Game instantly terminates upon launch, no error code

Talshar

When I click "Play" on the Launcher after the update is complete, Battleforge shows up in the task manager for a few seconds, then Windows dings at me and it vanishes. No prompts or error messages are displayed. 

I have downloaded and decompressed both the client and launcher files in the same directory and followed all instructions in the download section, including installing the C++ package linked there.

I have furthermore followed all available steps in the "check this first" thread under Technical Support. 

I am running Windows 10. The patcher is 0.7, which I am told is the newest version. The error logs in the Battleforge folder under My Documents are not terribly helpful. Log.txt displays an "unhandled exception" and gives no further information. The last successful log is "GFX rating is 0 points," and then we get the unhandled exception. 

I am running an NVidia GTX 980 with up-to-date drivers, so I'm doubtful that my video card is the issue.

log.txt

_launcher_log_2019.09.28_4.log

crashdata.mdmp

Did you add an exception to your Windows Defender? I also read the posts on Discord. You said you don't have an anti virus. But Windows Defender acts as anti virus and blocks our Launcher (not the Updater). You do have some logs, the attached launcher_log file, but I guess it is getting blocked when trying to modify the BattleForge process. Hence the content of the file which is not much.

Did a little troubleshooting with Aviat0r on the Discord earlier. I fully disabled my antivirus and firewall (also added exclusions as recommended), re-extracted everything to a new directory, and started over fresh. No change.

I actually updated my video card driver at one point during the troubleshooting process, which uninstalled it entirely, but that also made no change.

Aaaand setting dxdisable to 6 seems to have done it! I'm at a login screen!

Thanks, everyone, for your help! I appear to be fully in the game now, and everything seems to be functioning as intended!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use