1 - Crash when leader leaves and makes a new lobby

MephistoRoss

Name: Crash when leader leaves and makes a new lobby

Severity: 1

Reproducibility: Yes

Description: When you are ingame with a group and the leader leaves the match and recreates a new lobby (while you are still ingame) you get the popup screen of the lobby while being ingame. After 1 or 2 seconds the game crashes.

Additional info: This seems to be an old bug that was resolved some time ago but it is back again now. 

On live there is still a bug now when the leader leaves and creates a new lobby while someone is still ingame. The leader now gets a message that someone is ingame in the old group and the leader gets kicked out of the group (half). The new lobby still gets created though (without the leader in it) and when others join that lobby they get in group with the leader (while the leader still cant see the lobby).

Additional info: If the leader recreates a lobby, all seems to go to normal again.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know how it was supposed to work in EA's time, but I find no better way :( lobby creation can not fail, but at same time letting it to succeed while old team members are still in match, would cause problem, and leader can not leave the group before lobby is created. So the solution right now is that "fake" lobby is created, and destroyed instantly, then the party is informed that the member leave the group, so the "fake" lobby blink on the screen, and group is leaved, so he needs to create lobby twice in that case.

In the old Battleforge it was possible to create a new lobby as leader while people of the old match are still ingame I think. When the other players would leave the game later, they would end up in the same lobby and are able to pick a spot in the new lobby. I think when the new match starts however, the groups would split into 2 groups so that only the players who are ingame together are in a group together (players who are in not in any game would be kicked from the group, this happens when someone is in a lobby but hasnt picked a spot when the game starts). I am not 100% about this though, maybe someone else has more info? Maybe @Treim knows?

However, the current solution also works I guess. It might be more user-friendly if we can disable the option to create a new lobby while others of the group are still ingame (with a system message as feedback when someone try it). Because now it can be annoying if you want to keep playing with the same people and you didnt realize someone is still in game. Getting kicked outside of the group can feel rather harsh.

That supports the theory that there are two types of groups and player can be in both of them at same time, but as long as we will not be able to controll them we are out of luck :( I can not disallow lobby creation on server that would crash the game :( Lada or Johnzyna can disable the button (if they can get enough info from the game)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use