Balance proposal: Amii Monument

Emmaerzeh

Would you finish all story maps for amii monument as reward?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Would you finish all story maps for amii monument as reward?

• NO
    • YES, on expert of course
    • YES, on advance
    • YES, or at least I hope I would win on standard

3 hours ago, Belormoroth said:

Have You ever played Guns Of Lyr on 3 or 4 position? Search what cards You need for it. I won't name more maps because on most of them on expert i cant win with 5k deck worth.

Amii as reward for all maps done on expert is just dumb and i guarantee people will stop play because of this cause i will be one of them.

Rhetoricaly asking one of the most experienced speedrunners in this community if he ever did GoL P3/4... Now you're just asking to not be taken serious. :/

Edited by Mynoduesp
LEBOVIN likes this

9 hours ago, Belormoroth said:

Have You ever played Guns Of Lyr on 3 or 4 position? Search what cards You need for it. I won't name more maps because on most of them on expert i cant win with 5k deck worth.

Amii as reward for all maps done on expert is just dumb and i guarantee people will stop play because of this cause i will be one of them.

In your post before you stated something general for the community but seems like you have problems to proof it in detail. Guns of Lyr is not a good example to say "an ultra expensive" deck is required to beat the map on expert. But i will come back to this later.

In a lot of games you need to grind a lot to get the best equipment/items. Why this should be different for battleforge? Often i hear Amii-Monument makes everything to easy and its not really required. So for me its a good idea to add an archievement for this card. So the players can learn to beat maps on expert mode without it - may they also more enjoy the map. There are a lot of players like me that can still carry less experienced players through maps in expert mode. Nobody will stop to play the game just because they were not able to complete the amii-monument archievement. Its more like a target that still needs to be fulfilled and can gives even more motivation. Amii Monument is also not required for PVP or RPVE - so there is no reason for stop playing the game.

Now back to guns of lyr. If you try to speedrun a map within the top 10 rankings you need most time an expensive deck because you need the best solution. For casual runs with just less time pressure you can use much cheaper decks. This also counts for guns of lyr. All you need to know is that P3 and P4 can easy get T4. So every side has 3 orb spots that are relatively easy to conquer. 2nd important thing is that P1 and P2 and also P3 and P4 should not start to clear the way for the cobold engineers. This will cause extra waves from the surrounding camps of the strongehold and will make it much harder to finish. So this means the cobold engineers are not allowed to reach the guns. The activated guns will help you a bit but trigger much stronger waves from other camps like mentioned before.

So roughly all you need to do:

1) P3/P4 conquer T4 on each side.

2) P1/P2 just defend the walls (T1 fire/nature/frost possible) and may feed P3/P4 with units to speed up things. They also can help clearing T2/T3 orbs for P3/P4 but should mainly focus on the defence and may taking 1-2 wells first.

3) Dont start to clear the way for the cobold engineers (they are not allowed to reach the guns).

4) P3/P4 build up a good defence at the outer walls and help P1/P2 to defend. P3/P4 should hurry a bit - at a certain point it will be hard for P1/P2 just to defend with T1.

5) Trigger the final wave by killing the big two spawn camps situated close to the first wall of P1/P2. E.g. this can be easily done with rifle cultits ability.

Regarding the defence and killing of the final wave. You dont need worldbreaker guns or any really expensive cards. You can build up a really cheap defence out of the tower necroblaster and some wyrms for example. With some cheap cc spells you will be able without any problems to kill the final wave and defending before. Just some micro is needed to kill the units that will outrange the necroblasters and some repair of the towers. Wyrms can easily handle this. In general you just can build a big T4 army and defend until you are ready. As long as no waves are triggered from the camps situated around the stronghold nothing critical will happen.

Edited by Pritstift
LEBOVIN likes this

just one point for p1/2 in GOL, they can also go t2 and t3 "easy" they just need some enemy units stay alive between the orb and the cobold engenier. Even if its have to speedet up more, p1/2 can easy catch the regular t3 orb in the tactic used many many times in the Worldbreakergun Speedrun (swift unit run to orb/wells, take, kill own unit fast - most people know this)

I also think there is no map who is not beatable with a rly cheap deck. its maby just need more time to finisch the map. 

/wanky

• 1 month later...

Finish ALL maps? Does this include multi-player maps? If it does then no. I can't find anyone in the game lobby and while discord is a possibility I don't think it wise to force people into it or have people beg for assistance in completing maps. If it is just single player maps then I wouldn't be too adverse from it, but all that does is make people who already have it or who have beaten all the missions enrich their ego while doing little to effect actual gameplay or contribute to a healthy growth in the community.

As a newer player myself I am already finding it mind-numbing due to the lack of BP I can get to unlock packs on a daily basis. I only have 2 quests left which require me to PvP for 50 points and beat level 5 missions for 75 which I don't have any good cards to make a basic deck for PvE let alone for PvP. I use my daily pack discount and that is about all I can afford day to day as I replay the same first mission for an upgraded breeding grounds

Cryswar likes this

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic