Event Ideas after reset

Lontzek

Hello Skylords,

I was talking to the staff of this project about upcoming events for the future. 

i would like to use this function here to collect any kind of ideas from you guys for the staff.

Please consider: Keep your ideas as realistic as possible.

So please feel free to write your ideas! 

Greetings Lontzek :hype:

1 hour ago, Lontzek said:

Hello Skylords,

I was talking to the staff of this project about upcoming events for the future. 

i would like to use this function here to collect any kind of ideas from you guys for the staff.

Please consider: Keep your ideas as realistic as possible.

So please feel free to write your ideas! 

Greetings Lontzek :hype:

Tournament for pvp. I think majority of the highlights are pvp. When watching Eirias and radicalx videos, i think that were the skill really are, i couldnt think about casual or speedrun in skil wise after watching huge amount of pvp videos.. So great tournaments with cool prize and recognition trophies [like a cool glowing blue neon [or same color as mine craft blue armor enchanted] potrait that say 1st 2nd 3rd place...

I have alot of idea for speedrunning as well but.. sadly i dont want to support it so ill stop there for that one..

Causal can have events of finishing x map with different theme...  finish this map with t1 and t2 only.. or finish these maps on expert  4man duo or alone. etc

Yeah maybe some PvP tournament with starterdeck or speedrun or maybe some tournaments with commons could be a good idea. We would most likely be able to sponsor some prizes too.

Maybe something like: First person to finish all maps expert, first person to finish x/y/z

9 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

Yeah maybe some PvP tournament with starterdeck or speedrun or maybe some tournaments with commons could be a good idea. We would most likely be able to sponsor some prizes too.

Maybe something like: First person to finish all maps expert, first person to finish x/y/z

That kind of event is always used on "new" games. 
But here... I don't know if it is a good idea.
There is alot of new players here....
And a not so big amount of veterans...
Who's already have a good knowledge of the game will have a HUGE advantage of those who don't know all the maps/mechanics/or especifics of every dificult.

I disagree with that sugestion.
If u want to reward players for completing maps. Put a reward to everyone, not only "to the first", its unfair. 
Mostly of the players here are adults (i think) and we are from all globe! 
So.. .those who start first, and have more time/knowledge, will grab all the goods :S
And we "all the others" will stay just licking fingers" <- (That expression probable you guys will not understand... it's a brasilian one).

Another day i'll post a sugestion here, can't finish my post right now (work).
cya :S

I think creative competitions are always great. Ones that are not based on ingame skill but ingenuity. That can be a competition on fanart and game music (which already happened once and was awesome) but also things like beating a scenario with the weirdest deck or using the least common cards. That way people have the chance to create something new and play with whats available instead of only improving on the old.

Also mapmaking should be highly encouraged even without a competition around. Maybe give out a decent amount of :bf: (1000?) for those that create a well-designed scenario. It's helluva lot of work and especially those who put in some effort should be rewarded. It should be simple to sort out those who upload poor scenarios by setting a bar for the cash-in. For example # of times played and average rating, etc.

17 hours ago, Upoo said:

There is alot of new players here....
And a not so big amount of veterans...
Who's already have a good knowledge of the game will have a HUGE advantage of those who don't know all the maps/mechanics/or especifics of every dificult.

I'd say there's way more veterans than newbies around. But I'm also not a big fan of the idea. It might be interesting with new custom maps but not with the old ones that have been done over and over.

• 5 months later...