Change MS can balance?

DraconMars89

What would happen if we give !every! Melee units +4% moovement speed and nerf !every! Ranged units moovement speed with -4%.

I think its not that much to break the pve experiences but it would help a lot in pvp balance.Like there are a lot of nice melee creature what would counter something but with a good commanding melee units will only chase the enemy while other ranged units kill them. It is mostly in T1.

I don't see how this would help the PvP balance to be fully honest. As long as I didn't miss anything, there are 9 non swift melee creatures with (I exclude Sunderer here as it is faster than T1 ranged units already and not an essential part of the counter system as a siege unit). 

-> Thugs

-> Wrecker

-> Northguards

-> Ice Guardian

-> Imperials 

-> Spearmen

-> Executor

-> Wrathblades

-> Skeleton Warriors

Imperials are supposed to contest Scav & Dreadcharger, who also are melee creatures, a MS change would have no effect here. So 8 cards affected by the change are left here. Out of these 8 cards I'd argue that 4 cards are in an acceptable balancing state already (IG, Wrecker, Spearmen, Wrathblades), 2 cards too strong (Thugs, Skeleton Warriors) & 2 cards too weak (Northguards, Executor). I don't see a necessity for a global melee buff here tbh. I think it is possible to buff some of these cards to create a better matchup balance in general. Wrecker buffs can compensate for a Mortar nerf, IG buffs could help Frost to survive dazed fights and make a late compensation for the 2013 homesoil nerf, Wrathblade hp buffs could help Shadow to contest Thugs at high number fights etc. 

I would clearly prefer balancing changes aimed directly at critical cards rather than global changes.