Rifle Cultist

Flrbb

May I suggest a card balancing, too?

The Rifle Cultists is a cool, unique card. It is a S unit in T4. With enough will to sneak around it can be devastatous (espacially when buffed with Unholy Hero). Anyhow, it is mostly used as a target for Offering - which is fine, imo. But its original idea comes a bit behind.

So, I wouldn't in-/decrease any of the cards stats. But would like to suggest to make it immune to knock back. It would be enough to apply the imunity when their special attack is active. If I remember correctly there are other M units in T4 which are immune, so this change would not be something completely new. My idea is to strengthen this secondary attack. As they are still a T1 unit they do have a low HP pool and could be killed quite ok-ish fast, even when they start to fire their secondary attack.

I don't really like the suggestion tbh. Everytime I use the Cultists besides offering the only two thing im worried about are: scilence and knockback. Giving immunity to them would make the Micromanagement quite a lot easier which is great right(!?), unfortunatly it also dumbs down the game. I don't see any reason to make a very usefull, utility-unit to give even more Utility.

Besides that, it just doesn't fit the unit. "Steadfast" is a rare peark, especialy on S units, which fits on Phalanx but not on Rifle Cultists.

Rifle cultist is purely an offering unit imo. You can play it for it's damage at least in terms of ability but I don't think it would be worth it even if we increase that damage. And giving a S unit steadfast isn't that fitting. When we buff it, I would rather see a new ability that synergies with offering. For example: When this unit dies, the next unit you play won't cost a charge. So you can offer it, get charges for t4 units and can then choose one of those units, that you can play twice.

Edit: I know that this idea is not possible currently. But it's just the best idea for this unit that came to my mind ^^

Edited by Chibiterasu

On 8/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, Chibiterasu said:

Rifle cultist is purely an offering unit imo. You can play it for it's damage at least in terms of ability but I don't think it would be worth it even if we increase that damage. And giving a S unit steadfast isn't that fitting. When we buff it, I would rather see a new ability that synergies with offering. For example: When this unit dies, the next unit you play won't cost a charge. So you can offer it, get charges for t4 units and can then choose one of those units, that you can play twice.

Edit: I know that this idea is not possible currently. But it's just the best idea for this unit that came to my mind ^^

Dunno if you ever used the Dark Grenade ability, but the AoE damage is nuts, and it benefits from spells like Unholy Hero. It's a very cool and unique unit but as usual overshadowed by all the XL units running around.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:21 AM, DarcReaver said:

Dunno if you ever used the Dark Grenade ability, but the AoE damage is nuts, and it benefits from spells like Unholy Hero. It's a very cool and unique unit but as usual overshadowed by all the XL units running around.

Rifle Cultist has the same orb requirements as Necrofurry and when you want a very strong burst attack, you would rather use that unit's ability because it's damage is even higher and it's normal attacks also deal lots of damage. And the 70 Energy difference (including the ability) isn't that much in t4. So even in Rifle Cultists biggest strength, there's still a unit that do a better job.

14 hours ago, Chibiterasu said:

Rifle Cultist has the same orb requirements as Necrofurry and when you want a very strong burst attack, you would rather use that unit's ability because it's damage is even higher and it's normal attacks also deal lots of damage. And the 70 Energy difference (including the ability) isn't that much in t4. So even in Rifle Cultists biggest strength, there's still a unit that do a better job.

It's a very cool and unique unit but as usual overshadowed by all the XL units running around.

overshadowed by all the XL units

Do you even read texts before quoting them? Yes, a Necrofury, along with most other XL units, performs better than Rifle Cultists. Which is what I wrote. So what's your point?

It's a common issue that the splashable XL units in t4 overperform. Necrofury with nature spell support + unholy hero has among the highest burst damage in the game.
That doesn't change the fact that Rifle Cultists ARE a good unit. Their ability range is longer than Necrofury, they can profit from + % damage from Corsair aura and they do not need nature splash cards to perform.

Still XL units are easier to micro and because of that easier to use.

Edited by DarcReaver

17 hours ago, DarcReaver said:

Do you even read texts before quoting them? Yes, a Necrofury, along with most other XL units, performs better than Rifle Cultists. Which is what I wrote. So what's your point?

It's a common issue that the splashable XL units in t4 overperform. Necrofury with nature spell support + unholy hero has among the highest burst damage in the game.
That doesn't change the fact that Rifle Cultists ARE a good unit. Their ability range is longer than Necrofury, they can profit from + % damage from Corsair aura and they do not need nature splash cards to perform.

Still XL units are easier to micro and because of that easier to use.

When I didn't disagree with something you had written, what's your point? :)

IN a competition with no amii [cause amii would cause you to straightly win]

the person use rifle cultist is a smart way.. i loved the way he used it...

i also seen some use it in speed gunlyr where he kill the other side of the camp from afar... its a great card for specific maps  but not a great card for every map, atm it has been used exactly as the above said. offering. to allow player get some charges or manipulated more charges if they want to spam 1 type of unit..

I never see rifle cultist in pvp cause it never gets to the point of t4 [hardly t3]... and even though i have seen it in pve, it isn't something eveyrone would use. i mean you do hit your ally with it if you tried..

rifle cultist without its ability would be another filler so i agree with the sentiment of a buff.. 

the way i see rifle being introduce into a mechanic is to hit pesky camp from afar without risking to much, slap a unholy hero and unholy power and you got your self a good damage unit [only for ability]... still not worth using in majority of the maps..