. why? you only need to look at the game every 3minute[I THINK] before you get a warning, if you get 4 warning the game kicks you in a form  of a dc...So i can play 2 tab window. league of legend and skylordreborn.. in league on the left i can play the fun game, on the right i can semi-afk micromanage to move every 3minute or so to avoid the afk system... i can continue this for 3h while playing another game to reach my full maximize BFP per game.. I dont have to worry about playing, because TIME is the factor, meaning i can summon one frost mage [any unit actually], walk left every 3minute, wait for x time that i preffered, and quit the match. I LOSE THE MATCH but because time is the factor of this system i gain the battleforge point.. meaning, that those who do this will not put more match in the game to join other, instead you have encounter twillight being spam if you want to do it this way...

NOTE: that if you play normallywithout worrying, your reserve goes down slowly because not all matches=1h. the lower the reserve the longer it takes to get the bfp because that is how the system is made.. an example of this is the first picture in here https://imgur.com/a/qhRHYgz.. 500 reserve 1h=133 bfp, but when reserve hits 100 1h=60bfp which takes longer to go to zero.. and that on the hour gameplay vs normal games that can take less than that...

There are more things that complicate this in game but i already went through it i think in a video that i may post tomorrow.... im sure other can come up with things...

Edit

So the math is correct, however the game crashes and dont calculate after 3h technically 3h 38 seconds.. been all day trying to deplete the reserve. as 3h=400bfp but in 3 you get 99.99bfp back into the reserve, and this time i was able to check ingame which you do gain it while playing. so the bfp would add up back to 499.99[veryverycloes to 500] and then it woudl take 400... sadly the crash didnt allow me to receive anything ingame which mean if i want to test if there is a bug after the depletion, i would have to do this all again tomorrow if there is no chances so far as you already said there would be some changes mrxlink..

https://imgur.com/a/fp3Q2m0

only reason im trying to test this is because it is confirmed that no one actually went for the reserve just majority the daily boost and there was in the beginning a bug that should of been fixed a long time go [infinite reserve], and I want to check if I still get more bfp after the reserve 0 [to make sure the system works 100% as intended]...

If you make anychanges as you said you would, please let us know here so that we or I may go back into testing the system fully

Edited by Dion

• 4 weeks later...

sorry if necro idk what rules are related to that in this forum but after reading through the pages i have to ask. Have you every considered making all of the non promo/event cards purchaseable for bfp either permanently in the game or on a rotating basis? It would prevent inflation and protect the game from periods of low player numbers while also providing a method to get bfp out of the economy. I also dont really see it eventually tanking card prices either because the majority of veterans who amass a significant amount of wealth will likely get bored and stop playing eventually anyways.

The discussion relating to removing the daily booster would imo be rough to say the least. That booster is worth 430 bfp in an economy with adequate bfp floating around and being able to log in and play a couple rpve or a longer campaign match and be guaranteed 430 bfp is very enticing. That combined with making the  daily rate about 250 bfp for 90 min of play would make early-mid game very slow and frustrating because itd greatly increase the amount of time players have to spend with poorly functioning decks or decks that function adequately but arent what the player wants, if they cant feel like theyre making progress towards something they want then theyll just quit. Having an auction house where integral cards are often nonexistant due to lacking playerbase or 2x+ the price they should be does not make for a good new player experience. Not saying that remvoing it couldnt work but it would make playing a lot less fun for the early to mid game when youre slogging through matches with garbage cards or cards you dont like.

Regarding monument and lss. I dont see monument as a problem, it's not really needed in the majority of the game and most people i know dont use it except for some super high difficulty or niche strats because they game usually has adequate monuments built in. Plus considering the high cost in match and bfp cost due to rarity i dont see it being an issue overall. LSS on one hand is fairly strong compared to most end of match strats but on the other hand a lot of that is because a lot of t4 cards arent actually all that great. I dont think lss should be nerfed out of viability, theyre still very weak to high health targets that cant be knocked as well as most bosses. Higher difficulties require going faster and a lot of other t4 strats are either too slow or too squishy to work, if lss is dominating the meta then i think the turtle/walkers, witches, and other flying units (all t4) should be buffed because in their current state they arent worth using unless you really like them thematically.

• 2 weeks later...

The Content of this post is outdated!
MrXLink's System and some of its problems explained:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80O2Drgzrs8

The video is explains also way there is no inflation in Skylords Reborn and why changing booster reward to BFP reward will not change much.

Edit: By the way, as you maybe noticed while watching:

• I forgot to add the quests worth 150 BFP to the 1050 BFP. You can get max from the new system 1200 BFP per day (800 BFP Refill + 250BFP Daily Boost + 150BFP Quests).
  • The mouse pointer did not get recorded while I was in the internet browser, if you wonder why I am saying "this here and this" and you can not see my mouse pointer.
  • I see, that LEBOVIN's graph was not for MrXlink's system, it was for his own proposal. So I draw it myself for someone, who played 30 minutes long matches, and someone, who played a very long match without ending the match. To avoid misunderstandings: the explanation in the video remains unchanged and correct (Longer matches giving you more BFP). Just the numbers are different:

image.thumb.png.aeaaa3c60a1b2cbc8c6b9adf5c305723.png

I will come back to that in the next video

Edited by Halis

5 hours ago, Halis said:

There was a video here which I removed... : )

Nice video! Sadly I will after the reset not be able to contribute so much to the community. Reason, my playtime (90-120 minutes/day) does not guarantee me with a booster a day... : (

In fact, I would only gain like 0.5-0.7 boosters per day (in BFP), so I hope everyone else will play those ~250 minuntes needed to generate enough BFP to buy a booster, to keep the economy of cards working.

Actually, @Kubik I entertained myself with doing a bit of calculation given the numbers you provided in another thread. Calculations below are perhaps not 100% accurate when it comes to how the system actually will work but I think they are at least somewhat accurate to show the following: So, those 5000 players that will join after the reset and how much time needs to be played for 50 players to get Infect fully charged = 66 000 boosters needs to be opened, but with the initial 3 boosters everyone receives this is the total amount of boosters needed = 51 000. Total time then that needs to be played, 250 mins x 51 000 boosters = 12 750 000 minutes. Given 5000 players = 12 750 000 / 5000 = 2550 minutes or 42,5 hours per player. Good luck in having that done in 3 days...with my playtime mentioned (0.7 boosters per day) above you would need like ~13200 players to achieve this...

We could also do a twist of this calculation, because 42.5 hours per player over 3 days is unrealistic (at least for 99.5% of all players...I know there are people beating all time records on campaign maps spending hours and hours in front of the game though ). Instead I will assume everyone plays ~250 minutes to get one booster per day, how many players is then needed over 3 days to reach the 66 000 booster needed threshold = I can only do this calculation by testing my way forward. As more players will have more initial boosters I had no formula...but 11 000 players will get 33 000 initial boosters and if these 11 000 players play 3 days to get a booster then the total booster sum will be = 66 000, so 11 000 players are needed...

Halis mentioned there is a cap a day at somewhere around 1200 BFP, if someone plays 24/7, that will of course help speed up the number of boosters I calculated above, but this I dare to say is not likely to happen, or?

So, as math seems to be important here on how to make the "economy" work better I hope people will see the example above and soon realize that putting limitations on earning BFPs (and earning gold for that matter too and conversion between both) will create massive numbers in what needs to be done in order for the wheels to turn.

WARNING! Irony ahead:

But, I know I am wrong, grinding like crazy forever and not being able to actually have all those cards you want is the way that this game should be played, right?

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
typo, additional comment

9 hours ago, Ponni said:

Nice video! Sadly I will after the reset not be able to contribute so much to the community. Reason, my playtime (90-120 minutes/day) does not guarantee me with a booster a day... : (

In fact, I would only gain like 0.5-0.7 boosters per day (in BFP), so I hope everyone else will play those ~250 minuntes needed to generate enough BFP to buy a booster, to keep the economy of cards working.

Actually, @Kubik I entertained myself with doing a bit of calculation given the numbers you provided in another thread. Calculations below are perhaps not 100% accurate when it comes to how the system actually will work but I think they are at least somewhat accurate to show the following: So, those 5000 players that will join after the reset and how much time needs to be played for 50 players to get Infect fully charged = 66 000 boosters needs to be opened, but with the initial 3 boosters everyone receives this is the total amount of boosters needed = 51 000. Total time then that needs to be played, 250 mins x 51 000 boosters = 12 750 000 minutes. Given 5000 players = 12 750 000 / 5000 = 2550 minutes or 42,5 hours per player. Good luck in having that done in 3 days...with my playtime mentioned (0.7 boosters per day) above you would need like ~13200 players to achieve this...

We could also do a twist of this calculation, because 42.5 hours per player over 3 days is unrealistic (at least for 99.5% of all players...I know there are people beating all time records on campaign maps spending hours and hours in front of the game though ). Instead I will assume everyone plays ~250 minutes to get one booster per day, how many players is then needed over 3 days to reach the 66 000 booster needed threshold = I can only do this calculation by testing my way forward. As more players will have more initial boosters I had no formula...but 11 000 players will get 33 000 initial boosters and if these 11 000 players play 3 days to get a booster then the total booster sum will be = 66 000, so 11 000 players are needed...

Halis mentioned there is a cap a day at somewhere around 1200 BFP, if someone plays 24/7, that will of course help speed up the number of boosters I calculated above, but this I dare to say is not likely to happen, or?

So, as math seems to be important here on how to make the "economy" work better I hope people will see the example above and soon realize that putting limitations on earning BFPs (and earning gold for that matter too and conversion between both) will create massive numbers in what needs to be done in order for the wheels to turn.

WARNING! Irony ahead:

But, I know I am wrong, grinding like crazy forever and not being able to actually have all those cards you want is the way that this game should be played, right?

// Ponni

7 hours ago, Ponni said:

You do not need to play 24h for that, but close to that :p Or you can take advantage of the fixed rate and play one match of 225 minutes duration every 15 hour. (Effectively 360 minutes per day + 90 minutes for the daily boost). If the game does not allow that long matches, you can also play one match of 120 minutes duration every 8 hour. But as I said, MrXLink agreed to change that, because it would be not fair, if someone could play 450 minutes (=7.5h) per day to get the full 1200 BFP and other will not get it even after playing 18h of playtime.

In the next video (part 2) I want to show how to solve that problem.

@Ponni I removed the video, because of the feedback I got. I think smaller videos about smaller topics are better. The quality of the video was also not satisfying. There will be multiple shorter videos covering the same topics.

Quote Ponni: "Halis mentioned there is a cap a day at somewhere around 1200 BFP, if someone plays 24/7, that will of course help speed up the number of boosters I calculated above, but this I dare to say is not likely to happen, or?"

You do not need to play 24h for that, but close to that. Or you can take advantage of the fixed rate and play one match of 225 minutes duration every 15 hour. (Effectively 360 minutes per day + 90 minutes for the daily boost). If the game does not allow that long matches, you can also play one match of 120 minutes duration every 8 hour. But as I said, MrXLink agreed to change that, because it would be not fair, if someone could play 450 minutes (=7.5h) per day to get the full 1200 BFP and other will not get it even after playing 18h of playtime.

MrXLink is aware of the problems. He is just very busy lately. So do not worry.

Edited by Halis
Forum seems to be buggy

25 minutes ago, Halis said:

Reveal hidden contents

You do not need to play 24h for that, but close to that :p Or you can take advantage of the fixed rate and play one match of 225 minutes duration every 15 hour. (Effectively 360 minutes per day + 90 minutes for the daily boost). If the game does not allow that long matches, you can also play one match of 120 minutes duration every 8 hour. But as I said, MrXLink agreed to change that, because it would be not fair, if someone could play 450 minutes (=7.5h) per day to get the full 1200 BFP and other will not get it even after playing 18h of playtime.

In the next video (part 2) I want to show how to solve that problem.

@Ponni I removed the video, because of the feedback I got. I think smaller videos about smaller topics are better. The quality of the video was also not satisfying. There will be multiple shorter videos covering the same topics.

Quote Ponni: "Halis mentioned there is a cap a day at somewhere around 1200 BFP, if someone plays 24/7, that will of course help speed up the number of boosters I calculated above, but this I dare to say is not likely to happen, or?"

You do not need to play 24h for that, but close to that. Or you can take advantage of the fixed rate and play one match of 225 minutes duration every 15 hour. (Effectively 360 minutes per day + 90 minutes for the daily boost). If the game does not allow that long matches, you can also play one match of 120 minutes duration every 8 hour. But as I said, MrXLink agreed to change that, because it would be not fair, if someone could play 450 minutes (=7.5h) per day to get the full 1200 BFP and other will not get it even after playing 18h of playtime.

MrXLink is aware of the problems. He is just very busy lately. So do not worry.

Ok, but I still liked the video... : )

Kubik mentioned in another post that there is a feature in the mechanics of the game that terminates matches automatically after 180 minutes, so game assumes matches running this long is an "error". 

I am still worried though, with responses I get from the team and others in this forum, because there seems to be a general consensus that it should take time and that like achievement ladders are needed for the game to be interesting enough. I argue the opposite, getting more people having more (eg. of the cards available) is key to the success.

But, lets see then what MrXLink comes up with then.

// Ponni