Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Halis

Would it be possible to add a maximum loading time in the config file?

Posted (edited)

Sometimes, if someone is tabbing out (ALT + SHIFT)(ALT + TAB), the game takes ages to load. (If he has a slow PC it takes even longer). Would it be possible to add a maximum loading time in the config file?

Edited by Halis

On 10/2/2019 at 12:57 PM, Halis said:

Sometimes, if someone is tabbing out (ALT + SHIFT), the game takes ages to load. (If he has a slow PC it takes even longer). Would it be possible to add a maximum loading time in the config file?

This maybe doesn't help you, but SSDs are so cheap nowadays you can get 60GBs for about 15 € already.. And you can not only "install" your battleforge on it but also your windows which reduces Windows starting times a lot and also should decrease the loading times in BaFo ;) 

I haven't played BaFo since Open Stresstest but I can't imagine how old your rig must be for not running a 2008 game properly :D (no harm or insulting intended, if taken so) 

On 10/2/2019 at 3:56 PM, fiki574 said:

Alt + Shift changes the input language, Alt + Tab tabs out, so what are you referring to?

This happens, if you open a new thread after midnight :) Yes, I meant ALT + TAB ^^ It can increase the loading time greatly

18 hours ago, BurningWorld said:

This maybe doesn't help you, but SSDs are so cheap nowadays you can get 60GBs for about 15 € already.. And you can not only "install" your battleforge on it but also your windows which reduces Windows starting times a lot and also should decrease the loading times in BaFo ;)

I haven't played BaFo since Open Stresstest but I can't imagine how old your rig must be for not running a 2008 game properly :D (no harm or insulting intended, if taken so) 

I have a really fast M.2 PCI-E SSD installed. My loading time is just a few seconds long. But unfortunety some other players need minutes and all other players have to wait for this one slow player or need to restart BF :rage:

18 hours ago, Kubik said:

I am using only SSDs for last few years :D and from my data some players do not load in 15 minutes :P I can not imagine on what they emulate the PC :D

Some players do not want to play with these players, who need longer than 2 Minutes to load a Game. I guess, many of them have a broken HDD and do not know it. And some of these are probably just multiaccounts. Because I can not image having fun with a 50% ratio between playing time and loading time. To solve this problem, I suggest a maximum loading in the settings.