The Stress Test Rookies#4! 03.11.19

Toggy

Hello fellow Skylords!

It is time for new warriors to step into the ring and for fresh blood to prove its worth. Who will win the Stress Test Rookies#4?

Format?

It will be a 1vs1 Double Elimination best of one tournament, the  finals will be best of 3 (grand final: one match, no reset). Winners and losers finals will be all played on stream.

And it will be without the Top players, this is an opportunity for newer or less experienced players. so please refrain from registering if you...

...have gold rank (fury) or better.

...have more than 65% win rate.

...do not think you qualify as a rookie.

I will personally doublecheck some of the entries.

Prize Pool! (more participants=>bigger prizes)

1st place  - 1000 + Promo Swampdrake

2nd place - 750 + Amii Monument

3rd place - 500 + Nasty Surprise

4th place - 300 + Grinder

5th-last place - 100BFP

When?

On 03.11.19 starting on 4pm (CEST, Berlin time), the stream will start about 30 minutes in advance.

Where?

In the Sparring grounds, get the community observer maps to enable observers/streaming.

=>LINK<=

Extract the folder to Documents/Battleforge/

Organisation?

The tournament brackets will be on Challonge, so register and join the tournament there. Please use your in game account name to make communication and finding your opponent easier.
=>LINK To CHALLONGE<=

The streaming channel that will be covering the tournament is DasToggy on twitch.tv .

In case of problems contact me or one of my mods via Discord or Battleforge.

A list of tournament mods and organizers: DasToggy, Karlmann

Rules!

-Disconnection during a game results in a default loss. If both sides agree it is possible to have a remake.

-Not showing up to your match with after 15 minutes results in a default loss. The plan is to play a round of matches every ~30 mins.

-After your match go to Challonge and insert the result. That is done by clicking on your match and selecting the winner/stats . The brackets will be updated automatically.

-The Map Pool is: Haladur, Simai, Wazhai, Elyon, Lajesh, Uro (same pool as in ranked duel). The first match of the round will be played on Haladur, then it is losers choice (if you made it to the finals). Second round will start with Simai, third one... you get the drill.

-As an experiment, no T1 Towers will be allowed in this tournament (Mortar, Phase, Ice shield, Primal Defender). Other supportive stuctures (like Ice barrier) are free to use.

-If your Challonge account name does not match you Battlefield name, please use the "Sign up with an alternative name" feature so we can find/contact you.

Reply in this thread if you have questions, I will check it out later.

I would love to see this community grow again and the competitive scene develop aswell. And it is time again to have the rookies put on a show.

Best regards,

DasToggy

Edited by Toggy
RadicalX, MrDanilov and Hirooo like this

Maybe a kind of Toggy league with its own ranking system would be quite interesting for streaming content.

With 3 leagues and depending on performance, you can climb up and down in these leagues. This would be done once every 2-4 weeks were some matches would be streamed. The old Battleforge league had this system.Problem in such a system is that it only works if enough players in the leagues are active, which can maybe work with the official release someday in the future.

Btw i think Impossible and S4n have overlooked that it is a rookie tournament. And good luck to Ultrakool maybe he can shine in this tournament :).

23 hours ago, ImperatorSK said:

Maybe a kind of Toggy league with its own ranking system would be quite interesting for streaming content.

With 3 leagues and depending on performance, you can climb up and down in these leagues. This would be done once every 2-4 weeks were some matches would be streamed. The old Battleforge league had this system.Problem in such a system is that it only works if enough players in the leagues are active, which can maybe work with the official release someday in the future.

Btw i think Impossible and S4n have overlooked that it is a rookie tournament. And good luck to Ultrakool maybe he can shine in this tournament :).

Hey,

yeah I thought about a league system already but wanted to start it after the reset.

I got my eyes on the players, do not worry, impossible is one of the best players out there, he will not participate :-).

21 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

Why best of 1 tho toggy?

Hmm because some people do not want to play in 4hour+ tournaments. Also if they want to play best of 3 the regular tournaments are open to everyone ;-) .

MrDanilov likes this