The New Player Experience (Observations & Suggestions)

Eirias

Im noob in pvp and i accept it^^

My opinion about pvp problems.

Huge respond time from my units sometimes, its like they move hard.

I cant click accurate.Sometimes the travel point is near 2-5 cm from the clicked point.How to command so?

I hate walls.Some map is just unbalanced. I mean the map itself gives some units huge advantage vs any other units or tactics.

I still love this game and i play a lot but my percentage of played games is like 50% Campaign, 40% Rpve 5% Custom and 5% Pvp.

I would like to play more pvp but i always getting frustrated by the things above after 2-3 games i stop it for weeks.

Sorry for my poor english.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:10 AM, Kubik said:

We are waiting for MrXLink's new values, for quests and other rewards. And I have no idea when he is planning to show us his new values.

Is it possible to make temporarily improvement until MrXlink's values are ready?

3 minutes ago, Kubik said:

to not disclose parts of internal discussion

I can understand that

@MrXLink Can you tell us the unfinished values? Since the current value are unbalanced. I can easily collect 7 Gold chests in a few minutes, but I mostly reroll the PvP quest and if I dont reroll, I join a PvP game afk 2:30 minutes. Same goes for the Gold: Many players have millions of Gold and do not know what to do with that amount gold. So an improvement would be really nice :)

Gold acquisition will never be balanced around speed running unless it will be tied to time spent in a map, which isn’t that good an idea. Since you complete maps faster than the average player, your gold acquisition will also be that much faster. Gold being untradeable does sort of mitigate that “problem” and retain progression for other players. It will usually be balanced around how long an average player takes to complete a map, and then calculated via estimated playtimes etc. obviously if you speedrun and complete 20 maps a day(that’s not even a lot when speedruning, depending on the map), for 3-4 months, you’ll obviously have a lot of gold.

@Halis

What MrXLink is working on is the BFP rewards proposal, in combination with daily quests. 

RadicalX likes this

It is not only the Speedrunners, who have a lot of gold. What I am saying is also about the BFPs reward. You can finish the "Find 7 Gold chests" Quest in less than 5 minutes, but if you get the "Play a certain amount of time in any game mode" it takes at least 30 Minutes. And if you speedrun, you cannot get that quest done, because "certain amount of time" means at least 10 minutes per game.

I would be really happy to see rank requirements for upgrades be removed.

You can build a viable pvp deck in a week or so, so that's really fine, but i STILL don't have the pve rank needed to upgrade ultra-rares after 1 month or so of playing semi-actively. Yes, getting pvp rank is easy if you find someone actually playing ranked pvp, but i mostly enjoy sparring and don't want to be forced into ranked like that. Esepcially for new players i could see this being a major annoyance of having to play ranked first, just to be allowed to upgrade your deck.

On 11/29/2019 at 1:42 PM, LagOps said:

I would be really happy to see rank requirements for upgrades be removed.

You can build a viable pvp deck in a week or so, so that's really fine, but i STILL don't have the pve rank needed to upgrade ultra-rares after 1 month or so of playing semi-actively. Yes, getting pvp rank is easy if you find someone actually playing ranked pvp, but i mostly enjoy sparring and don't want to be forced into ranked like that. Esepcially for new players i could see this being a major annoyance of having to play ranked first, just to be allowed to upgrade your deck.

A friend got Rank 15 10 very fast by playing expert maps

Edited by Halis

4 hours ago, Halis said:

A friend got Rank 15 very fast by playing expert maps

sure if you are good at pve maps it is very easy and fast to get.

but what about them that only wants to play sparing matches are they locked to not upgrade their uncommen and up cards as they cant get the rank or forced to play a style they dont want to?

LagOps likes this

Well you are a very experienced player, but a new player first has to unlock the "grind maps". And afterwards could surely stand to play ~ 6 times each guns, kotg and dwarfen riddle expert solo (tutorials are available but ofc vary in speed), that way also having the necessary gold to upgrade everything.

Edited by LEBOVIN