Skylords Reborn Community Challenge #1: New Map "Into the Jungle1" - 15000 BFP price pool!

Emmaerzeh

Hello fellow Skylords,

Check out the new awesome map "Into the Jungle1" !!! The map and scripts have been created by "Emmaerzeh", "Kyriel" and "Perendi". Special thanks to all those who helped in testing and translating.

minimap.jpg.a7d68cb1a58e21702f4af280165476a3.jpg

Description:

It is a 2 player PvE map set in jungle scenery. Various enemies of the nature faction have to be defeated on your way to the ultimate boss: The King of the Forest Elders. He has blessed some of his nature creatures with a magical aura that prevents your ranged attacks. If marked camps are not destroyed within respective time limits, he will summon swarms of flying units to attack you.

Card Restrictions:

To ensure diversity and encourage new strategies, some cards are not allowed on the map:

-Amii Monument

-Enlightenment

-Mark of the Keeper

-Wheel of Gifts

-Nightguard (both affinities)

Using any of these cards in-game results in a default loss.

Competition:

To further promote the map, it will revive and continue the old tradition of community challenges.

-Competition period: 01 November 2019 – 31 December 2019

-Prices will be given out at 02 January 2020

Prices:

-Fastest 2 player run:              3000 BFP (1500 each)

-Second fastest 2 player run:   2000 BFP (1000 each)

-Third fastest 2 player run:      1000 BFP (500 each)

-Fastest 1 player run:              1500 BFP

-Second fastest 1 player run:   1000 BFP

-Third fastest 1 player run:       500 BFP

Besides the speedrun category, there will also be prices for creative/ stylish attempts. The determination of the winner of this contest is subject to my discretion.

-Most creative or most stylish 2 player attempt : 3000 BFP  (1500 each)

-Second most creative or most stylish 2 player attempt : 2000 BFP  (1000 each)

-Third most creative or most stylish 2 player attempt : 1000 BFP  (500 each)

A big thank you to all voluntary sponsors of the event:

- 1000 BFP Eudoxos

-   300 BFP by dersuchti

-Further donations are very much welcome

Additional Rules:

-The competition uses the map version "IntoTheJungle1.pak".

-The map has to be played on expert difficulty.

-It is not allowed to share monuments in any way in a 2 player run, this means at the given camps 1 of the monuments is for each player, including tier 1 starting orbs.

-This rule does not apply for 1 player runs in which you are allowed to take available orbs freely.

-For 2 player runs each team is allowed to submit 2 replays, 1 for speedrun, 1 for style run category.

-Everyone may additionally participate with a 1 player speedrun replay.

-Players can only be part of one team for their submission, hence if "Player A" submits a replay with "Player B", he cannot also submit a replay with "Player C".

In order not to limit the speedrun prize pool to possibly only a few traditional players, each player can only receive 1 prize.

-If successfully participating in multiple categories one will only receive the highest prize money earned.

-The priority for which category the prize money will be received if you win multiple prizes of the same value is: 2 player speedrun, 2player style run and 1 player speedrun lastly .

-The prize money for other runs will instead be given to the next best player/team along the ranking, replacing their original reward and shifting all other prizes one rank down.

-The position in the ranking will not be affected by this.

-All winning replays will later be published and attached to this post and a selection of the best will be uploaded to YouTube with explanatory commentary by RadicalX.

Participation Guidelines:

-To participate, you may not violate any of the rules above. This will be verified by me.

-Make your final replay (file format is .pmv) available to me via Discord before 01 January 2020 UTC+1 and indicate whether it is a stylerun or speedrun. My Discord name is Emmaerzeh#0240. You can also find me on the official Skylords Reborn Discord Server.

-You can update your replay submission during the time of the competition any number of times.

-It is not allowed to pressure the event organizer or other participants to publish tips or replays.

Known Bugs:

-The Burrower and Swamp Drakes show wrong names if you click on them (that is a mistake in the editor which cannot be changed).

-Replays of community maps sometimes do not show up in the game Replay viewing selection. This issue has been reported to the developers. A workaround is to open another lobby of a Community Map first and then go to the Replay viewing selection again. Or try close the game, copy the replay to another place, rename it and copy it back to the replay folder. If the replay there shows the gear as an indicator of being broken or outdated, try again later and make sure you have the "IntoTheJungle1.pak" file in your C:\Users\<username>\Documents\BattleForge\map folder. (Auto)saved replays can be found alongside the same path in the folder […]\replays.

-If you find any other bugs, report them to me.

Current Ranking:

These are the best currently submitted speedrun times. Styleruns will be determined at the end of the challenge. To foster competition early on it is more fun if you tell your best time right away and do not wait until the last second. Of course, both ways are allowed.

2 player speedruns:

1. LEBOVIN + Pritstift            15:44 min

2. Douglas + Dersuchti        24:04 min

3.[Names] [Time]

Styleruns:

1. DieBieneMaya + Edlend 

2. LEBOVIN + Pritstift 

3.[Names]

1 player speedruns:

1. Pritstift                  23:11 min

2. [Name] [Time]

3. [Name] [Time]

Downloads:

-Attached you will find the map file which you first have to unpack and then save in your C:\Users\<username>\Documents\BattleForge\map folder. Alternatively, the map can be downloaded directly in game. Make sure to have older versions deleted.

-Later I will add the collection of replays that won in this challenge.

I wish you the best of luck and lots of fun exploring the jungle!

Karl Lavafeld (Emmaerzeh)

IntoTheJungle1.rar

Edited by Karl Lavafeld
LagOps, Perendi, Deldrimor and 6 others like this

What an amazing map! Thanks to the creators, I will have alots fun here I guess.

44:xx any good? guess not hmmm :)

PS: Can't watch the replay, it does not show up. I can see the file in windows, but not in BF. Can anyone help?

Edited by Volin

You played alone ? maybe that makes it buggy? Cause I had same issue when I jumped in alone too (didn’t finish tho, so maybe something different)

and if Emma approves ur submission that should put u on rank 1 right now xD

Edited by LEBOVIN

Great map! Looking forward to the competition. Do you have any plans on how to make the replays public in the end? If you are interested I could record and upload the winner replays to youtube either on my or the skylords community channel. 

I've got just one question regarding the rules. Why aren't 2 replays per player allowed for the competition (1speedrun + 1style run)? 

Ultrakool and Emmaerzeh like this

Sup

Another word on defect replays here, try the following: Copy the replay out of the Replay-Folder and copy it back (I renamed it too) -> replay works for me

Maybe this will help others of you too :)

kk - so now I am looking for a mate for this project. Preferably a middle european, middle aged, relaxed mate that plays in the evening and weekends. Send me a tell via Forums/Discord/Game if YOU are interested

cheers

PS: Preferably european because of the reason to share the timezone

Edited by Volin

5 hours ago, RadicalX said:

I've got just one question regarding the rules. Why aren't 2 replays per player allowed for the competition (1speedrun + 1style run)? 

Maybe allow players to submit a replay for both competitions but you can only win one prize (the highest)?

And maybe also add a competition for the fastest solo run?

Volin and Dion like this

I wonder how you can make this amazing game, to more amazing match emma. you are really amazing bro. :) i wonder know if you can be able to make. a complete campaign maps. to continue the history where is developers left. 

i allready make this map, take about 1 hour and 15 mins. with the help of ninja(i dont remember the exactly name). so, this is most hard map you make bro. :) congrats.

30 minutes ago, tvitrust said:

I wonder how you can make this amazing game, to more amazing match emma. you are really amazing bro. :) i wonder know if you can be able to make. a complete campaign maps. to continue the history where is developers left. 

i allready make this map, take about 1 hour and 15 mins. with the help of ninja(i dont remember the exactly name). so, this is most hard map you make bro. :) congrats.

Ill give you a tip, if his map becomes beautifull in an image this is 100% possible trust me when i say this i cannot give my source

@RadicalX would be rly nice if you cast the winner replays. 

OK I added the suggested possibility to participate in every challange including solospeedrun, duospeedrun and stylerun. 

If the replay not appear at all you can try open another communitymaplobby first and then retry. If the replay appears but shows the gear and can't be played just try again later to watch it. For me the same replay sometimes randomly can be played and sometimes can't be played. Devs are informed. 

And pls someone donate me some bfp for the 1 pl speedrun price! 

Kind Regards and thx for the great feedback

Edited by Karl Lavafeld

2 hours ago, Halis said:

If you would not had included that rule into the competition

Great rules! Also not sharing monuments is a very great rule too!

I was for a ban for SoW too but well... emma said no for some reasons :D

Edited by Deldrimor

2 hours ago, Deldrimor said:

Just like Halis I don’t like them either, these are rules intended to slow down gameplay ... ironically within a speedrun competition.

Only for the Stylerun I could see them justified.

Edited by LEBOVIN

5 hours ago, Halis said:

If you would not had included that rule into the competition

Whats the problem - there are a lot of other ways to be still really fast. Better instead of having discussions about this cards again and again. Tactics get less clear - i like it for this challenge.

4 hours ago, Deldrimor said:

hmmm...u know that this game is all about void manipulation in speedrun? as faster u can get your void back as faster u can finisch the map.

6 hours ago, Deldrimor said:

cards that makes it to easy i usually tell emma to take it out... example i show a case of the dragonhunt and how easily it is to use blaster cannon and mark of the kepper to get to t3 like nothing, then use t4, then use green afinity dragon that shut down building, and all the range dragon gg....

before this on all his simpleland i made video of it and how easy it is to use amii monument. a dicussion was made to take all cheating card out of there. so i re-enter and did one map and use amii and got a automatic lost... this was good because me and lucky20 then went to each of his map and finished it the card way [all shown on my youtube channel] and each one was dam fun. Emma's best map to me is still simpleland7 the mechanic was extremely well done for us. we enjoyed it... simpleland 8 was to hard without amii and you need your partner to help you on void .. simpleland 8 was one of the most sadistic map in the game.... but my favorite is simpleland7

as for this one im glad that he went with the banning of cheating cards... shrine of war is not a cheating card so im glad he kept it... still waiting to see the replay of those who finish it. i wish them goodluck. and if there are a any new player who need card in order to enter this event [jump to my event as well] still 17k to go

Emmaerzeh likes this

I need to do one hotfix sry. i need to ban one more card ( nightguard) its too broken cause u could take the units with antiranged aura and farm swampdrakes. I knew you could take the units but I somehow didn't notice they will still have the anti ranged aura (facepalm) . And when im allready patching i will fix the stuck respawn. sry for the inconviniance. but since the competition is so early and nobody posted a time jet i feel free do do that change.

The translation for "Nightguard is banned" in french and russian i ll add after the competition.

I also added another 6000 bfp pricemoney so that should be a compensation.

The name of the Map now is "Into the jungle1" . Pls delete the old one in your map folder.

I upload the new map ingame and exchange it in the first post. 

I wrote everybody who replied in this thread and I know participates a pm and wrote a information on discord battleforge talk. If you know somebody who plays the map tell her or him. 

Thy for understanding

Thx Dion for finding this "exploit"

Kindregards

Edited by Karl Lavafeld
Deldrimor, Dion and RadicalX like this

6 minutes ago, Karl Lavafeld said:

i need to do one hotfix sry. i need to ban one more card its too broken. and will fix the stuck respawn. sry for the inconviniance. but since the competition is so early and nobody posted a time jet i feel free do do that change. The name of the Map now is "Into the jungle1" . pls delete the old one in your map folder.

I upload the new map ingame and exchange it in the first post

Thy for understanding

Kindregards

Don't worry i perfectly understand  XDDDDDDD take your time

Edited by Dion
Emmaerzeh likes this