AH "extend auction" - button

gxxrng

Hey guys,

I am just proposing a small comfort change. Since I am using the auction hall a lot, I'd like extend my auctions easier. Instead of having to collect and put in freshly, I would like the option to extend the auction for a small gold fee.

Thanks for all developers and creative minds!

40 minutes ago, korsbaek said:

as long as it is only for actions with no bids on them i dont see a problem, same as with canceling actions as long as there is no bid it is fair game.
if you did not like the price it was sold for then you just made the starting bid to low

Normally auctions can be canceled without a bid but we do not currently have an extend bid option ^^

3 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Normally auctions can be canceled without a bid but we do not currently have an extend bid option ^^

that is what I was refering to tho ^^
using the same rules as for canneling to extend the auction would be the only way it would be fair.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, korsbaek said:

that is what I was refering to tho ^^
using the same rules as for canneling to extend the auction would be the only way it would be fair.

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough - of course, if already a bid exists, you shouldn't be able to extend.

I have no idea how much of a struggle it is to implement such feature. But it doesn't affect market all too much, just a huge comfort change i feel!

On server that feature would be super easy, it is just few simple checks, and change of a number.

In client on the other hand I see main problem with space on screen. Would the button extend by 2h, or 8h, or even 24 hours?

Johnzyna and Ladadoos said they plan some rework of auction UI to allow better filtering options, and probably also some new features, like auto bid, but I have no idea how they are going to fit it to the screen. And I did not hear about any progress on that from them.

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

On server that feature would be super easy, it is just few simple checks, and change of a number.

In client on the other hand I see main problem with space on screen. Would the button extend by 2h, or 8h, or even 24 hours?

Johnzyna and Ladadoos said they plan some rework of auction UI to allow better filtering options, and probably also some new features, like auto bid, but I have no idea how they are going to fit it to the screen. And I did not hear about any progress on that from them.

It is so lovely to get so many responses - thank you! :)

Of course the design is up for discussion. I thought of a button that simply says "extend", left of "cancel auction". The extension will recharge to 100% of the initial duration, like a timer reset. If you had put an auction for 2h, it will put it back to 2h. If you had put it for 24h, it will go back to 24h left.

Nothing fancy, just simple. And I am looking forward to the future fancy upgrades! :)

8 hours ago, Kubik said:

That information is actually not stored on the server, because on auction creation server compute the end time, and at any point it just use the end time.

I ain't no expert... But that means, that it would only work as with "+2h"; "+6h" or "+24h" as buttons? Or is the timer untouchable?

No offence, but wouldn’t it be a lot easier to just add one more duration option ? Maybe a week, just call it extra long. That would safe you 7 times the clicking of new auctions per week and would only require one button. 

Edited by LEBOVIN

31 minutes ago, Kubik said:

still same problem with space, remember the game is about 10 years old, and no "normal" person at the time have 4k screen where you would fit everything nicely

Unbenannt.png

possible solution to add different durations

I think no one use any except long.

Set the short to 8 hours.

Medium to 24 hours.

Long to 72 hours.

Its the easiest way i think.

Make longer auctions is not so usefull because if you dont sell something within 3 days then your price is just to high and you wont sell it even if you set up a month for period.

Its only my opinion.

Edited by Kispilka89
Missed a sentence

actually few months back I was collecting AH prices for few weeks, and prices can change for more than a week to over double, or HALF, of the price that was offered before. (yes average sell price jump in both directions, over month's average)

17 hours ago, Kubik said:

actually few months back I was collecting AH prices for few weeks, and prices can change for more than a week to over double, or HALF, of the price that was offered before. (yes average sell price jump in both directions, over month's average)

Exactly, it is crazy sometimes! And it can be amazing, figuring out prizes and having a good timing. For me it is just, you have to basically do that every single day. And I am not always able to play every day. For some cards I would love to just put them for a week straight. I had like 7 Ravenhearts at one point, and it was so tilting: 7 new mails, delete all, and then drag and drop them all, entering the same prizes again and again and again...

The problem is that you won't sell the card if other people offer it cheaper. Extending the auction won't help in such cases, you will also need to lower the price a bit.

I would prefer more something like having a button that puts the selected card up for auction at the lowest current buyout - 10bfp (and with the minimum bid 10 lower than that).

And it would be even cooler if you also are able to update your current auction with this button (if nobody has bid on it), so that the button would do the same as cancelling the auction, retrieve the card from mail, lookup the lowest current buyout and put the card up for auction again (with longest duration).