3 - badge after level up

Flrbb

NAME: badge after level up

SEVERITY: 3

REPRODUCIBILITY: I noticed this the first time.

DESCRIPTION: I played a Gus on Lyr, which made my score rise above the border between 4 yellow dots to 1 cyan (1200000). Within the book my rank was displayed correctly, but my badge at the next matchmaking screen (new group, other mission) was still the old one. but after this next match, a random pve, the badge while matchmaking was shown correctly. this time a random match again, same group as before.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: attached

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: -

Unbenannt2.png

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Flrbb

Hey.

This will be just a random thought, not tied to this report specifically, although it resembles it.

I've seen you report quite a lot of bugs from start of Open Stress Test, and I'm thankful for that. However, most of your bugs are not reproducible, you just report them straight away after the first occurence. This is not a good practice, we need to know the ratio and exact/detailed steps to reproduce them. So, next time you encounter "something weird" that can be considered a bug, make sure you can reproduce it at least 2 out of 5 times.

Because a bug that appears only once is considered a glitch.

Thanks and best regards.

Edited by fiki574

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:00 PM, fiki574 said:

Hey.

This will be just a random thought, not tied to this report specifically, although it resembles it.

I've seen you report quite a lot of bugs from start of Open Stress Test, and I'm thankful for that. However, most of your bugs are not reproducible, you just report them straight away after the first occurence. This is not a good practice, we need to know the ratio and exact/detailed steps to reproduce them. So, next time you encounter "something weird" that can be considered a bug, make sure you can reproduce it at least 2 out of 5 times.

Because a bug that appears only once is considered a glitch.

Thanks and best regards.

Out of curriosity; is that definition of a glitch something official, like tought at university or just something the internet made up?

Well, this is an open bug submission - which I interprete as >>hey I've found something // yes, I've found that, too<<. If you insist on more "quality bug reporting" then I'll do that, but this will cut it down to almost zero.

Anyhow, I almost lol'd because I probably never will reach the next rank to reproduce this thingy (bug/feature/glitch/whatever).

1 hour ago, Flrbb said:

Out of curriosity; is that definition of a glitch something official, like tought at university or just something the internet made up?

Well, this is an open bug submission - which I interprete as >>hey I've found something // yes, I've found that, too<<. If you insist on more "quality bug reporting" then I'll do that, but this will cut it down to almost zero.

Anyhow, I almost lol'd because I probably never will reach the next rank to reproduce this thingy (bug/feature/glitch/whatever).

Wouldn't say official per se, but we consider it like that, if it ain't reproducible then we consider it an anomaly or glitch.

You are reporting fine, but we just need the circa ratio of a specific bug appearance, even if it's 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10. The point is to try and reproduce the bug more than 1 time, even if those more tries result in you unable to reproduce the bug.

No worries, this report is fine as-is, I just gave a heads up for future reports as you're the one of few that reports the bugs  the most and I thank you for that.

I hope you understand, I mean nothing bad with this. :)

• Kiwi locked this topic