Inflation Incoming!

ShadowUsagi

Just now, RubySauce said:

Could be, but once there is a fee installed, what is stopping people from using the ingame trade system exclusively?

AH requires way less effort to buy or sell something. I would still use it even if it would cost 1000 gold per trade or a couple bfp. 

Fees are not a good way to prevent inflation (sure they work) as they can also keep players from basic game mechanics, such as the auction house. So i would more look in the direction that other games provide and just make random shit buyable like Skins, Boosts, different options to pimp your forge ect. or you even have to buy your rank symbols after you accomlish them (So at least I could prevent the ugly pve shoes, and can stay on my cyan rank) this way the gold/bfp leave the market on a more natural way and you feel rewarded.

Edited by ImperatorSK

• 5 months later...

I suggest a tax idea.

Once on every week (pick a day) the system remove 3% (more or less if you want but do not forget you can get total of 1050 BFP weekly)  of your total amount of gold and bfp.

If we could get it in mail with message of the amount would be perfect.

Results:

Old players (who is just sitting on a vault of bfp and gold) will tax more until they reach that amount what makes their tax equal what they get weekly. Its around 33K BFP (3% = 990 BFP tax with 1050 BFP income)

New players want cards so they never will have huge amount of bfp for a long period.They are "safe". The progression will be bit harder because they will tax still.

I think its a good final solution to fix the total amount of bfp and gold in the game.

I dont know how is it possible to do it with programming.

Only cards left.

There is no other option than a way to remove cards from the game somehow. Disenchant or a reroll (1 from 3) would be nice but it is just not possible as i know.

I think about a BOT Account if Kubik can do things like this.

It would be online always.

Set the highest amount of bfp for it what you can.

Players can mail cards for it and the bot send a reply with fix amount bfp / cards.

Sometimes reset it or it will have millions of cards.

Maybe 5/10/25/50 , common/uncommon/rare/ultrarare or just 5 for everything.

I hope you find something usefull.

Sorry for my poor english.

few problems with that idea :(

first of all why you think most players get anyhing close to to 1050 :bf:? Most people are not able to finish both quest in single day. :(

Imagine someone will open expensive card in a booster sell it, and before chosing what to do with that much :bf: he get hit with the tax, he did not even know about.

What about players that actively trade and rotate over 100 000 :bf: per week, but do not have much :bf: at any given moment, they will not be hit wit that tax at all?

What about :bf: in mails? What about :bf: in AH bids?

Imagine another situation players start a trade one want to buy a card, and just finished a quest so he have enough, but before they both accept he get hit with the tax, so he no longer have the amount it say in the trade window, so the trade will fail and game crash for both players.

`Disenchant or a reroll (1 from 3) would be nice but it is just not possible as i know.` why it would not be possible?

Did I understand it correctly that you propose BOT that exchange cards that no one want for up to 50 :bf:? If that would be the case it would divide people to two groups, one that know about the bot and buy the cards for up to 49 :bf: and the other that would be happy they sold trash for 3 :bf: ... one of these groups would profit much more on it.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:01 PM, Kubik said:

few problems with that idea :(

first of all why you think most players get anyhing close to to 1050 :bf:? Most people are not able to finish both quest in single day. :(

Imagine someone will open expensive card in a booster sell it, and before chosing what to do with that much :bf: he get hit with the tax, he did not even know about.

What about players that actively trade and rotate over 100 000 :bf: per week, but do not have much :bf: at any given moment, they will not be hit wit that tax at all?

What about :bf: in mails? What about :bf: in AH bids?

Imagine another situation players start a trade one want to buy a card, and just finished a quest so he have enough, but before they both accept he get hit with the tax, so he no longer have the amount it say in the trade window, so the trade will fail and game crash for both players.

`Disenchant or a reroll (1 from 3) would be nice but it is just not possible as i know.` why it would not be possible?

Did I understand it correctly that you propose BOT that exchange cards that no one want for up to 50 :bf:? If that would be the case it would divide people to two groups, one that know about the bot and buy the cards for up to 49 :bf: and the other that would be happy they sold trash for 3 :bf: ... one of these groups would profit much more on it.

well there needs to be some place where bfp disappears, the only place right now are boosters from the shop but people rather buy from other people for less, bringing the money back into circulation. I say make boosters not tradeable so when people want them they have to make their quest (for right now) or buy from the store. Side effect would be that the people that would never open boosters to sell them wouldn't get rich to quick, that is a good thing in my opinion.

If you cant implement anything that eats BFP the economy will only work for so long till it inflates into nothingness that leaves new players without a chance to buy anything and rich player to manipulate the market as they please.

On the turn of market manipulation, maybe there could be something to prevent a player from buying out all the cards of one type in the AH so they cant artificially inflate prices so easy. Lets say you can only buy max 4 copies of a given card from the AH and then you cant buy that card anymore for 24h or something like that. Right now this would still not work well since there are not enough cards on the AH for that to work properly. 

just some ideas and only my opinion.

you would be suprised how many people open boosters, even thou a lot of people suggest otherwise.

If you want boosters untradeable, I have one condition, remove RNG from them, so only question is: how to determine content of booster without RNG?

Inflation means prices of everything will increase by similar %. But we are not there yet :thinking: which suggest it is not that bad.

Do you have an idea for BFP sink? (anything that eats :bf:)

8 hours ago, Kubik said:

you would be suprised how many people open boosters, even thou a lot of people suggest otherwise.

If you want boosters untradeable, I have one condition, remove RNG from them, so only question is: how to determine content of booster without RNG?

Inflation means prices of everything will increase by similar %. But we are not there yet :thinking: which suggest it is not that bad.

Do you have an idea for BFP sink? (anything that eats :bf:)

i didn't say people don't open boosters but the ones that always sell their boosters are getting quite the economy lead in my opinion. Well RNG makes boosters somewhat fun i say but to reduce it (and add more options to spend BFP) why not bring back the different edition Boosters? So if i want more cards from one edition you could buy a booster for that edition. Like they had it back in the day. so it is Less RNG then now. maybe reduce the prices for those edition boosters to less then a booster is right now but that had to be tested first.

Inflation isn't TOO bad right now yes, but its only a matter of time and will (probably) go up more quick the more people play.

Some other people suggested a BFP tax what would in theory work but may be a bit complicated to introduce seeing how the game works with trading and stuff.

i always bring up tarkov as a good example for money sinks but you don't have a direct trade system in that game like we have here. if there was a Tax on the AH only people would maybe shift towards trading more but i don't think the AH would never get used since not everyone likes to interact with human beings :D  i also like the idea to spend BFP on something other then cards, cosmetic things for example. Maybe different hud skins like other RTS games offer to spend those hard earned BFP on. Unit skins, etc. i think the possibilities are only limited by imagination and how hard it would be to implement.

@Kubik tell me why you think that RNG should be removed if Boosters are not trade able. Just want to know what you have on your mind.

actually adding "skins" would not be that hard :) (from technical point of view)

BUT IT WOULD be different unit which have its own problems.

I am definitly against forcing people to rely on RNG, not against option to try luck with RNG. Making boosters untradeable would remove the choce from players that do not want to rely on RNG.

I am in favor of :bf: tax on auctions.

I am in favor of different boosters.

I have no idea what "tarkov" is.

7 hours ago, Kubik said:

actually adding "skins" would not be that hard :) (from technical point of view)

BUT IT WOULD be different unit which have its own problems.

I am definitly against forcing people to rely on RNG, not against option to try luck with RNG. Making boosters untradeable would remove the choce from players that do not want to rely on RNG.

I am in favor of :bf: tax on auctions.

I am in favor of different boosters.

I have no idea what "tarkov" is.

do you have another idea to reduce/remove RNG that would also not compromise the economy? if you let people straight up choose which cards they want then there isn't much of a point in trading or the AH UNLESS different people have different cards to choose from. if you let people earn cards over the story progression for example there wouldn't be much of a point for trading as well. those are the things that i thought of when you said that you don't want RNG but do tell me more.

:bf: Tax would be one of the easier things to soak up some BFP to combat inflation a bit yah i would like to see it in action.

different boosters would be again a nice solution to reduce RNG and also eat some :bf:. would like to see that coming back too.

Escape from tarkov is a more "realistic" themed first person shooter made by a Russian studio. I always bring it up as an example since tarkov has a economy with a unlimited currency like we have here with :bf:  they employ several methods of money sinks to slow down inflation. one of them is a tax for the auction house, others are cosmetics and general equipment you can buy. it is a different game where there is way more possibility for money sinks compared to skylords, at last in my opinion (cant think of much else right now for this game besides skins or other cosmetics) 

I do not have another idea how to remove RNG from boosters that would make sense. I said that I am against RNG being the only options, so if you can sell away the booster, you do not depend on RNG. The other person bet that price on the RNG by choice.

Unfortunatelly skins and cosmetics are not possible right now :(

New idea. Can it work?

Make  weekly quests with negative BFP rewards.

Like help to "rebuild the empire". Or something nice name. Play 5 min.

These quests would follow your achievment rank and you get higher tier of this quest as you have more achievment done. Every tier would be higher -BFP. 50,100,150,200 etc.

This would solve the problems what you wrote to my first tax idea.

You cant hide from it(with mails and auctionhouse) and you can do trades safely.