Connection Lost when rPVE 6 won

Dreodin

NAME: Connection Lost when rPVE 6 won

DESCRIPTION: I played rPVE 6, everything went normal. When we finished the last camp I was able to see the Vicotry Screen for a second. After that I immediately was thrown to the Login Screen with the Message Connection Lost. Reconnect was possible, in the Forge I saw, that the Gold had arrived anyway, so not big of a deal, but still annoying. I don't know if other Group members were affected.

REPRODUCIBILITY: I played 2 Matches rPVE on difficulty 6. I played different starting positions. I will try to reproduce the bug on other Maps, Maybe it is not only rPVE for me...

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: Wasn't fast enough :D

LOG: See below

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: In one of the Matches a Group member had left the game in the middle. In the other not, so I don't think it had an Impact.

log.txt

that is another bug :( he said in 1 match no one disconnected :(

if someone disconnect and units do not get killed, the game do not like server's description of victory and disconnect. I was not able to reproduce that, for me server correctly killed all the units, so how to reproduce it is unknown. :(

• 1 month later...

This happened to me multiple times as well (but only when someone else disconnected during the game). If it can be helpful I saved the logs, my discord is oehoi#9562
Note: every time this happened the orbs + power wells + units of the player that left remained until the end of the game like the player was afk. Earlier everything got destroyed as soon as the player disconnected and others would be able to take his orbs/power wells. 

For me it is also the same: the units and orb remain all after a player disconnects/crashes. For some reason @Kubik said, that he can not reproduce that, while for us, it is standard. The game will send "surrender" to the server, if you leave the match by pressing the "Leave Match", which actually works. But if one player crashes or loses his internet connection, nothing happens, all units remain alive.

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2019 at 8:01 PM, oehoi said:

Would it be possible that the server does correctly remove the units/orbs etc, but for some reason the other connected clients are not getting updated accordingly?

maybe e.g. only the groupleader gets that packet? it's a problem that seems really common in 4-player games.

then on the other hand, if i remember correctly, battleforge had something called desync - is that still active?

(when multiple clients of the same match go "out of sync", because one of them has been meddled with, or because of a bug things go differently, the server would notice this and stop the game)

yeah, well it could be that all desync problems have been fixed, or it could be that the current server no longer checks for the desync condition.

IIRC each client would send a hash of their current gamestate in each step, and so the server could check if these hashes from all clients still matched.

I rember a time when in 12 player matches, desyncs were common, but that was not due to bugs from Phenomic but because of some stupid cheaters that didn't realize their single player hacks would not work in multiplayer.

Edited by Adita
redacted

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use