RNG from card packs?

DisasterRain

14 minutes ago, DisasterRain said:

I dont understand how bad the RNG is from the card packs but boi last 20 packs less than 400 bf is just nuts, unable to build any decks or even finish first one.
anyone else this unlucky?

Card worth has a very weak correlation with rarity in this game.. added to that with huge price fluctuations and general low demand it’s certainly possible.

E.g some ultra rare cards are even less useful than common cards so therefore are priced accordingly low - very low

RadicalX likes this

3 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

Card worth has a very weak correlation with rarity in this game.. added to that with huge price fluctuations and general low demand it’s certainly possible.

E.g some ultra rare cards are even less useful than common cards so therefore are priced accordingly low - very low

i haven't gotten a single promo card or anything worth over 1000bf since i started and im almost gold star 1. :'(

:thinking: you want to say you get same 8 cards in every booster?
you already get 190 different cards from the boosters that include for example: Rogan Kayle PROMO, Enlightenment, Forest's Vim, Wrathgazer, Volcano, Nox Carrier, Grinder, Brannoc, Jorne, Corsair, Mine, Dryad, Lost Shade, Skyfire Drake, Sunstriders, Swamp Drake, Nomad, Giant Wyrm, Eruption, Regrowth

Navarr likes this

57 minutes ago, Kubik said:

you already get 190 different cards from the boosters that include for example: Rogan Kayle PROMO, Enlightenment, Forest's Vim, Wrathgazer, Volcano, Nox Carrier, Grinder, Brannoc, Jorne, Corsair, Mine, Dryad, Lost Shade, Skyfire Drake, Sunstriders, Swamp Drake, Nomad, Giant Wyrm, Eruption, Regrowth

That's what i wanted to see.

On 10/7/2019 at 5:12 PM, Kubik said:

On 10/8/2019 at 11:39 AM, Ultrakool said:

@DisasterRainlmao a classic case of negativity bias then... that list doesn’t seem anything like what you described...

Do you know how lucky you have to be... to get a promo?

Beside getting a Promo, isn't it a fact that Booster at least give you Cards who are the same worth as one pack??

I can understand DisasterRain, i get Booster on Reular Basis atm where i get just Common 3 BFP Cards out of it. And may i'am leaning to much out of the Window but the Prices are don't make it better. Even to the times where BF where on EA's Live seerver the Prices where on the Level what the worth was. But the Main Problem is manny players don't know how much Worth some Cards are or they are Greedy, and that Result in the Fact that the Cards very Overpriced. And you can come wich the Argument there are not much Player who playing the Game. Year ago before the shutdown there where no many players aswell, so can you may Make a list what each Cards is worth or set an Upper Limit for Prices in the MP??

Cause the overall Prices are influencing the Worth of each Pack Opening??

4 hours ago, Rytlock said:

Beside getting a Promo, isn't it a fact that Booster at least give you Cards who are the same worth as one pack??

Nope. It is a fact that a booster gives you certain rarities with their specified percentages. That means a certain constant % chance of getting Ultra Rare, Rare, Uncommon and Commons. Prices have nothing to do with that. It is all depending on market forces. Getting a promo though is an average of 0.5% which means one in every 200 boosters. According to that, I don’t think you opened 200 boosters yet which means you were “lucky” 

We are not going to set prices because those are very very subjective and would defeat the whole point of a free market economy

I think cards rarity should change according to their actual value so the booster would actually be bit more predictable and balanced.

not something that happen often but maybe once a year rarity balance on cards according to their market value.

if the current chances are those: https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/3328-skylords-reborn-booster-ratios/

and let say a pack value should be around 400 bfp

so on averge those should be the values of the most unlucky boosters

• 5 commons = 5x4 = 20 bfp
  • 2 uncommon = 2x45 = 90bfp
  • 1 rare = 290 bfp

so now if we extend each rarity values to be something like this:

• commons = 0-10 bfp
  • uncommon = 10-80 bfp
  • rare = 80-500 bfp
  • ultra rare = 500+

im not sure if the math i did is right but you get the idea.

i think that if something like this would be done boosters opening would feel more rewarding and cards value on the market would be more balanced.

10 minutes ago, LikeThat said:

I think cards rarity should change according to their actual value so the booster would actually be bit more predictable and balanced.

not something that happen often but maybe once a year rarity balance on cards according to their market value.

if the current chances are those: https://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/3328-skylords-reborn-booster-ratios/

and let say a pack value should be around 400 bfp

so on averge those should be the values of the most unlucky boosters

• 5 commons = 5x4 = 20 bfp
  • 2 uncommon = 2x45 = 90bfp
  • 1 rare = 290 bfp

so now if we extend each rarity values to be something like this:

• commons = 0-10 bfp
  • uncommon = 10-80 bfp
  • rare = 80-500 bfp
  • ultra rare = 500+

im not sure if the math i did is right but you get the idea.

i think that if something like this would be done boosters opening would feel more rewarding and cards value on the market would be more balanced.

You know that this will actually raise the rarity of some cards right? Like the (in)famous shaman going for 800 right now will be ultra rare 

The ratio of c/uc/r/ur should stay the same and therefore every card that has its rarity decreased needs a card to have it’s rarity increased

:thinking: so uncommons that now cost over 500 :bf: would be changed to ultra rares and cost even more, because teir supply would be over 6 times smaller
commons that cost over 10 :bf: would become uncommons and again their price would rise siginificantly, because the supply would be almost 4 times smaller.
And players that get these cards before the rarity change would be happy, because almost no one would have get them after the change and their price would skyrocket even more.

:D and in next iteration Shaman would be candidate for promo :D

well yea the situation is bit more complicated but you get the idea - making the value range of each rarity less extreme

for testing you can start by doing this balance only on cards that has lower value than their rarity pool and not touch on the ones that are over valued like shaman

28 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

The ratio of c/uc/r/ur should stay the same and therefore every card that has its rarity decreased needs a card to have it’s rarity increased

Wrong, I already said that, but MrXLink do not want to hear about it :(
you get per 1 UR on average 5,13 R, 10,51 U, and 24,36 C

but possible cards are in ratio per (68) 1 UR there is (137) 2,01 R, (147) 2,16 U, (171) 2,51 C
so there is massive oversupply of commons

@LikeThat the way you proposed only make expensive cards more expensive, because the rarity would increase amd cheaper cards cheaper, because their rarity would decrease.

so after some iterations there will be even more commons, few uncommons, even less rares, and ultra rares will be cards that most people want, but they just can not affort them.

Try to make reasonable prediction based on your proposal, and you will see if you get different ressults than I.

Edited by Kubik
add new line in the middle because forum merged it with previous post

Alright iv been thinking about it more and i tried to make my solution more consistent.

In order to prevent the problems you pointed out i came up with few restrictions to the system.

(For now im leaving the promo cards out as they dont really affect the gameplay)

• rarity pools should keep the same ratio so if in the future more cards are added to the game it needs to be on that ratio
  • for now if we have overall 521 cards in game the split should be something like this:
    • 310 commons
    • 130 uncommons
    • 65 rares
    • 16 ultra-rares
  • each pool should have an average price value in order to keep the boosters value consistent
  • im thinking something like this:
    • commons: 4 bfp
    • uncommons: 30 bfp
    • rares: 100 bfp
    • ultra-rares: 1250 bfp

Getting the average value consistent instead of the value range consistent should solve the problem you mentioned about the shaman.

This way you can have for example some uncommon cards valued higher than usual but still keeping the pool balanced.

one last thing, all the calculations i did are according to the current booster ratios so if that changes or the booster prices change the pools should change also.

Let me know what you guys think about that approach.

edit:

Also, this change should only happen once and before a full server reset.

not like i said before every year.

Edited by LikeThat

@Kubik they could either stay in that pool or move to another pool but the average value of  the pool and the amount of cards in the pool should stay consistent

also if they move to a higher pool their value should stay pretty much similar cause the sizes of pools i suggested makes their appearance rarity almost the same

currently each card appearance ranges really far between rarities, with the pool sizes i suggested the chances of you getting the card you want are like this:

commons = 1.53%
uncommons = 1.57%
rares = 1.53%
ultra-rares = 1.25%

so moving them between rarities will only slightly affect their appearance (if not at all) but the overall booster value will be more consistent and rewarding

:thinking: I think you forgot about concept of multiple boosters, that would definitely screw your calculations, because you would either create booster that would be significantly more valuable, or you would need to have also same amount of cards of each type and colour in each "pool" for each booster type. I do not think you can do that with 16 cards in smallest "pool"
But also good luck convincing MrXLink that changing rarity distribution is good idea. (But last time he said he will maybe discuss it with
Ultrakool some time later)