2 - deck empty (AH and ready on the same time)

Flrbb

NAME: deck empty (AH and ready on the same time)

SEVERITY: 2

REPRODUCIBILITY: was once. cannot really reproduce

DESCRIPTION: I was host for a 4 player random pve game, waiting for a 4th player. I had not set the ready-check yet. I cannot remember what state the other had. (When I started to browse my cards and delete mails of unsold cards one of the others had a trade deck, so he was not ready) My guess would be that both also had not set the ready-flag. I was setting up an auction, when a 4th player joined. In the very moment I clicked on "create auction" all other players set the checkmark. This caused(?) my deck to go empty. Chosing a new one grom the deck list had no effect, all decks did not contain cards. Had to reastart the game.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: -

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Probably a mixup of sent packages caused the error.

• 1 month later...

many actions like opening mails, creating auctions... cause your inventory to refresh

this is bad EA's design :( and we can not fix it without writing our own client

when the refresh happen game send packets to server (get cards, get boosters, get upgrades, ...) and expect to get response

the problem is it sending the packets one by one and expect the response to be the first packet it receive.

before that packet reach the server it can be 0.5 second (if player is in Australia)

if any packet arrive sooner than the response you will have no Cards (or boosters, or upgrades, ...) that includes chat messages, group requests, trade requests, deck requests, ... that can be send at any time

I limit that issue by queuing these packets in launcher, which creates only small window in which these packets can arrive before the response

Halis likes this

• Kiwi locked this topic